Creamy, Lemon-y, and Comforting Shrimp and Rice is a fragrant Lemon Butter Garlic sauce with loads of Parmesan Cheese and chopped Parsley is so delicious. This is one of the easiest Shrimp and Rice recipes ever. This gets ready in just 30-minutes from scratch.
Summers are all about easy peasy and fun recipes. I love to make one-pot recipes for summer. Be it a super quick Cajun Shrimp and Rice or Sausage and Rice or Oven Baked Chicken and Rice or Cajun Chicken Thigh and Rice. They are not only easy but sooo delicious.
But do you know what's even delicious and easy - It's this skillet Lemon Butter Shrimp and Rice.
This is super easy to make and is extremely flavorful.
😋 Lets talk taste
As you dig into this creamy shrimp and rice you get the burst of freshness from the lemon. There is that kick of garlic. Juicy shrimps go so well with rice. The butter adds to the comfort. That's not it. Every time you take a spoon of this, you'll be driven to go for the next spoon within an instant. You'll find layers of taste in every bite.
Shrimp and Rice in Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
Lemon, Garlic, and Butter is the best flavor combination ever. This Lemon Butter Shrimp and Rice makes for an easy meal that gets ready in under 30-minutes.
A bowlful of this Lemon Butter Shrimp and Rice is what everybody loves for dinner. Especially in the summers, anything Lemon seems to be such a huge hit with my boys. 😋
Have you tried my
These are all the ingredients required to make Lemon Butter Shrimp and Rice
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Lemon Juice
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Chopped Parsley
- Basmati Rice
See the recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: Cook the Rice
- Bring a pot of water to boil
- As the water boils, add the rice and cover cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- The ratio of water to rice is 2:1. Which means if you're using 1 cup of Basmati Rice then you should use 2 cups of water to cook it.
NOTE: If you're using Brown Rice or Wild Rice it should take a little longer to cook. Also, if you're using Jasmine Rice then just use 1 cup of water for 1 cup of rice.
STEP 2: Cook the Shrimps
- Heat Butter in a skillet
- As the butter begins to melt, throw in minced garlic and cook until fragrant (for about 1 minute)
- Now, add the Shrimps to the skillet. Add salt and pepper and fry over medium-high heat until they turn pink-ish. Stir occassionally.
STEP 3: Add the rice
Add cream cheese to the skillet and toss until it melts. Add Lemon Juice and Water. Toss the Rice in the same pan. Toss until combined.
STEP 4: Garnish and Serve
Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Remember that it's always great to use leftover rice. If you have leftover rice then you should definitely use it for this recipe. Leftover rice will be a great fit for this recipe.
- Chicken- instead of Shrimp, you can use Chicken Breast chunks
- Salmon - use Canned Salmon to make Lemon Butter Salmon and Rice
- Vegetarian - Use veggies like Mushrooms or Broccoli or Cauliflower or A bag ful of chopped veggies for a Vegetarian version of this recipe.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes while sauteeing the garlic to make it a little spicy.
- Creamy - If you want, you can add 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream along with Cream Cheese for a creamier sauce
- White Wine - For depth of flavors use 1/4 cup of white wine. Add it to the skillet right after sauteeing the garlic and allow it to reduce before you add the lemon juice and cream cheese
- Kid friendly - You can skip white wine with some Cider Vinegar or White Vinegar.
Apart from cooking Lemon Butter Shrimp and Rice in the skillet, you can cook it in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker.
- You can cook the rice in the instant pot
- While the rice gets cooked, saute garlic in a skillet with shrimp, lemon juice, cream cheese and water. Once the shrimps gets cooked, transfer to the instant pot
- Toss with more parmesan cheese and chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Store this Lemon Butter Shrimp and Rice in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. You can refrigerate this for up to a week or freeze this for up to 3 months. Label it and store it in a freezer-friendly container.
Reheat in the oven before you serve this.
- Buy cleaned and deveined shrimps. This will ease your work load and save so much time
- To quickly thaw frozen shrimp, place them in a bowl of hot water and they will thaw within minutes
- Put the rice to cook right at the beginning of cooking so that by the time you are done prepping and cooking the shirmps, your rice is ready to be used
- You can use leftover rice.
- Use fresh Lemon Juice and freshly minced Garlic for this recipe.
OTHER SHRIMP RECIPES TO TRY
- Honey Bourbon Shrimp
- Thai Peanut Lime Shrimp Curry
- Crockpot Shrimp Boil Recipe
- Garlic Honey Lime Shrimp
- Spicy New Orleans Shrimp
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
- Green Curry Shrimp | Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Creamy Thai Coconut Shrimp Curry Recipe
I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it soon. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Lemon Butter Shrimp and Rice
- 1 lbs Shrimps Peeled and Deveined
- 1 cup Basmati Rice cooked
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 7 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 Large Lemon juiced
- 1½ cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- Freshly chopped Parsley for garnish
- Bring a pot of water to boil. As the water boils add the rice and cover cook for 15 minutes over medium-low heat. After the rice gets cooked, fluff it with a fork.
- Heat butter in a skillet. As the butter melts, add the minced garlic and saute until fragrant. Now, add the Shrimps. Add salt and pepper and cook the shrimp for 2-4 minutes. Once it gets pink-ish, add Cream Cheese and water. Allow the cream cheese to melt. Toss until combined. Add lemon juice over it and toss to combine
- Add the cooked rice to the same pan and toss to combine. Add Parmesan cheese and toss to combine.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately