Shrimp Dip - In one word Tried, true and comforting Creamy, Cheesy heaven!
Just dip your chips or crackers or your favorite veggies and enjoy every bite of this flavorful hors d’oeuvre.
It’s so good you’ll make it time and time again.
Don't settle for store-bought shrimp dip when you can make this easy party dip recipe in less than 15 minutes.
Perfect for Super Bowl Sunday, Christmas or any time you need a quick appetizer for a crowd
Looking for a quick 15-minute appetizer for party?
What If I told you that you can make the most delicious Shrimp appetizer in less than 15-minutes?
Yes! Crazy Simple. ⏳
Yes, this really is the best easy hot shrimp dip.
I’ve tried many shrimp dip recipes over the years and I finally found the one. 🥳
Within just 15-minutes you can easily prepare a quick, creamy, and delicious shrimp dip recipe that is perfect for parties or appetizers. 🎉
Rather, It's a creamy Shrimp Dip that you serve with crackers.
Sounds perfect for Game Day right?
Trust me, this is the only Hot Shrimp Dip recipe you'll ever need.
It's quick, simple, delicious and extremely addicting.
You just can't stop at once.
Gimme More Party Dips to Try
- Warm Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Velveeta Sausage Dip
- Beer Cheese Dip
- Queso Dip
- Nacho Cheese Dip
- Cheesy Jalapeño Cheddar Spice Dip
- Perfect for Super Bowl Sunday, Christmas or any time you need a quick appetizer for a crowd
- What is Shrimp Dip?
- Why You'll Love this recipe?
- Ultimate Family-Friendly Shrimp Appetizer "Perfect for Sharing"
- Shrimp Dip without Cream Cheese
- A Secret Magical Ingredient to make this flavorful hors d’oeuvre 🤫🤐
- Tender, Juicy, Savory Shrimp in the form of a Dip
- How to Make Classic Shrimp Dip from Scratch
- Step 1: Sauté Shrimps
- Step 2: Sauté garlic
- Step 3: Make Creamy Sauce
- Step 4: Top with Mozzarella Cheese & Bake
- Step 5: Bake
- Step 6: Garnish and Serve
- Similar Tasting Recipes
- What to Serve with this Hot Shrimp Dip
- Cooking Variations
- Mistakes you need to avoid
- Top Tips that'll help you Nail it
- How long does Shrimp Dip last in the fridge?
- Can you make this the night before?
- Gimme More Shrimp Recipes
- Recipe card
- Shrimp Dip
What is Shrimp Dip?
What is a Shrimp Dip?
Basically Shrimp dip is a quick and easy appetizer with tiny pink Shrimps.
People love Shrimps as an appetizer.
Shrimp dip is a great choice to serve at a party, as it is simple to make and easy to eat with crackers or bread.
This tasty, Non-Cream Cheese-based Shrimp Dip recipe is one of my favorite.😌❤️
Why You'll Love this recipe?
These are the reasons that will make you go crazy about this dip!
- Succulent Shrimps comes together with creamy cheese.
- Makes in a snap.
- Sure to be a hit.
- Perfect for parties, picnics and tailgating.
- Great appetizer for holidays and anytime you’re craving something hot and savory.
Ultimate Family-Friendly Shrimp Appetizer "Perfect for Sharing"
And, rightly so. But, when it comes to creamy dips, nothing compares to a cheesy Shrimp Dip.
You can also take a look at these 30 Most Popular Shrimp Appetizers
Shrimp Dip without Cream Cheese
Generally the MOST basic recipe for Shrimp Dip uses Cream Cheese.
But, just to give it my own twist I tweaked the traditional ingredient list for Shrimp Dip.
Rather than using Cream Cheese, I used Sour Cream and Mayonnaise.
Along with that I added freshly minced garlic and Dijon Mustard just to bring in that little kick.
A Secret Magical Ingredient to make this flavorful hors d’oeuvre 🤫🤐
I've added a secret ingredient to bring in a NEW flavor to this flavorful hors d’oeuvre.
Well, it's our all time favorite Ranch Seasoning.
Now I am not using any store bought ranch seasoning.
I like to use my Homemade Ranch Seasoning for this recipe.
Tender, Juicy, Savory Shrimp in the form of a Dip
What comes as a surprise is the way Ranch Seasoning adds a new layer of taste to this Shrimp dip which is generally made with Cream Cheese and Mayonnaise.
While testing Shrimp Dip with Cream Cheese, I thought about using Ranch Seasoning and it worked as a charm.
Ranch has a lightly tarty taste and is also packed with taste.
That's the very reason you don't feel like you are missing out on cream cheese.
Wondering what is shrimp dip made of?
Here is the list of ingredients that you will need to make this quick appetizer.
- Raw Shrimp
- Salt and Pepper
- Sour Cream
- Dijon Mustard
- Ranch Seasoning
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
How to Make Classic Shrimp Dip from Scratch
Step 1: Sauté Shrimps
- Melt butter in an oven-safe skillet (preferably a Cast-Iron Skillet).
- Add in tiny Shrimps and sauté just until cooked through.
- Remember that we might end up overcooking shrimps.
