Ground Beef and Rice Bowls with Asian Glaze is a simple and easy dinner. Ground Beef cooked with Korean flavors is topped over rice and served as a simple one bowl meal! You should definitely try this Easy Meatloaf Recipe with our favorite Homemade Meatloaf Seasoning.
- More Korean Recipes
- Ground Beef and Rice Dinner
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls
- How to make Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls
- Cooking Variations
- How to store Leftover Ground Beef and Rice
- Can I make Ground Beef and Rice in Instant Pot?
- More Ground Beef Dinner Ideas
- Ground Beef and Rice Bowls with Asian Glaze
I love a simple Ground Beef and Rice Dinner for the family. Ground Beef Meals are so easy and healthy as well. Ground Beef is lean protein and a great ingredient to use when you're on a low carb and keto diet.
Be it a quick Ground Beef skillet dinner or a Ground Beef casserole, or Classic recipes like Salisbury Steaks or Meatloaf, its always fun to make one pot recipes which are hearty and everyone devours it within minutes.
This Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls are a quick and easy Summer dinner recipe which even the kids will love!
More Korean Recipes
Ground Beef and Rice Dinner
Ground Beef and Rice skillet dinner is an easy and tasty recipe which you can make in a jiffy. Its super simple and made with pantry staple ingredients.
Adding Korean Gochujang Paste is totally optional. If you want an Asian glaze to your Ground Beef, you can add it.
Gochujang Paste is a mildly spicy chili paste which is heavily used in Korean recipes. It balances out the sweetness of honey which is typically used in Korean recipes.
Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls
We love to make this simple Ground Beef and Rice with Korean glaze.
Simple Korean ingredients like Gochujang Paste is used along with Soy Sauce and Brown Sugar to glaze the Ground Beef.
This gets ready in just 20 min from scratch and is a quick and easy weeknight dinner which kids love!
- Ground Beef
- Gochujang Paste
- Brown Sugar
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Garlic & Ginger (minced)
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooked Rice (to serve)
- Sesame Seeds & Chopped Green Onions (for garnish)
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls
Heat Sesame Oil in a Cast Iron skillet.
As the oil shimmers, add the Ground Beef, minced ginger and garlic.
Cook for 2-3 min or until beef is no longer pink.
In a mixing jar, combine Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, Gochujang Paste, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt & Pepper.
Whisk until combined.
Pour over the Ground Beef and simmer for 2-3 min.
Serve over hot rice
Garnish with toasted Sesame Seeds & Green Onions.
- Ketchup - in a pinch Ketchup is the best alternative to Gochujang Paste. Its got a puckering sweet and sour taste to it, although its not as spicy, so if using Ketchup you might want to reduce the amount of Brown Sugar by half.
- Dates and Spices - replace Gochujang Paste with a paste made with pitted Medjool dates and spices - red pepper flakes. This sweet and spicy sauce is the closest and non allergic replacement for Gochujang Paste.
- Tamari - You can replace Soy Sauce with Tamari.
- Chicken - you can replace Ground Beef with Ground Chicken or Ground Turkey.
Here are some exciting cooking variations to this Ground Beef and Rice Bowls.
- Spicy - If you like it spicy, you can add more of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Thai - to give this a Thai flavor, replace Gochujang paste with Thai Red Curry Paste. Also use Coconut Sugar and Coconut Milk to cook the Ground Beef. Garnish with toasted Peanuts.
- Mexican - add Guacamole, Ground Cumin and Oregano to this same recipe to give it a Mexican flair.
How to store Leftover Ground Beef and Rice
Store: Store leftover cooked Ground Beef in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week.
How to reheat: You can reheat Ground Beef and Rice in a microwave safe bowl. Reheat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. You can also reheat food in the air fryer.
Freeze: You can store leftover cooked Korean Ground Beef and Rice bowls in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a month.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave at full power before serving!
Can I make Ground Beef and Rice in Instant Pot?
Yes of course! You can cook rice in the instant pot easily. And you can cook Korean Ground beef as well.
STEP 1: Put Instant Pot to saute mode. Heat sesame oil and cook the Ground beef with minced garlic and ginger until it browns.
STEP 2: Make the sauce separately and pour over the cooking meat. Simmer for 2 min. A
STEP 3: Add a trivet in the pot. Place a smaller sized pot over it. Add uncooked and rinsed white rice in it with water. Put the instant pot's lid on and position the valve to sealing position.
Pressure cook for 4 min. Allow the pressure to release natrually. (do nothing).
Get it out of the Instant pot. Garnish with Toasted Sesame Seeds and chopped Green Onions and serve.
More Ground Beef Dinner Ideas
Ground Beef and Rice Bowls with Asian Glaze
to cook Ground Beef
- 1 lbs Ground Beef 90% lean
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ inch Ginger finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil divided
for the Korean Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Gochujang Paste
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Sesame Seeds toasted, for garnish
- Green Onions finely chopped
- Heat Sesame Oil in a Cast Iron skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the Ground Beef, minced ginger and garlic. Cook for 2-3 min over medium high heat or until Ground Beef turns brown.
- Meanwhile in a mixing jar combine all the sauce ingredients. Whisk until combined. Pour this sauce over the cooking ground beef. Toss to combine Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Taste and add the salt as per requirement.
- Serve this over cooked rice. Garnish with toasted Sesame Seeds and chopped Green Onions.