Summer Potato Salad is made with Sweet Corn, Cucumber, Red Onions, Tomatoes, and Green Bell Pepper. A dressing of Sour Cream, Mayonnaise, and Vinegar is drizzled on top and the salad is topped with some freshly chopped cilantro leaves and lemon juice.
The summer months are finally here. In these hot months, it's quite natural that your appetite will go haywire. Is the hot weather taking a toll on your daily diet? Then what you need are some healthy salad recipes which will help improve your appetite and make your diet healthier.
The Hot Summer months might make it too difficult to cook indoors, so a bowl of salad will help you toss your worries aside and enjoy a filling and cooling meal, which you can make in no time.
It might be hot inside, but summer brings in a plethora of veggies options, which are so healthy. Summer Potato Salad will help you take advantage of all the leftover veggies in your fridge and use them up to make a quick bowl of salad for yourself.
This Summer Potato Salad takes advantage of the colorful summer produce. From Green Bell Pepper to Cucumbers to Potatoes to Tomatoes to Red Onions, to some Sweet Corn Kernels, these are all healthy vegetables that are perfect for a summer salad recipe.
You can use any kind of Potato you have at home for this salad. However, first, you will have to boil them. For that, just half the potatoes and toss them in a bowl full of water. Microwave it in full power for 5-7 minutes and then you'll see your Potatoes are done and ready for use.
Have a Quick Look at the video for Summer Potato Salad
The dressing is so easy and simple. Just use some Sour Cream along with some White Wine Vinegar and Mayonnaise. Season it with some salt and pepper and you're done.
Drizzle the dressing over your salad and mix it well.
Top your salad with some freshly squeezed lemon juice and chopped cilantro leaves and serve.
Other variations to this salad
There are so many interesting variations which you can do to this salad
- You can use sweet potatoes if you can find them. They add a wonderful sweetness to this salad
- You can add some Zucchini to this salad. Zucchini is one of the best summer veggies and is so healthy. You can cut the Zucchini into chunks and use it in your salad.
- You can add some chopped Avocado into this salad.
- You can add some bacon to the dressing as well.
The Summer season makes it very difficult to cook indoors. So, I prefer to stick to these salads. These are supremely filling and makes for a wholesome lunch recipe. Also, these salads are a wonderful side with grilled Meat or Veggies. So, whenever, I am having a barbeque night at home, this creamy Potato salad is one of my go-to options. This salad goes perfect with steaks, grilled meat, or grilled veggies.
Summers are a great time of the year and I strongly believe that if you want to stay healthy and happy, you will have to enjoy the summers of your life 🙂 So, do not restrict yourself to your regular routine or keep yourself busy in the kitchen cooking for long hours. Make these salads for your meals which are really filling and I assure you no one will complain about it. Pair it with some grilled food and you have a healthy and nutritious summer meal ready for the family. I hope you liked this recipe. Please tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram if you happen to make this recipe
Summer Potato Salad
- 1 medium Cucumber chopped
- 2 medium-sized Potatoes cut in rounds
- 1 medium Red Onions Half-moon chopped
- 2 medium Tomatoes diced
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 cup Sweet Corn frozen
- 2 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoon Veg Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper freshly grounded
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup Cilantro chopped
- In a bowl add the chopped veggies - Cucumber, Red Onions, Tomatoes, Green Bell Pepper, Sweet Corn Kernels.
- In a mixing bowl add Sour Cream, Mayonnaise, White Wine Vinegar, Salt, and Pepper. Mix everything well and drizzle over the salad
- Top the salad with some lemon juice and freshly chopped cilantro.