Homemade Red Velvet Brownies, with white chocolate chips are rich, decadent, and fudgy. These are immensely decadent, chocolaty, chewy and rich Brownies bursting with Red Velvet Flavors. ❤️😇
Since its Valentine's Day next week, these would be the perfect dessert for Valentine's Day. Rich and Chocolaty, if you're making just one dessert for Valentine's Day, you cannot go wrong with these Red Velvet Brownies.
I have made them without Cake Mix. But, they are incredibly easy and super-delicious.
They are just like my Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies.❤️❤️
These decadent red velvet brownies are truly the treat of the season.
Red velvet brownies are a classic Southern confection. Decadent red velvet brownies with white chocolate chips provide an extra dose of fudge. Perfect for Christmas, Valentine's day, or just any other day when you're craving chocolate.🤎❤️
I bake this often. Especially when I am craving some rich chocolaty flavors! I quickly bake a batch of these red velvet brownies. And, they get ready in less than 30-minutes.⌚️
It takes about 10-minutes to prepare the brownie batter. And, then it takes another 20-minutes in the oven!😍😍
Finally, I give my brownies, about 10-15 more minutes so that they cool down.
- What is Red Velvet Flavor?
- Fudgy Red Velvet Brownies (without cake mix)
- 🤔 Is Cake Mix same as Brownie Mix?
- 👩🍳 How to Make Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Chips
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- ❤️ More Valentine's Day Recipes
- 🧊 How to store Red Velvet Brownies?
- Other Christmas Recipes:
- 💯 Tips to Bake the Best Red Velvet Brownies
- Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Chips
What is Red Velvet Flavor?
If you haven't tried anything Red Velvet yet? Let this be your Intervention!
Red velvet is not intensely chocolaty just with red food color. NO. Its rather a perfect balance of Vanilla and Chocolate flavor, combined to give that gorgeous Red Color.
Its mostly like a dense Vanilla flavored cake, with slight Chocolate flavor!
Fudgy Red Velvet Brownies (without cake mix)
These adorable Red Velvet Brownies are exceptionally Fudgy with a crinkle top! These Brownies are bursting with Buttery flavors with a perfect balance of Vanilla and Chocolate flavor!
When it comes to brownies, I always avoid box mixes.
I have used a box mix to make my Chocolate Orange Mocha Cake but, I never bake my brownies with a cake mix. There is something so amazing about scratch brownies!
I have even skipped the cream cheese frosting on top! Yes. These are Red Velvet Brownies without Cream Cheese.
Cream Cheese has such a sharp flavor that it overpowers everything else. But, feel free to use my homemade cream cheese frosting recipe and frost your cooled Red Velvet brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting.
🤔 Is Cake Mix same as Brownie Mix?
No. Absolutely NOT.
Both Cake Mix and Brownie mix are totally different. Like poles apart. Although they look totally the same.
Cake needs more leavening agent because cake needs to rise. But, in case of brownies you need less leavening.
So, you cannot use your red velvet cake mix to make these decadent red velvet brownies.
You should always cut your brownie when it has cooled down completely. My trick to cool it down faster is to leave it in a room with AC turned on!
Since these are the winter months, so what I do, is bake my brownies, and keep them in a room.
Turn on the AC. And let it stay for 30-minutes.
Another trick to make sure your brownies have a perfect square shape is to use a plastic or a serrated knife to cut your Red velvet brownies.
And wipe the knife with a kitchen towel in between each cut.
In case you are making it for Christmas, you can add your Cream Cheese frosting and then decorate with Red and Green Holiday Sprinkles.
Or else in case you are making it for Valentine's Day, you can top your cream cheese frosting with Red Heart Candies.
So, let's quickly learn to make the Best Red Velvet Brownies!
👩🍳 How to Make Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Chips
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- First, you gotta melt chocolate. In my case, I used a chocolate bar, because that is what I had at home.
- But, you can use melting chocolate wafers with some butter.
- You can do this step either in an oven at 30-second burst or on a stove top or oven.
- I did it on a stove top because my oven was busy baking something else. But, keep in mind that you cannot take your eyes off it.
- You have to keep stirring it until it's smooth, silky, and creamy!
- Second, Take the chocolate off the pan and into a bowl.
- Combine it with all the other wet ingredients like Eggs, Melted Unsalted Butter, and Granulated Sugar.
