Before the summers bid us adieu, it's time to enjoy these creamy, nutty, and delicious Green Goddess Black Bean Burgers. These are healthy Gluten-Free Burgers that are packed with salad, green goddess dressing, and a grilled Black Bean Patty which is so flavorful and delicious. These Healthy Green Goddess Burgers get ready in under 15-minutes from scratch and are super delicious.
The Summers are quickly leaving us. The end of August or the End of Summer really reels me into this series of last-minute Summer recipes. I try to make the best use of all the leftover Zucchini and Fresh Veggies in my fridge, to make space for the fresh fall produce.
This Green Goddess Black Bean Burger is simply my favorite. I like to make it for a quick lunch or a light dinner recipe. Especially during summers, I like to keep dinners simple, easy and light and these burgers come in handy. The best part, kids love this too!
Earlier, I was a little skeptical about making this because I thought my kids would never touch a Burger without Cheese. Well, turns out, I was so wrong! They actually came up to me after dinner and said that Mom, this Green Goddess thing was really good! It just truly made me feel so so so glad to hear that from my tots!
Have you tried my summer favorites?
- The Best Vegan Tuna Salad | Chickpea Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Salmon Salad Sandwich
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Feel-Good Apple Orange Salad With Walnuts and Mint Leaves
- Refreshing Pomegranate Orange Salad
- Deli-style Creamy Classic Macaroni Salad
Green Goddess Dressing
The Green Goddess Dressing is a popular dressing that is used in salads and wraps. It is generally made with Sour Cream, Mayonnaise, and Herbs. I also add some Garlic, Lemon Juice, Salt & Pepper for that burst of herby flavor. The lemon juice actually helps in bringing out the herby taste and texture to this green goddess dressing.
I like to use whatever fresh herbs I have at home.
Traditionally Anchovies are also added to this. However, since I had none so I skipped it. You can use it if you wish to.
I have used freshly chopped Chives, Basil, Parsley, and Tarragon. Also, I have used some Pesto for that awesome Pesto flavor.
You can use Avocado, Spinach, Kale, Sage, and Oregano as well. The herby taste of Green Goddess sauce is what we love the most!
You can learn more about the origin of Green Goddess sauce here.
This Green Goddess dressing is good to store in the refrigerator for at least a week. however, you cannot store it longer than that. Also, it will lose out on its herby taste when stored for long.
Protein-Packed Black Bean Burgers (Gluten Free)
These Protein-packed Black Bean Burgers are super healthy and so delicious. Black Bean Burgers are my favorite. I like the nutty taste of Black Bean Burgers. Also, I have skipped Eggs and Panko here and rather used Rolled Oats. This makes the Burgers rather healthy, gluten-free, fat-free, and are obviously crispy. Try my Vegan Black Bean Quinoa Burgers.
FOR THE GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
- Sour Cream
- Vegan Pesto
FOR THE BURGERS
- Black Beans
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Dried Thyme
- Smoked Paprika
- Ground Cumin
- Lettuce Leaves
- Fresh Tarragon leaves
- Hamburger Buns (gluten free)
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: MAKE THE GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
- Combine all the ingredients to make the Green Goddess dressing in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- You can store this in an ait-tight mason jar in the refrigerator for upto 3-4 weeks and use it for salads or wraps.
STEP 2: MAKE BLACK BEAN PATTIES
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet
- As the oil shimmers, add the chopped onions and garlic and cook until they soften
- Next, add the Black Beans along with the spices. Toss to combine and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Now, turn off the heat and add the rolled oats.
- Toss to combine everything
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out one tablespoon of the mixture.
- Flatten it between your palms and make a disc shape
- Drizzle some oil in the grill pan
- Add the Black Bean Patties to it and grill over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes (both sides)
STEP 3: SERVE THE BURGERS
- Finally, serve the burgers slathered in the Green Goddess Sauce along with a salad of your choice.
You can add pickles or zucchini or cucumber or onion rings over the patty and then add the burger head. You can also, top it off with a salad of your choice.
