Lemon Zucchini Pasta - When zesty Lemons and creamy Parmesan come together with Zucchini and Linguine Pasta, what you have is a platter bursting with Sunny, Bright, and Joyful flavors.
Finally, THE SUMMERS are here! The sun is shining bright and the wind is flowing just right! Fresh Veggies like- Summer Squash, Zucchini, Cucumber, Okra, Peas are flooding the markets.
And, when you hit the market, you cannot help but gravitate towards this fresh produce. Yesterday, I picked up a bunch of Zucchinis and I am all set to make Lemon Zucchini Pasta today. Did you try - Simplest Roasted Zucchini with Spaghetti
So, this is how it went down
Lemony Zucchini Pasta with Heavy Cream and Parmesan Cheese on the menu! So, what I did was, I didn't tell anyone that I am gonna make this today.
I started on my own, sauteing the onions, grating Zucchini. And then towards the end when I was pouring Heavy Cream and adding Parmesan Cheese, my son walks in saying - "It smells delicious in here!" I am like - "You Betcha!"
I added the final touches of garnish and handed him a plate. He was like - "Mom this is so creamy!" I wish I could make a small video and share it with y'all here.
Lemon Zucchini Pasta Ingredients
- Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Grated Zucchini
- Sliced Zucchini
How to Make Lemon Zucchini Pasta
STEP 1: Cook Pasta & Saute veggies
Cook linguine Pasta for 9 minutes or as per package directions until al dente. Drain the water and keep it aside.
In a pan heat some oil. As the oil gets hot, add red pepper flakes, onions, garlic, grated Zucchini, and sliced Zucchini. Saute them for a few minutes.
STEP 2: Season with Salt and Pepper
Season the veggies with Salt and Pepper. Adjust salt and pepper as per your taste.
STEP 3: Pour Heavy Cream
Pour Heavy Cream and stir it in. Heavy Cream will make it sweet and creamy. You can surely replace heavy cream with whole milk or half and half. But, it won't add the required sweetness to your pasta.
STEP 4: Add Cooked Linguine Pasta
Cook Linguine Pasta as per the package directions. Drain the water. And add it to your Pasta. Instead of Linguine, you can also use shells or penne or rigatoni or farfalle (bow-tie pasta). Stir well to combine.
STEP 5: Garnish with Parmesan Cheese and Lime Juice
Once you have cooked your pasta, take it off the heat. Add Parmesan cheese and lime juice. Stir well until the cheese melts and the lime juice adds its zesty, lemony, fragrance into your pasta.
Finally, your Creamy Lemon Zucchini Pasta is ready. Serve it right away with some fresh basil leaves.
Other Possible Variations:
- Ricotta - I can imagine how delicious ricotta would make it taste. Creamy, tarty ricotta with zesty and flavorful lemon is truly amazing.
- Chicken - Want to make it a complete meal, add some cooked chicken.
- Shrimp - Not a fan of Chicken, add some cooked shrimps instead. In fact, Zucchini Pasta with Lemon Garlic Shrimp is a pretty popular recipe.
- Mushrooms -
- Roasted Artichokes - Roasted Artichokes will make an excellent addition to your lemon zucchini pasta.
- Toasted Pine Nuts - Apart from Parmesan Cheese you can add some toasted pine nuts for a nutty taste.
- Spinach - To add some more greens, you can add some fresh or canned baby spinach.
- Olives - Black Olives or Green Olives can also be added to the recipe for a salty taste and texture.
- Sauteed Asparagus - To make it healthier you can saute some Asparagus separately and add it to your pasta.
- Green Peas - Since peas are in the season you can definitely add some green peas to this pasta dish.
- Burrata - For a milky and cheesy taste add some Burrata.
- Whipped Goat Cheese - You can separately make some whipped goat cheese and serve your pasta with this.
Other Zucchini Recipes you can make:
- Baked Zucchini Casserole (KETO)
- KETO Zucchini Meatballs (No Breadcrumbs)
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Thai Lemongrass Coconut Fried Rice With Zucchini
- Keto Quinoa Zucchini Muffins (No Flour, No Sugar, No Oats)
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Lemon Zucchini Pasta Recipe
- 2 lb. Zucchini or Summer Squash
- 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes crushed
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp. Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper adjust as per taste
- 12 oz. Linguine or Spaghetti or any other pasta you like reserve ¼ cup pasta water
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh basil (optional) for garnish
- Cook pasta as per package directions. In a pan heat some oil. Add some red pepper flakes. Into that add chopped onions and minced garlic. Saute for 30-45 seconds on medium-low heat. Now add grated zucchini and sliced zucchini. Saute them for at least 2-minutes on low heat. Season with Salt and Pepper as per taste. Saute for another 1-minute.
- Pour Heavy Cream and stir it in.
- Add cooked linguine pasta and mix well. Pour some of the reserved pasta water. Adjust consistency as per your choice. Take it off the heat.
- Now add some grated Parmesan Cheese and squeeze in some lime juice. Stir well until the cheese melts. Serve with fresh basil.