Korean Cauliflower Wings Recipe - Cauliflower is roasted in the oven and then coated in sticky Korean Sauce that is both sweet and sour. Finally, it is Roasted once again with the sauce until it gets crispy and crunchy on the outside and gets sticky with the Korean Sauce. It's similar to these Korean Chicken Wings. But so easy, Vegan, and sooo good!!!
After Buffalo Cauliflower Wings if there is any recipe that is stuck in my head it is this Korean Cauliflower Wings.
I am a person who loves Cauliflower. In fact, I like it even more than Chicken or Shrimp. Well, that might be an exaggeration, 'coz Chicken has to be my favorite. However, Cauliflower recipes, do rank in the top three.
And, I have made so many Cauliflower recipes until now, call it my food blogger mind, which is always on the lookout for amazing and unique Cauliflower Recipes which I love to make for y'all.
Starting from Cauliflower Tinga Tacos, to Cauliflower Burrito, to Roasted Cauliflower Taco, to Sesame Cauliflower and so much more.
I was watching some cooking shows on Netflix. I am sorry I don't remember the name of the show. But, in that show, the contestants were big Chefs from all around the world.
So, basically, Chefs were competing against Chefs. And, in that show, they had to travel to different countries and then they had to make one of the most popular recipes for that place with some innovation. So they were given a topic - "Butter Chicken without Chicken".
And there was this one Chef who picked up a Cauliflower head and decided to make Cauliflower just like he would cook Butter Chicken. When asked why?
He said - "it is one of the meatiest vegetables that can come close to Chicken, any day". And I couldn't agree more with him 🙂 Do you think so too? Comment below.
Cauliflower is so versatile that you can literally make anything with it.
Until now, I have made so many recipes with Cauliflower that's it's almost my favorite veggie that I definitely include it in my weekly rotations.
And, today, I am gonna be making these amazing Korean Cauliflower Wings.
🥘 Baked Cauliflower Wings
I love baked Cauliflower Wings more than Fried Wings. When you bake your Cauliflower wings, they cook at a controlled temperature in your oven and that helps your Cauliflower achieve that crispy texture on the outside.
After all, isn't that what we look for when we want some Cauliflower wings.
Moreover, baking Cauliflower wings also helps you clean up everything easily. Especially in a recipe like this. Also, it's so healthy.
📝 Korean Cauliflower Wings Recipe
Hearing the word Korean what is the first thought that comes to your mind? Be honest and tell about it in the comment box below.
When I hear the term Korean my mind immediately picturizes some saucy, spicy, sizzling hot food.
And, now that I have been into food blogs for so long, I seem to think about Gochujang Sauce (Korean Red Chili Paste).
Gochujang has a sharp taste which is sort of salty but it goes so well with meat and other veggies. If you need to add an edge to your dish that is otherwise falling flat, then try adding some Gochujang Sauce. It will make it taste so good.
🍴 Ingredients needed to make Korean Style Cauliflower Wings:
- Cauliflower Head: Make sure you cut out the stalk and then chop them into small bite-sized wings.
- Avocado Oil: I love the mild taste of Avocado Oil.
- Korean Gochujang Sauce: You can either make this at home. Or you can purchase it from any Asian market.
- Sesame Oil - I just love the light taste of Sesame Oil. However, for a more intense flavor, you can use toasted sesame oil.
- Coconut Aminos - One of the best alternatives to Soy Sauce. If you are avoiding High-Sodium food items then this recipe is the best choice for you.
- Honey - Instead of Honey you can always use Maple Syrup.
- Chili Garlic Sauce - To add that little tang and that wee bit of spicy touch.
- For Garnish:
- Sesame Seeds
- Fresh Cilantro
👩🍳 How to Make Crispy Cauliflower Wings?
To Make Korean Cauliflower wings there are just three basic steps.
- Roast Cauliflower: The first step of the recipe is to roast cauliflower in the oven.