Hint: I like to serve these burgers as is, without any salad topping because a lot of veggies come in the way of enjoying the creamy taste of Green Goddess dressing along with the nutty Black Bean Patties.
- Lettuce - instead of using ice berg lettuce, you can use Romaine lettuce or Kale or Cabbage or Spinach
- Bun - I liek to use gluten free buns for this recipe. They are healthy choice.
- Non Vegetarian - This is a vegetarian Burger. However, you can replace Black Bean with Ground Beef or Ground Turkey as per your choice.
- Herbs - The Green Goddess dressing can be made with any herbs you have at home. From Basil or Oregano or Parsley to Tarragon to Sage to even Spinach or Pesto, you can use any greens you have at home along with Sour Cream, Mayonnaise and Chives to make this creamy and healthy Green Goddess dressing.
This Green Goddess Black Bean Burger can be made in a million other ways.
- Spicy - You can add red pepper flavors or some cayenne pepper while making the Black Bean Patty
- Salad - add a Salad of your choice or Pickle or Cucumber or Onion and Tomato Rings over in the Burger.
- Mushroom - You can add finely chopped Shitake Mushrooms along with onion and garlic while making the Patties
- Kid friendly - Use Cheetos Crumbs or Crispy Potato Chips crumbs or Dorito Crumbs to coat the Black Bean Burgers and then grill them. That touch of Cheetos is going to make this so appealing to kids.
- Quinoa - You can add ground Quinoa in the Patty mixture to make it protein rich. Have you tried my Vegan Black Bean Quinoa Burgers yet?
You can make the Green Goddess dressing and store it in an air-tight container or a mason jar in the refrigerator. You can store this for up to 3 weeks.
You can also, make the Black Bean Patties in advance and refrigerate them for a week or label and freeze in a freezer-friendly bag for 3 months.
However, remember to thaw them in the refrigerator overnight before use. Do not thaw burger patties on the counter.
This makes for a perfect lunch. However, you can also serve this for dinner along with some side salads like
OTHER HEALTHY SUMMER RECIPES
- Vegan Black Bean Quinoa Burgers in Air-Fryer
- Easy & Quick Low Carb Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Vegan Taquitos - Baked Taquitos
- Shredded Hawaiian Chicken Sliders
- BBQ Chicken in Instant Pot (Pulled Chicken)
Green Goddess Black Bean Burgers
GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
- ¾ CUP Mayonnaise
- ¾ CUP Sour Cream
- ¼ CUP Chives chopped
- ½ CUP Freshly Chopped Parsley
- ½ CUP Tarragon finely chopped
- 4 CLOVES Garlic minced
- ¼ CUP Pesto
BLACK BEAN PATTIES
- 1 CAN Black Bean Drained and Rinsed
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 CUP Rolled Oats
- 1 medium sized Onion finely chopped
- 4-5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- 4 medium sized Hamburger Buns Gluten Free
- Green Lettuce Leaves
- ¼ Tarragon finely chopped
- Blend all the ingredients to make the Green Goddess dressing in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer to an air-tight mason jar and refrigerate until use.
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the chopped Onions and Garlic to the skillet. Cook the onion and garlic until fragrant. Next, add the drained and rinsed Black Beans. Add the spices - Smoked Paprika, Ground Cumin, Dried Thyme, Salt & Pepper. Toss to combine everything and cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the rolled Oats and toss to combine everything. Allow the mixture to cool down. Use a tablespoon to scoop out one tablespoon of the mixture. Flatten it between your palms to make a disc.
- Drizzle olive oil in the grill pan. Add the Patties and grill on both sides for 4-5 minutes.
- Assemble The Burgers. Start by toasting the Hamburger buns on the stovetop. Add the creamy Green Goddess dressing followed by Lettuce leaf, Black Bean Patty, Salad of your choice of freshly chopped Tarragon leaves, some more green Goddess dressing, and top off with the burger head. Serve immediately