Simple Mexican Shredded Beef Tacos are the easiest ever Tacos recipe. Its one of my go-to recipes when I am craving some Authentic Mexican Tacos. Also the Beef cooks so easily in the slow cooker. And you shred it and fill in Corn Tortillas with some Cilantro, Lime and Onions. Super simple yet Super Delicious! 😋😋
Easy Shredded Beef Recipe
Juicy, tender and Pull Apart Shredded Beef, is perfect dinner for busy weeknights.
Shredded Beef is such a versatile recipe. Not only for Tacos, you can stuff it in Enchiladas, Burritos, serve it in Taco Bowls, Burrito Bowls, Pasta, basically everything!!!
Shredded Beef Tacos comes together in a breeze. Perfectly juicy shredded Beef, Slow cooked for 8 hours with simple Mexican spices like - Cumin, Paprika, Oregano, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, & Chili Powder.
And when you serve it up in crispy Corn Tortillas, its super tasty!
- Chuck Roast
- Olive Oil
- Beef Broth
- Chili Powder
- Ground Cumin
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Mexican Dried Oregano
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
🥘 How to make Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos
STEP 1: PREP THE BEEF
- Pat dry the Beef with paper towels. Season them generously with salt & pepper
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the Beef.
- Sear over medium high heat for 3-5 minutes (each side) until browned on both sides.
STEP 2: SLOW COOK
- Add the Roast to a greased 6-7 quart slow cooker.
- Pour the Beef Broth over it
- Add the spices - Chili Powder, Ground Cumin, Smoked Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, & Mexican Dried Oregano.
- Stir to combine everything.
- Cover and slow cook on low for 8 hours.
STEP 3: SHRED
- Remove Roast from Slow Cooker. Shred the Beef and shred using two forks.
- Remove Beef from Slow Cooker using tongs.
- Serve in warmed Corn Tortillas with toppings of your choice.
Store leftover Pulled Beef in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can refrigerate this for about a week.
You can even freeze leftover shredded Beef. Store in an airtight container or freezer friendly bag.
Double wrap with Plastic wrap and foil. You can freeze this for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven before serving.
💯 Top Tips to Make the Best Shredded Beef Tacos
What is a good cut of Beef for Shredding?
Chuck Roast is the best cut of Beef for Shredding. Chuck Roast is a tough cut but interestingly its easiest to cook. Gets perfectly juicy and tender in the slow cooker.
You can also use Brisket.
Can I use Fresh Onions and Garlic?
Yes you can. Add the chopped Onions and minced Garlic to the same pot while searing the Roast. Once it gets cooked, transfer all of it to the slow cooker and cook.
Is Shredded Beef Healthy?
Yes absolutely! Shredded Beef is a healthy and filling dinner for the family. Its Low Carb, Keto, Gluten Free, and, Whole30 friendly. Its very nutritious and filled with Protein. Get more details about health benefits of Beef here - ohiobeef.org
More Mexican Tacos Recipes
- Carnitas Tacos - Crock Pot Pork Carnitas
- Beef Barbacoa
- Ground Chicken Tacos
- Blackened Salmon Tacos
- Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Mexican Shredded Beef Tacos (in slow cooker)
- 3 lbs Chuck Roast or Cross Rib Roast or Brisket
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1½ cup Beef Broth
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper as per taste
- 1 medium sized Lime juiced
- Pat dry the Beef with dry paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat Olive Oil in a large skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the Roast and sear for 3-5 min (each sides) until browned.
- Transfer the Roast to a 6-7 quart slow cooker. Pour Beef Broth over it. Sprinkle the spices - Chili Powder, Ground Cumin, Smoked Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, & Mexican Dried Oregano. Stir to combine. Cover and slow cook for 8 hours.
- Remove roast from Slow Cooker. Shred using two forks. Squeeze Lemon Juice on top. Serve this in warmed Tortillas with toppings of your choice.