- Make Sauce: Just combine the ingredients for the sauce and then pour it on your roasted Cauliflower florets.
- Roast Once Again: Finally bake this at 350F for 12-15 minutes until the sauce is sizzling and the cauliflower is golden brown on the outside.
So, that's how you make Korean Cauliflower Wings. Wasn't that an easy recipe?
Air Fryer Asian Cauliflower Wings Recipe
- Place dredged Cauliflower in the air fryer and cook @400F for 10 minutes. Toss and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Once cooked, top with sauce and serve.
🥗 Other Cauliflower Recipes you can try:
Asian - such as Sweet and Sour Teriyaki Cauliflower Chicken Stir Fry, You'll love the sticky Teriyaki Sauce.
Crispy Honey Garlic Cauliflower Bowls - Perfect weeknight meals for busy days.
American - Keto Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Casserole - so comforting. Literally the best.
Garlic Mashed Cauliflower with Cream Cheese and Sour Cream-You can easily add this to your Thanksgiving Side.
Cheesy Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic Soup-Creamy, Comforting, and Velvety Soup.
Jalapeño Cheddar Cauliflower Fritters with Lemon Tabasco Aioli- The heat of cauliflower with the cheesy cheddar feels amazing.
Easy Low Carb Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese - Creamy, comfort food that can never get old.
Italian - Cauliflower Rice Risotto with Peas, a Healthy recipe that you can make in minutes.
Parmesan Cauliflower Spinach Pasta - creamy and comforting pasta dish which you will definitely love.
Mexican - Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos - If you love Buffalo everything you can not love these tacos.
Cauliflower Tortillas - The best recipe for cold winter days.
Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower Black Bean Tacos - The nuttiness of Black beans paired with turmeric roasted cauliflower is an excellent combination.
Indian - Gobhi Paratha Recipe - Most popular Indian Flatbread that can be enjoyed all year long. However, it is typically made during winters.
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a photo of your Korean Cauliflower Wings and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it went.
Korean Cauliflower Wings
- 1 Head Cauliflower chopped into bite-sized "wings" (about 510grams)
- 2 Tablespoon Avocado Oil you can also use sesame oil
- ½ Cup Korean Gochujang Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 1½ Tablespoon Chili Garlic Sauce can be replaced with Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoon Water
For Garnish (OPTIONAL)
- White Sesame Seeds
- Freshly Chopped Cilantro
- Sliced Red Onions
- PREHEAT OVEN: Preheat oven to 450F or 230C. Line one large baking sheet with parchment paper or you can also use a silicone baking sheet.
- COAT CAULIFLOWER WITH OIL: Place Cauliflower in one medium-sized mixing bowl and pour oil. Toss well to combine. ROAST CAULIFLOWER: Place cauliflower on the baking sheet. Roast for 10-minutes
- MAKE SAUCE: In the same mixing bowl add Korean Gochujang Paste, Coconut Aminos, Honey (or maple syrup), Sesame Oil (or water), Chili Garlic Sauce, and Sea salt. Whisk well to combine.Taste the sauce and balance the flavors accordingly. If you want it sweet then add some Honey or Maple Syrup. If you want more salt, then add some salt.
- REMOVE CAULIFLOWER FROM OVEN: Once your cauliflower is roasted, remove it from the oven.
- INCREASE OVEN HEAT TO 500F: Increase the oven heat to 500F OR 260C. Coat each Cauliflower wing in Sauce. Tap off the excess and place them back on the baking sheet. BAKE AGAIN: Bake for 10-15 minutes until the sauce is sizzling and the cauliflower is crispy golden brown on the outside.
- Refrigerate: You can refrigerate the Cauliflower wings for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- freeze: You can freeze the cauliflower after glazing for up to 1 month.
- Reheat: To reheat just place it in a preheated oven at 350F for 5-10 minutes or until warmed through.
Ask Me Anything