Spooky Halloween Spider Cupcakes is an easy and fun Halloween Dessert recipe. It's such a cute and exciting Dessert recipe which is the perfect Halloween Treat for Kids! These are actually Chocolate Cupcakes topped with Whipped Cream frosting which is designed to make a spooky spider web!
Spooky Halloween Spider Cupcakes
Halloween season is really the best time of the year! I Love baking spooky yet cute desserts for my Halloween Party! It's always a fun and exciting project. Today, I baked these Spider Web Cupcakes for Halloween. These are not too scary and are actually really cute Cupcakes. My kids are always excited when I'm baking for Halloween. They come with all kinds of weird requests to bake something creative and cool which they can enjoy with their friends.
Spiderweb Cupcakes is one of my kid's favorite Halloween Dessert recipes. This recipe is in fact so easy that many tomes my boys make it themselves!
Every year, we have a family party at home for Halloween. Also, since last year, my kids invite their friends over for a party and we generally leave the house to them and head over to my friend's place for Halloween night! However, baking these cute treats and sharing it with the kids is always fun. I just love baking for Halloween. Be it for school or for the neighborhood kids or just for friends and family at home, it's always so much fun baking these exciting Halloween Cupcakes! My kids are so excited for Halloween, that this year, they asked to me prepare these desserts way ahead of time. I don't like desserts that look too creepy or scary! It's fun as long as it's nonscary and exciting.
How to bake Halloween Spider Cupcakes
To bake Halloween Spider Cupcakes, you start by baking Chocolate Muffins first. You can bake a Double Chocolate Muffin or Just a usual Chocolate Muffin.
So you start by mixing Oil with Sugar After that add some Yogurt and White Vinegar to it and mix well. And then you add the dry ingredients - Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cocoa Powder to it. Finally, add the milk to it. Mix everything well until combined.
Muffin batter should always be lumpy. A Lumpy Muffin batter makes use that your Muffins are baked to perfection.
Next, scoop out the Muffin Batter and place it in the lined Muffin tin. Now, since we do not want Muffin domes right now, so it would be great if you just pour less of the batter in the tins. Also, level the top with a spoon so that you don't really have a dome shape! However, this step is totally optional. You can skip it.
Now bake the muffins at 400F or 220 C for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, reduce the temperature by 100 degrees and bake it again for 5 minutes.
After the Muffins get baked, get it out and cool it completely before you do the frosting. You should always make sure that your Muffins are cooled before you do the frosting. Or else the Frosting will melt all over the Cupcake.
For the Frosting, you can just use some Whipping Cream along with Castor sugar and Vanilla Extract. Whip it up using a handheld mixer until it gets light and fluffy. Now take it all up in a piping bag and pipe it over the Cupcakes.
So to make a spider Pattern, you start by making a Pinwheel Pattern of concentric circles and then use a skewer or toothpick to draw lines around it. This will get you the perfect Spider design for your Cupcakes! 🙂
So, that's how you bake these perfect Spiderweb Cupcakes for Halloween. Isn't this just the cutest cupcakes! Also, they are Non Scary but are so exciting to bake. Have fun baking these Cupcakes for Halloween.
Halloween Spider Cupcakes
- 1 Cup AP Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon White Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Whipped Cream Frosting
- ½ Cup Whipping Cream
- 3 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Mix Vegetable oil with Brown Sugar, Yogurt, Vanilla Extract and Vinegar
- Add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder into it. Also, throw in the cocoa powder and mix well. Add the milk little at a time until you get a lumpy batter ready.
- Bake your Cupcakes at 400F or 220C for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, reduce the temperature by 100 degrees and bake for another 5 minutes. After the cupcakes are baked, allow them to cool in the cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- To make the frosting mix Whipping Cream with Sugar and Vanilla Extract until light and fluffy. Take it all up in a piping bag. Cut the tip and make Pinwheel designs. Use a toothpick to draw lines over it and you'll have a cobweb design ready.
- Do the frosting only when your Cupcakes have completely cooled down
- You can do any alterations in this recipe and bake any other flavored cupcakes as well.