Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta - Creamy Crack Chicken loaded with Ranch, Cheddar Cheese, Cream Cheese, and Bacon is cooked with Penne Pasta in just 4-minutes in Instant Pot. This is then topped with more cheese and served!
Instant Pot Crack Chicken is seriously the juiciest, creamiest, and cheesiest Chicken ever!
Also, this gets ready in just 20 minutes from scratch. So, makes for a perfect weeknight dinner.
Replace Pasta with Spaghetti Squash or Zoodles and you have a perfect Keto approved Low Carb dinner recipe!
The best part about this Crack Chicken recipe is that it's absolutely quick and easy. I myself do not like to spend long hours in the kitchen and this one is my go-to recipe when I'm all tired and just want to get done with dinner ASAP.
I'm sure you have those nights too. For all of those busy and tiring nights, this recipe is a boon! And trust me, making this in the Instant Pot will make it even quicker and easier.
For those of you who don't know how to use this Kitchen Gadget or don't own one, don't worry! This can easily be made on the stovetop as well and shall taste, just as good! Also, I promise it will be quick and easy 🙂
What is Crack Chicken?
Crack Chicken is basically a dip which is made with Ranch, Cheese, and Bacon. It is said that the combination of the three makes for a really addictive recipe and hence the name crack chicken.
Well, as much as we love Crack Chicken with sliders, we love to make it into a pasta dish.
Especially a perfect midweek dinner recipe. This makes for a great meal for the family. You can make this in the slow cooker as well and it's just so perfect for the summers.
Let's talk taste
This Crack Chicken Pasta is super creamy, cheesy, and delicious. I love the Ranch seasoning because it adds a perfect tartness and burst of zesty flavors to this pasta dish.
I like the small addition of Hot Sauce to this dish. It brings in a slight heat and doesn't make the pasta go bland.
I have added extra cheese on top, so this might just feel like a Crack Chicken Pasta Casserole. But it's not. I haven't added loads of Cheddar on top. It's just some extra Mozzarella because I love Cheese in my pasta and just couldn't go without it. Also, it makes this Crack Chicken Penne taste extra delicious and cheesy!
I love a good Pasta casserole or baked Chicken Casserole or just a good Chicken Pasta. Especially for a potluck dinner, this is my go-to recipe. It feeds the crowd and is always loved by everyone.
How to make Crack Chicken Pasta in Instant Pot?
Below is a brief description of how to make Crack Chicken Pasta in the Instant Pot. You can find the full recipe card below. Also, make sure you watch the video for a visual.
STEP 1: Saute the Chicken
- Put the instant pot in Saute mode.
- Heat Olive oil in the Instant pot
- Add the Chicken Breasts and chopped Bacon
- Saute over high heat until the Chicken Browns on both sides and the Bacon turns brown.
- Once it gets sauteed, take it out on a plate and shred the chicken using two forks.
STEP 2: Make the Sauce
- In the same pan, pour water or chicken broth
- Next, add the shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Add the Ranch Seasoning
- Add the Cream Cheese and Hot Sauce
- Season with Salt & Pepper
- Whisk until combined.
STEP 3: Add the Pasta & Chicken
- Now, add the uncooked Penne Pasta
- Add the Shredded Chicken
- Toss to combine
- Put the lid on and pressure cook for 4-minutes over high.
- After 4-minutes, allow 5 minutes for natural pressure release and then do a quick pressure release.
STEP 4: Serve
- Add Mozzarella Cheese on top
- Cover and allow the cheese to melt
- Top with chopped Cilantro
- Serve immediately.
How to make One Pot Crack Chicken Penne on the stovetop?
To make this on the stovetop, first, brown the Bacon and Chicken, take it out on a plate, and shred the chicken using two forks.
Now, in a large pot or skillet, add some water, followed by ranch seasoning, cheddar cheese, Cream Cheese, hot sauce, Salt & Pepper. Whisk until combined.
Next, add the uncooked pasta and the Shredded Chicken. Toss to combine.
Cover cook for 5-7 minutes or until the pasta gets cooked.
Next, add the Mozzarella Cheese on top and cover just until the cheese melts on top.
Garnish with Bacon and chopped cilantro and enjoy!
Can you freeze this Crack Chicken Pasta?
Yes of course! This will stay fresh in your freezer for up to 2 months. You can make this pasta dish, cool it down to room temperature, and then transfer it to a buttered baking dish.
Cover with aluminum foil and then again with plastic wrap and store this in the freezer.
Before reheating, just remove the plastic wrap and reheat it in a 350F preheated oven for about 50 minutes.
- You can skip the noodles and just enjoy this with tortilla chips or enjoy it as sliders
- Rotisserie Chicken - You can use Rotisserie chicken and it will be such a time-saver, Just dump it in the instant pot along with the pasta and skip the saute.
- Other veggies - You can add spinach or kale to this pasta as well. It's always good to sneak in some veggies in pasta.
Other recipes for you
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Boneless, Skinless
- 5 slices Uncooked Bacon crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 lb Penne Pasta uncooked
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 8 oz Cream Cheese 1 block
- 3 cups Water
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Put the instant pot to saute mode. Heat some olive oil in the pot. As the oil shimmers, add the Chicken and Bacon. Saute until they brown.
- Take the Chicken and bacon out. Shred the Chicken using two forks. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, pour water, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch dressing mix, salt & pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Add the uncooked Pasta and Chicken to this sauce. Toss to combine. Cover the lid and cook on high pressure for 4-minutes. Allow the steam to release naturally for 5 minutes. After that, do a quick pressure release.
- Add some more shredded Mozzarella Cheese on top and cover until the cheese melts.
- Finally, open the lid. Garnish with chopped Cilantro and the Bacon bits. Serve immediately.
- You can replace Penne Pasta with Bowtie or Rottini Pasta
- Use Rottiserie Chicken and skip the browning of the chicken in step 1
- You can use precooked Bacon as well.
- You can add some spinach or kale if you like.