Fresh and Healthy Apple Orange Salad Topped With Walnuts and Mint Leaves is one of the best fall and winter salad recipes. This refreshing bowl of salad is a perfect accompaniment to other fall and winter dinner recipes which tends to be heavy and rich in spices. This bowl of salad will give the dose of refreshment to your palate.😍😍
Apples and Oranges are really two superfruits which make for amazing salads. I love making salads. I think it's easy to make and is the perfect side dish. Especially around Fall and Winters, when I tend to cook a little heavier and comforting meals, this Salad works as the perfect refreshment.🥰😍😍😍
A QUICK VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR YOU 🙂
I have made this Salad for years. Especially during Thanksgiving, I make this Salad and everyone loves it. As my son says - this is the perfect anti-palate to Thanksgiving food. Also, obviously I make it with Pecan nuts during Thanksgiving. This is made with Walnuts. Although I must tell you, this tastes equally great with Walnuts as well. For Christmas dinner, I have the same recipe except for some Cranberries.
Also read: Orange Pomegranate Salad
Isn't this just perfect? I'm sure you too must have some recipes like these up your sleeve, which you know so well, that you can make it with any alternations and every time it turns out so good!😋😋
I first made this Apple Orange Salad for lunch one morning and my husband loved it! I tried it and I loved it too.
He told me to add some sweetness and I added some Honey to it and it tastes even better. ❤️❤️
When I gave it to my kids, they loved it and my elder one suggested to add some Cinnamon to it, I did that too and it tasted even better! :)😇😇
So, that's how this recipe has evolved over the years. There are so many alternations to this basic Apple Orange Salad! However, first, let's get this recipe straight for you :)😍😊😊😊
Here are the steps 👩🍳
- First, make the salad dressing. Mix orange juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, Ground Cinnamon, and sweet paprika in a bowl or jar. Add olive oil and shake the jar well.
- Next in a separate bowl, add the chopped Apples, Oranges, Walnuts, Mint leaves, and top with the dressing and toss everything well.
Serve with some more Mint Leaves on top.😍😍😍
And that's it! Isn't it so easy 🙂 Told ya😇🤩🤩🤩🤩
Other variations to this recipe🤔
- You can add Pecan Nuts in place of Walnuts.
- You can add some Cinnamon to spice up your Salad
- You can add Cranberries to make this a Christmas Salad
- You can also add fennel to this Salad recipe.
- You can add more honey to sweeten your Salad as per your taste.
Salads like these are so amazing that it fits perfectly on any dinner menu. Be it any festival dinner or special family occasions or parties at home.
A big bowl of this Salad will not get your guests to go back home hungry and also, you'll have this Salad ready in no time.
Although, I strongly suggest not making this Salad in advance and store it. I think one of the best things about this Apple Orange Salad is its freshness. And with cold and soggy fruits, it won't be fun at all. 😍😍😍
So, consider making this salad right before you are about to serve it. So, that's how you make a really easy Salad recipe which everyone will love and enjoy! It'll be that perfect companion to a huge spread. 😍
So, make this salad recipe and tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram if you happen to make this recipe. I so look forward to your recipes 🥰🥰
Connect with me!
Connect with me on my Facebook handles. Be sure to follow me so that you can see what Recipe Magik is up to every day. Also, feel free to ask me any questions, share and comment on my posts there 🙂
Also, connect with me on Instagram and tag with #recipemagik if you are making any recipe from this website so that I can have a look at those amazing recipes you are making from my website 🙂
Apple Orange Salad
- ½ Cup Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Honey or Maple syrup
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Pinch Ground Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Apples chopped (about 3 large apples)
- 1 Cup Oranges chopped (about 2 large)
- ½ Cup Walnuts or any nuts you like
- ½ cup Mint Leaves chopped
- In a mixing bowl, add all the dressing ingredients. Top with Olive oil and mix well
- In a separate bowl add the Apples, Oranges, Walnuts, Mint Leaves, and top with dressing on top.
- You can replace walnuts with Pecans
- You can add Cinnamon to spice your Salad
- You can add some Fennel in your Salad as well