Mummy Brownies are an easy, spooky, freaky, and delectable Halloween treats that I like to make with my kids.👩👧👧
As a busy mom of two, I think there is nothing more easier and inexpensive than baking a batch of brownies.
Be it spooky Halloween Monster Eye Brownies or Halloween Swirl Brownies.
Quick, easy, spooky, and adorably freaky these Mummy Brownies are just what you need for your Halloween Party. Of course you also need these Halloween appetizers for party and these creepy Halloween party food ideas.
Talking about brownies you can try these Decadent Red Velvet Brownies or these Dark Chocolate Coconut Flour Brownies.
👻Easy Halloween Treats
Spook your guests with these freaky mummy brownies. Or serve them some Mummy Pizza Bites or quickly make some Halloween Oreo Mummy Treats.
If not this, then you can make these Halloween Crinkle Cookies or Halloween Pretzel Treats.
Get yourself prepared for the spookiest night of the year with some deliciously creepy halloween food ideas. See these Amazing Halloween Cookies and treats for Kids.
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- candy eyeballs
see the recipe card for quantities.
😋How to make Halloween Mummy Brownies
- Make Brownies
If you are using a brownie mix then you can simply follow the directions to make your rich and fudgy brownie. Or else you can follow any of my other brownie recipe such as Salted Caramel Brownies (skip salted caramel) recipe or super fudgy Nutella Brownies to make a rich, fudgy, and decadent brownies.
- Cool Brownies completely
This is important. You cannot make mummy brownies unless your brownies cools down completely. So, allow them to sit at room temperature until it cools down completely.
- Make Cream Cheese Frosting
In the meantime you can make cream cheese frosting. Just combine ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until smooth. Take it out in a plastic ziplock bag. Snip the edge.
- Pipe in a zig zag motion to make brownies
Pipe it back and forth in a zig-zag motion over your brownies.
- Place candy eyeballs
Place candy eyeballs on each brownies. Allow them to set and then enjoy.
You can make the following variations if you want.
- White chocolate chips - Instead of white chocolate melts you can always use white chocolate chips. But, I personally prefer white chocolate melts because they are easy to melt.
- Brownie Mix - This is not a sponsored post and therefore I am not recommending any brand. So, you can be free and choose your favorite brand here.
- Cut out circles - I have seen so many people do this. You can simply use a circular cookie cutter to cut our circular mummy brownies. But, make sure you cut them out before piping the melted white chocolate.
- You can store these brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- You can also freeze them. If you are planning to freeze them then you can do the piping later once they have been thawed.
- If you can freeze the uncut brownie slab, then there is nothing better than that.
- Or else, wrap them in a plastic wrap and then wrap them once again with a foil.
- Don't bake your brownies until a toothpick comes out clean. Bake until it comes out with few moist crumbs. See this article by fine cooking and learn more on how to check the doneness of brownies.
- Use the right pan to bake your brownies.
- Make sure your oven is preheated appropriately. Although your oven might show it is at 350 degrees F it might not be exactly at that temperature. So, check with an instant read thermometer.
- Make cream cheese frosting using the recipe link provided above.
- If you feel that making cream cheese frosting will be too much of a task, then you can replace it with melted white chocolate melts.
- Be as messy as possible when piping the frosting on your brownies. You want the mummy bandages to look messy without piping on the eyes.
🥘More Favorite Halloween Recipes
- Jack Skellington OREO Cookies
- No Bake Halloween Sugar Wafer Cookies
- Spooky Halloween M&M Cookies
- Halloween Graveyard Cupcakes
- Spooky Halloween Spider Cupcakes
Mummy Brownies - Easy Halloween Treats
- 1 pan baked brownies 8x8 inch pan
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting
- 32 candy eyeballs
- Bake Brownies as per the recipe (or as per package directions if using brownie mix). Allow them to cool down completely.
- Make cream cheese frosting as per the recipe. Take it out in a piping bag. Snip the edge.
- Cut brownies into 12 squares. Go back and forth over each brownie in a zig-zag motion to make them look like spooky mummies.
- Place candy eyeballs on each brownies. Allow them to set and then enjoy!
Ask Me Anything