Halloween Oreo Mummy - one of the easiest Halloween treat recipes that you can put together in less than 15-minutes.
Made with Halloween edible candy eyeballs, Oreos, and some cream cheese frosting, this recipe will become insanely popular with the crowd.
Kids love Oreo treats. At least, I am sure that my kids do. And, as we are getting towards the spookiest night of the year - Halloween, I cannot contain my excitement.
By next week, we are gonna start this Halloween Baking challenge in our locality and I am sort of gearing up with these Halloween recipes.
Well, talking about these Halloween Oreo cookies, I cannot think of an easier Halloween treat recipe than this.
If you are planning for a Halloween classroom party or a Halloween party with your friends, then this Mummy Oreo cookies sound like the perfect option.
Imagine how much time and money you will save by making this dessert.
Most people will tell you to use white chocolate. They will tell you to dip your Oreos in white chocolate and then do the frosting.
I thought, let's make it even simpler. After all, why should we make things complicated, when we can easily make it without dipping in white chocolate.
So, what I did was just took Oreos. Got ready with my frosting. Yes - more than most people have used melted white chocolate. But, I thought to give it a different touch. So, I made a cream cheese frosting instead.
How to Make Mummy Oreos?
This recipe is definitely the simplest recipe ever. It just takes three simple steps to make it.
- FIRST - Take out your Oreos on a table.
- SECOND - Make Cream Cheese Frosting. In a medium bowl whisk cream cheese and sugar at high speed and take it out in a piping bag.
- THIRD - Stick the edible candy eyeball on the Oreos and just go like front and back horizontally on the Oreos.
And, your Halloween Oreo Mummy is ready! Wasn't that easy?
Can I use White Chocolate Instead of Cream Cheese Frosting?
Yes definitely. But, make sure you are using a good quality of white chocolate, or else your entire frosting will become a mess.
I personally like Ghirardelli white chocolate. You can also use white candy melts. But, tempering chocolate is quite a task. Make sure you do it perfectly.
Can I make Oreo Pops Instead?
Of course, you can. In fact, I would love that. To be honest, even I tried to do it, but, I later found out that I am out of lollipop sticks. Therefore, I decided to make an Oreo Mummy cookie instead.
But, just a simple lollipop stick would make it an Oreo Mummy Pop.
Other Halloween recipes:
I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it. If you happen to make this recipe, then tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram. Also, find a minute to rate this recipe and comment below.
Halloween OREO Mummy
- 3 Pack OREO Orange Creme Chocolate Sandwich Halloween Cookies
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese
- 2 Cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 Pack Edible Candy Eyeballs
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk cream cheese along with sugar until its thick and gets to the desired consistency.Take it out in a piping bag with the tip trimmed off.
- Place two candy eyes on the OREOS.
- With the help of the piping bag, go front and back horizontally. Leave out the part with eyes. No need to aim for perfection here. Your OREO mummies are ready.
Ask Me Anything