Garlic Shrimp Pasta in Mediterranean style with tomatoes, red onions, garlic, olive oil, lemon, herbs and Parmesan is bursting with flavors.
This Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta is easy enough for a quick weeknight dinner. Its a healthy Mediterranean Pasta dish which is filled with amazing flavors. Add a Bread and a side salad to this and it will be fancy enough for a company. 😋
This easy and super delicious, Garlic Shrimp Pasta dish cooked in Mediterranean style with olive oil, white wine, herbs and tomatoes, is bursting with our favorite Mediterranean flavors and the Shrimps tastes super good. Also, it takes just 15 minutes to whip up. 😋 🍤
With the fall season upon us, it's the perfect time of the year to enjoy some cosy and comforting Pasta recipes for dinner. The colder days are the best time to indulge in some cosy and easy recipes for dinner.
💪 Healthy Shrimp Pasta recipe for Dinner
What I love the most about this Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta is that its so easy to make. Also, the flavors here will remind you of summers.
It's got the zesty and refreshing burst of lemon and fresh Parsley. Also, the tomatoes taste so damn good in this Pasta.
And the best of all is that this takes only 15 minutes to make. This is a healthy Shrimp Recipe for dinner which you'll love for sure. 😋
🍤 Easy Shrimp Pasta Recipe in a Mediterranean Pasta Sauce
Juicy and Plump Shrimps along with a saucy, herby and refreshing Mediterranean Pasta sauce is seriously my definition of comfort food. It's not only easy to make but is super super delicious. The burst of flavors from Olive Oil and White Wine, really makes this Simple Shrimp Pasta taste outstanding. 😋 😋 😋 😋
Have you tried my
- Shrimp Dip
- Tomato Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta
- Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Easiest Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo with Cream Cheese
- Miso Sesame Udon Noodles Stir Fry
- 💪 Healthy Shrimp Pasta recipe for Dinner
- 🍤 Easy Shrimp Pasta Recipe in a Mediterranean Pasta Sauce
- 🥘 Ingredients
- 👩🍳 Instructions on making Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta
- STEP 1: COOK THE PASTA
- STEP 2: COOK THE SHRIMP
- STEP 3: MAKE THE MEDITERRANEAN PASTA SAUCE
- STEP 4: DEGLAZE THE PAN
- STEP 5: GARNISH & SERVE
- 😋 What makes Mediterranean food unique?
- Why is Mediterranean food so good
- 🧊 Storage
- 🍝 Gimme more Pasta recipes
- Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta
- Angel Hair Pasta - You can use any pasta you have at home. I love this Angel Hair Pasta because it coats with the sauce the best. Alternatively, you can use Penne or Fusilli or Elbow Macaroni or Shells Pasta.
- Shrimps - Peeled and Deveined. If you're using frozen Shrimps, thaw them by running under tap water for a while and then use it
- Salt and Pepper - To season the Pasta
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - for the best flavors.
- Red Pepper Flakes - For a slight bit of spice
- Sweet Paprika - A delicious addition to the Pasta sauce. Doesn't make it spicy at all. Rather gives a nice smokey flavor to the Pasta sauce.
- Italian Seasoning - Brings in a burst of herby taste to the Pasta
- Lemon Juice & Lemon Zest - for delicious zestiness and freshness to the Pasta
- Red Onions & Garlic - brings in amazing Mediterranean flavors
- Diced Tomatoes - this is the best of all. Tastes soo good. I have used diced, drained tomatoes. (you can use the juices as well)
- White Wine - I like to use Pinot Grigio. You can use Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay as well.
- Parmesan Cheese - preferably, freshly grated (for garnish)
- Freshly chopped Parsley - for garnish
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
👩🍳 Instructions on making Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta
This Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta is one of the easiest recipes ever. It sounds facncy and tastes really elegant and flavorful, but actually this is so easy to make and just uses pantry staple ingredients. You're going to love this recipe.
STEP 1: COOK THE PASTA
- Bring a pot of water to boil
- As the water boils add salt and pasta and cook as per package directions or untol al dente
- Drain the water and keep the Pasta aside
STEP 2: COOK THE SHRIMP
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet or Pan
- As the Oil shimmers, add the Shrimps and cook them over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until they curl and get pink-ish. (DO NOT OVERCOOK THE SHRIMP)
- Remove the cooked Shrimps from the skillet and keep aside in a plate
STEP 3: MAKE THE MEDITERRANEAN PASTA SAUCE
- In the same skillet, add the chopped Onions & Minced Garlic. Saute until they get fragrant for about 2 minutes (over medium-high heat)
- Next, add the Italian Seasoning, Red Pepper Flakes and Sweet Paprika
- Cook all of this for 2-3 min over medium-high heat
STEP 4: DEGLAZE THE PAN
- Now, deglaze the Pan with White Wine
- As it comes to a boil, add the diced tomatoes along with salt and pepper
- Cook for just 2-3 minutes and then add the Drained Pasta along with cooked Shrimps.
- Toss to combine the Pasta with the sauce
STEP 5: GARNISH & SERVE
- Garnish this Pasta with Freshly grated Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice and Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Garnish with freshly chopped Parsley leaves and serve
😋 What makes Mediterranean food unique?
Mediterranean Cuisine used Olive Oil, instead of butter. Also, there is a huge use of seafood in Mediterranean cuisine. Also, it uses Wine instead of Beer. Also, Mediterranean cuisine relies heavily on spices as well as herbs, both of which are healthy and flavors food uniquely.
Also try these Mediterranean recipes for dinner
- Mediterranean Saffron Rice
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Chickpeas
- Low Carb Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas
Why is Mediterranean food so good
Mediterranean Diet is the #1 diet in the world today. It includes seafood in our diets which is so healthy. There are carbs in the diet but only in a limited proportion. Also, use of Olive Oil, Nuts, Fish Oil and Wine is extremely healthy.
This Pasta can be easily stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. However, the Shrimp will lose its texture on storing. This can be stored in the refrigerator fro 2-3 days.
🍝 Gimme more Pasta recipes
- Tomato Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta
- Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Parm Pasta
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta
- Salmon Pasta in Creamy Cajun Sauce
- Lemon Zucchini Pasta
- Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
- Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta
- 8 oz Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 lb Shrimp Peeled and Deveined (medium sized)
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt and Pepper as per taste
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 medium sized Red Onion finely chopped
- ½ can Diced Tomatoes drained
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes or to taste
- ½ teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- ¼ cup White Wine
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 cup Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Freshly chopped Parsley for garnish
- Cook the Pasta: Bring a large pot of water to boil. As the water boils, add salt and Angel Hair Pasta. Cook the Pasta as per package directions until al dente. Drain the water and keep the Pasta aside.
- Cook the Shrimps: Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. As the Oil shimmers, add the Shrimps to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes (per side) , stirring occasionally, until they get pink-ish. Once they get cooked, remove from the skillet and keep aside in a plate
- Make the Pasta Sauce: In the same skillet, add the chopped red onions and minced garlic. Saute over medium-high heat until they turn fragrant for 2-3 minutes. Add the Italian Seasoning, Red Pepper Flakes and Sweet Paprika. Toss to combine and cook for 1-2 min.
- Add Tomatoes: Deglaze the Pan with White Wine. Add the diced tomatoes, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Simmer the sauce for 2 min.
- Add the Pasta: Add the cooked Pasta to the sauce. Stir in Shrimps along with freshly grated Lemon, Zest and Lemon Juice to the Pasta. Add freshly grated Parmesan Cheese and toss to combine.
- Garnish and Serve: Garnish with some more Parmesan Cheese and freshly chopped Parsley. Serve immediately.