- So, cook just until opaque for about 3 minutes.
- If you've been asking yourself what can I use tiny shrimps for? Then this is it.
Step 2: Sauté garlic
- Add in garlic and sauté for 30-seconds or just until fragrant.
Step 3: Make Creamy Sauce
- Add in Salt and Pepper, Sour Cream, Mayonnaise, Dijon Mustard, Ranch Seasoning, and Parmesan Cheese.
- Toss lightly until it forms a creamy sauce.
Step 4: Top with Mozzarella Cheese & Bake
Top with Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
Step 5: Bake
- Bake in a Preheated oven at 350 degrees F.
- Transfer the skillet directly to the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese melts and becomes bubbly on top.
Step 6: Garnish and Serve
- Garnish with freshly chopped green onions or parsley.
- Serve with Crackers.
Similar Tasting Recipes
- Firecracker Shrimp
- Garlic Honey Lime Shrimp
- Spicy New Orleans Shrimp
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
- Shrimp Udon Stir Fry
What to Serve with this Hot Shrimp Dip
You can serve your creamy Hot Shrimp Dip with the following:
- Pita chips
- Celery sticks
- Fresh Bread
- HOT SAUCE - It's the season of Big Game and if you want your dip to be spicy and hot then feel free to add in few teaspoons of Frank's red Hot Sauce.
- CAJUN SEASONING - You can make Hot Louisiana Shrimp Dip with a few teaspoons of Cajun Seasoning. For best results use my Homemade Cajun Seasoning.
- OLD BAY SEASONING - Old Bay Seasoning tastes excellent with Seafood recipes. In this case if you are making Hot Shrimp Dip then you can add a tablespoon of Old bay Seasoning. Use my Homemade Old Bay Seasoning Recipe for best taste.
- GARLIC POWDER - Skip chopping Garlic and use Garlic Powder to save time.
- GREEK YOGURT - In case you don't want to use Sour Cream you can use Greek Yogurt instead.
- SRIRACHA - Want to make Creamy Sriracha Shrimp Dip? Just add a tablespoon of Sriracha while making the creamy shrimp dip and you are all set.
- PEPPER JACK CHEESE - You can use Pepper jack cheese if that's what you like.
Mistakes you need to avoid
- Do not Overcook Shrimps - Overcooking shrimps is the most common mistakes that we often end up making.
- Use enamel coated Cast Iron Skillet or Stainless Steel Skillet - If you use regular cast iron skillet the cast iron gets infused in the dip and it tastes awful.
Top Tips that'll help you Nail it
- TASTE YOUR DIP - No one can better judge than your taste buds. Sometimes adding Cajun seasoning or store bought Ranch seasoning can make your Shrimp Dip a little too salty. So, make sure you taste your dip before serving.
- Cook Shrimps Just until Opaque - This is important. If you are using raw Shrimps like I have used, then make sure that you don't overcook it. Cook just until opaque.
- Use Canned Tiny Shrimps - If you want to cut back on cooking time, then you can use cooked canned tiny Shrimps. They are excellent for appetizer. But, make sure that you drain and rinse it completely.
How long does Shrimp Dip last in the fridge?
If you want to refrigerate your Shrimp Dip then allow it to come down to room temperature.
Transfer it to an airtight container. Cover it tightly with a plastic wrap.
You can refrigerate your shrimp dip for 2-3 days.
I don't recommend freezing the leftovers because the shrimp becomes stale and loses its fresh taste and texture.
Can you make this the night before?
Yes. You can totally make this Garlic Shrimp Dip ahead of time.
Just follow the recipe as is.
Cool it down and store it in an airtight container.
Cover it with a plastic wrap.
Just warm it through in the oven and serve with crackers. make sure you remove the plastic wrap before warming it up in the oven.
Or else, you can follow the recipe as is until adding Mozzarella Cheese.
Store it in an airtight container.
Next morning add freshly shredded Mozzarella Cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 20-minutes or until the cheese is bubbly on top.
If you want the top brown, just turn on the broiler and broil in the center of the oven for 2-3 minutes until the top turns brown.
Gimme More Shrimp Recipes
- (15-min) Honey Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli
- Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta
- Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo
- Shrimp Creole
- Honey Bourbon Shrimp
- Crockpot Shrimp Boil
- 1 lb raw shrimps 21-30 count, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic freshly minced
- Salt and Pepper or as per taste
- 4 oz sour cream
- 8 oz Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1-2 Tablespoon Ranch Seasoning
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese freshly shredded
- chopped green onions or parsley
- crackers or nacho chips or pita chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter in a cast-iron skillet. Add in raw shrimps and sauté 2-minutes per side or just until cooked through.
- In the same pan add in Freshly minced garlic cloves. Toss and cook for 30-45 seconds.
- Season with Salt and Pepper. Toss lightly.
- Add in Sour Cream, Mayonnaise, Dijon Mustard, Ranch Dressing, and Parmesan Cheese.
- Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese. Transfer the skillet to a preheated oven at 350 degrees F. Bake until the cheese melts and is bubbly on top. Garnish with chopped green onions or parsley. Serve with crackers or nachos or pita chips.