Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta - Buttery Shrimp tossed in a creamy, garlicky sauce served with Parmesan Cheese over linguine pasta is a family favorite meal that you just can't say no to. When you have ingredients like Shrimp, Garlic, and Butter, the result HAS to be something that is beyond delicious.
This takes hardly 10-minutes from start to scratch. And needs very few ingredients. Just a pack of Fresh or Frozen Shrimps, with minced Garlic, Butter, Heavy Cream, Chicken Broth, and of Course Salt & Pepper is all that you need to make this Creamy Garlic Shrimp. You can add your own choice of Pasta. From Linguine to Angel Hair to Penne to Rigatoni the options are endless.
For me, The best thing about this recipe is Garlic & Butter. You can change the protein as your wish. Instead of Shrimps you can use Chicken and make this Baked Garlic Butter Chicken Breasts or you can use Scallops to make Garlic Butter Scallops or if you are vegetarian you can make Pan-Seared Garlic Butter Mushrooms
Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta
This Creamy Garlic Sauce is so tasty that you can enjoy this right away. But, when you have linguine pasta to hold the flavors the dish becomes Ummm.....amazingly delicious!
You can also add spinach while making the pasta. But I have skipped Spinach for this recipe. Served with some leafy green vegetables or some side salad this Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta Recipe is sure to be a winner. I would recommend you to try these with Garlic Butter Sauteed Green Beans with Parmesan
Ingredients Needed to Make this Recipe
Before we begin let's take a quick look at the ingredients we need to make this Shrimp recipe from scratch.
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy Cream
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Red Pepper Flakes (OPTIONAL)
- Chopped Parsley (OPTIONAL)
How To Make Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta from Scratch
Step 1: Sear Shrimps
First of all, you need to cook your shrimp in olive oil. Now keep in mind that Shrimps cook really fast. If you are using frozen shrimp then make sure you place it in a colander and run it under tap water. Dry it with a paper towel and then add it to your oil.
Do not cook them for long. As I said, Shrimps cook real fast. So, cook one side for just 30-seconds and then flip over.
Step 2: Add garlic and butter
In the next step, we are going to add minced garlic and some butter. If you want you can use Garlic Powder instead of minced garlic. But, I love minced garlic more, especially when I am making garlic butter. Sauté your garlic for not more than 30-seconds.
Season with Salt and Pepper as per your taste.
Step 3: Add Chicken broth and Heavy Cream
Into this, we are going to pour in Chicken Broth and some Heavy Cream. Now, since we are not using anything lemon you can totally replace Heavy Cream with Half and Half or Milk or Evaporated Milk for low carb option.
Now, allow this to simmer gently over low heat. Taste it and adjust the seasoning as per your liking.
Step 4: Add Pasta and Parmesan Cheese
Next, we are gonna add our cooked pasta and our grated Parmesan Cheese. Do not cook any further after you've added the cheese. Take it off the heat and stir well until the cheese combines well with the sauce.
Step 5: Serve
Finally, Serve your Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta with some Red Pepper Flakes and Chopped Parsley.
Things to Keep in Mind while making Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- If you are using Frozen Shrimps then make sure you thaw it completely before using. Learn How to Thaw Frozen Shrimp.
- Do Not Overcook your Shrimps. Keep in mind that you need to cook per side for just 30-seconds.
- Do Not Burn Your Garlic. Garlic burns in a blink of an eye. So, to not let that happen, keep a close eye and cook for just 30-seconds.
- You can replace Chicken Broth with Dry White Wine. Make sure you use good quality white wine such as Chardonnay or Pinot Griot
- Replace Heavy Cream with Evaporated Milk for Low Carb Option
- Use Fresh Parmesan Cheese. Shred-it at home. Do not buy pre-shredded Parmesan Cheese. It doesn't mix with the sauce and remains grainy.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- Shrimp Fried Rice
- Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- 10-min Shrimp Scampi With Spaghetti
- Copycat Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Roasted Garlic
- Easiest Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Creamy Coconut Shrimp
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share your marvelous creation on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Shrimp Peeled (Fresh or Frozen)
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced or finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Salted Butter
- Salt and Pepper As Per Taste
- ½ Cup Chicken Broth or Dry White Wine
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream or Evaporated Milk (for low carb)
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8 ounces Linguine cooked to al dente and drained
- Red Pepper Flakes OPTIONAL
- Fresh Chopped Parsley OPTIONAL
- Cook Pasta until al dente: In a pot of salted boiling water cook Linguine pasta as per package directions. Once done drain water and keep it in a colander.
- Cook Shrimps: In a pan heat some Olive Oil. Add shrimps and cook for each side until pink and not fully cooked. Cook each side for just 30-seconds.
- Add Garlic and Butter: Into this add minced garlic and butter. Season with Salt and Pepper as per taste.
- Add Chicken Broth and Heavy Cream: Pour Chicken broth and heavy cream. Allow it to simmer gently on low heat. Stir occasionally. Taste the sauce. Adjust seasoning as your taste.
- Add Cooked pasta and Parmesan: Now add Cooked Pasta and Grated Parmesan Cheese. Stir well to combine. Take it off the heat.
- Garnish and Serve: Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and red pepper flakes. Serve right away.
- Do not bring the sauce to a boil as it might curdle.
- If using Half and Half or Milk do not add Lemon. It will definitely curdle.
- Do not overcook your shrimps. Just cook each side for 30-seconds.
- You can also add spinach after you've added your butter and garlic.
Ask Me Anything