Halloween Graveyard Cupcakes are Dark Chocolate Cupcakes topped with Cocoa Powder and the Tombstone is made with Graham Crackers which is topped with White Chocolate and inscribed with Dark Chocolate. This is a really fun and non-scary Halloween dessert recipe that is perfect for Kids.
Halloween Graveyard Cupcakes
When It's Halloween, I cannot think of anything but these exciting and creative recipes. These cute recipes are what drives me all October long! October desserts are fun when you make it a little spooky and exciting.
These RIP inscribed Tombstone Cupcakes are not only exciting but are so special. Kids will love this creative and interesting recipe for Halloween Party.
Halloween is one festival that I'm always excited about. The Costumes, the decorations, and of course these creative recipes. In fact, I make these creative Halloween desserts all year long just to surprise my kids from time to time! My neighbors too are a fan of my Halloween recipes.
My friends love my recipes o much that they deliberately plan Halloween Party at my place every year so that they can gorge on these creative recipes and also because they know that every year, I try out different and unique Halloween recipes which they are so excited to try out! 🙂
A Quick Video Tutorial
When I first made this Halloween Graveyard Cupcake, I got so excited to see how it turned out. And it turned out better than my expectations. I thought of what to write on these Tombstones and then I thought just a simple, " RIP" would be perfect.
How to make Halloween Graveyard Cupcakes
So, to make these Halloween Graveyard Cupcakes, you start by making a Dark Chocolate Cupcake. This is just your good old Chocolate Cupcakes made with AP Flour, Brown Sugar, Cocoa Powder, and Milk.
For the Mud under my Tombstone, I melted some dark chocolate and topped it with some Cocoa Powder and Graham Cracker Crumbs.
For the Tombstone, I used Graham Crackers. I have cut them into small rectangles and dipped them in melted white chocolate. You can obviously use white candy melt as well. Melting the white chocolate can be tricky. So, you can either melt it in the oven in bursts of 30 seconds or melt it in the skillet over a low flame with some butter. Dip the Graham Crackers in the melted white chocolate and freeze it for 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt some Dark Chocolate and take it in a piping bag. Once the white chocolate has frozen over the Graham Crackers, write "RIP" or "BOO" over your Graham Cracker Tombstones.
Freeze it for 30 minutes and then press it inside the cupcake.
So, that's how you make these Halloween Graveyard Cupcakes. See, I told ya! It's so easy.
When I made these Cupcakes, one thing I noticed was that this is really time-consuming. Especially the frequent freezing can take a lot of time. So, it's always great to make this in advance.
I hope you liked this recipe and shall make this surely for Halloween Party this year. Get the full recipe below.
Halloween Graveyard Cupcakes
- 2 Cup AP Flour
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Butter softened
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Melted Chocolate melted
- 2 sheet Graham Crackers
- ½ Cup White Chocolate melted
Making the Cupcakes
- Mix the Butter and Brown Sugar together until it gets creamy
- Add the dry ingredients - Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cocoa Powder and mix it until it gets lumpy.Add the Vinegar, Yogurt, and Milk and mix everything with a spatula until it gets lumpy.
- Preheat the oven to 400F or 220 C and line a muffin tray with a cupcake. Pour the cupcake batter in the muffin tin and bake the cupcakes for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes reduce the heat by 100Degrees and bake for another 5 minutes. Once baked, allow the muffins to cool down for 5 minutes.
Making the Tombstones
- Cut the Graham Crackers into small rectangles and dip it in white Chocolate. Coat it evenly and freeze it for 45 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate and write, "RIP" or "BOO" using a toothpick or piping bag on these frozen Graham Crackers. Freeze it for 15 minutes.
- Dip the muffin top over the melted dark chocolate and coat it with the dark chocolate evenly. Sprinkle Chocolate Chips and Cocoa Powder over it and freeze it for 15 minutes.
- Push in the " Tombstones" into the " Graveyard". Or push in the frozen and inscribed graham crackers into the chocolate covered and dusted cupcakes. Top with some Halloween sprinkles and M&Ms and chill it for 20-30 minutes until completly set.