- Whisk it using a spatula or wooden spoon You don't have to use a stand mixer or handheld mixer for this step.
- Whisking the Wet ingredients real good makes sure that your Brownies have a crinkle top.
- Third - Sieve the dry ingredients.
- Sieve the Flour, Cocoa Powder and Salt.
- Fourth - Add a few drops of red food color or melt Red Candy Melts with few drops of coconut oil in the oven at 30 seconds bursts and pour this into the brownie batter.
- Throw in the White Chocolate Chips.
- Combine everything using a spatula. Just combine until everything gets mixed and you get that perfect Red Velvet Color.
- Do not overmix or use a stand mixer or handheld mixer for this step.
- Fifth - Finally, pour this brownie batter into a greased and lined baking dish with sides hanging out.
- Bake the Red Velvet Brownies for 20-25 minutes or until the top looks set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool down the brownies for 15-20 minutes and then cut it into even-sized squares.
❤️ More Valentine's Day Recipes
- Strawberry Texas Sheet Cake
- S'mores Brownies
- Pink Velvet Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cups
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookies with White Chocolate Hearts
- Valentine's Day Sugar Cookie Bars with Heart M&Ms
- Valentine's Day Brownies
- Chocolate covered Strawberries
🧊 How to store Red Velvet Brownies?
You can store These Red Velvet Brownies covered with aluminum foil or plastic foil on the counter for 4-5 days or in the freezer for 3 months.
You can store uncut brownies tightly wrapped with aluminum foil and plastic food wrap in the freezer for 3 months.
To store cut pieces, store them in an air-tight container or wrap individual pieces with foil and then store them in a freezer friendly bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Other Christmas Recipes:
- Christmas Sugar Cookie Truffles
- Chocolate Covered Ritz Cracker Cookies with Peanut butter
- Christmas Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles
- Quick Gingerbread Truffles (just 3-ingredients)
💯 Tips to Bake the Best Red Velvet Brownies
- Donot use a lot of Cocoa Powder or else you will have to use a lot of Red Food Color to get the Red Color.
- Donot use Red Velvet Cake Mix to make these brownies
- Whisk the Wet ingredients well before adding the dry ingredients
- Sieve and add the dry ingredients.
- You can use Gluten free flour like Almond Flour or Coconut Flour or Oatmeal flour to make Gluten Free Red Velvet Brownies.
- To make this Vegan use Vegan Butter or Margarine and replace Eggs with Flaxmeal (Ground Flaxseeds and Water, 1 tbsp, each).
So, this is all about these Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Chips. I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it soon.
If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.❤️❤️
Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Chips
- 1 4 Oz Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar roughly chopped
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter 226g (16 Tablespoons) divided
- 3 Large Eggs at room temperature
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar 400g
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ Cup All-Purpose Flour 180g (unbleached)
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder 25g (Unsweetened)
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 1oz Bottle of Red Liquid food coloring or Red Candy melts
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips 170g
Cream Cheese Frosting (optional)
- 1 8 oz packaged cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat Oven - Preheat your oven to 350°F or 180°C and grease a baking dish with cooking spray. Line it with parchment paper with sides hanging out for easy removal
- Melt Chocolate and Butter - Melt chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl at 30-second increment making sure not to cook or burn the chocolate.If melting on a double boiler then add 2-inches of water to a saucepan. Place the saucepan on a stove.Place a shallow heat safe bowl over the saucepan. Bring the water to a boil. Keep chocolate bar and butter in the heat safe bowl. Stir until the chocolate melts and it gets smooth and silky.Take the melted chocolate off and pour into a bowl.
- Whisk in wet Ingredients - Whisk in Eggs one at a time, pure vanilla extract, and Granulated Sugar until blended. Whisk using a wooden spatula. You don't have to use a handheld mixer or stand mixer for this step.
- Sieve the dry ingredients - Sieve Unbleached AP Flour, Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, kosher Salt, baking powder. Mix it in with the wet Ingredients using your spatula.
- Add in Red food color and White Chocolate Chips and stir to combine. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake the Brownies for 25-30 minutes or until the top looks set or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool it down to room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Use a plastic knife to cut them into even-sized squares. Serve.
Make Cream Cheese Frosting (OPTIONAL)
- How to make the perfect cream cheese frosting Frost brownies once they have cooled down completely.