Vegan Black Bean Quinoa Burgers in Air-Fryer Recipe is something that you would love to make. It is one of the easiest dinner recipes that you can make in less than an hour.
The black bean and quinoa patty with Mushrooms is made in air-fryer. So, you get to save yourself from so many unhealthy calories. Quinoa is a super grain that has so many nutrities in it. Most importantly it is loaded with fiber. Similarly, Black Bean is rich in fiber, protein, and antioxidants. Moreover, I have made it Vegan & Plant-based by using Vegan Cheese slices.
These days I have been making so many recipes in my Air-Fryer. It is totally something that you should invest in if you haven't already. You get to save yourself from so many Calories. Talking about Air-Fryer have you tried my - Air-fried Donuts WITHOUT Yeast or my Air-fryer Cauliflower Wings that uses ZERO OIL or my Crispiest Air-Fryer Chicken Parmesan (ZERO OIL) yet?
These Burgers are so delicious. In fact, they are a total meal in itself. They are so filling. Thanks to the fiber & protein content these Burgers are totally something that you can have for dinner.
In fact, I enjoy this as my late night snack as well. And, contary to the popular belief where people think that late night snacks are unhealthy, this is not. In fact, this is so healthy.
If you are on a diet then this Vegan Quinoa Black Bean Burger will be something that will keep you feeling full without making you worry about the Calories.
I am not on a diet, and neither I am thinking about going on a diet. But, If I ever do, this Black bean Quinoa burger would surely be on my list at least twice a week.
Last week, while scrolling through Instagram, I came across this beautiful quote that said - "You are what you Eat". And, that quote resonates with me so so so much. I just can't seem to get it out of my head. These whole grains, these plant based food items are making me feel so good about myself.
Ingredients You Need to Make Black Bean Quinoa Burger:
- Quinoa: Of course, Quinoa is that star of the show in this recipe.
- Black Beans: In this recipe, I have soaked, rinsed, and then drained the Black beans before use. You can use canned Black Beans as well.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms adds to the nutrition content of the Burger and makes it even healthier.
- Spices: In this recipe, I have used Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Smoked Paprika, Black Pepper, Powder, Dried Crushed Oregano, and Salt.
- Panko Breadcrumbs: Panko Breadcrumbs are low in sodium content and they are also dairy-free. Panko helps create a beautiful texture for our Black Bean Quinoa Patties.
- Avocado Oil: Lastly, I have used Avocado oil for brushing my Patties before poping them in the Air-Fryer. Avocado oil has high smoke point and therefore it is so good when you have to brush some non-fat food item before cooking them in your Air-Fryer.
- Onion Rings, Tomato Slices, Lettuce Leaves, Vegan Cheese Slices, Tomato Ketchup, Mustard Sauce and of course our Plant Based Burger Buns.
How to Make Vegan Black Bean Quinoa Burger in Air-Fryer?
- Cook Quinoa: The first step is to wash and rinse your quinoa in a strainer. Then toast it lightly on low heat. Finally cover-cook it for about 10-minutes with some water.
- Cook Mushrooms and Black Beans: Now add black beans and chopped mushrooms. Stir them for about a minute.
- Add Spices: Now add the spices and stir well. Stir well and allow some time for the spices to get cooked completely.
- Make a Paste: Now make place this mixture in a food processor or a blender and blend it until smooth and looks like a paste.
- Toast Burger Buns: I prefer toasting my burger buns slightly before using them. So, rather than doing that on the skillet or oven, I used my Air-Fryer for that purpose. All I did was just toast one side (without oil) in the Air-Fryer for 4-minutes at 400F OR 200C.
- Combine it with Breadcrumbs: Mix breadcrumbs with your filling paste. And Make small black bean quinoa patties. Finally coat it with Panko breadcrumbs all over again so that it gets a beautiful crispy coating on the outside.
- Cook in Air-Fryer: Finally brush some Avocado oil on the patties and cook both side at 400F or 200C for 10-minutes. If your Air-Fryer needs to be preheated then please preheat your Air-Fryer at the given temperature. Also, do not put all Patties at once. Leave some space in the Air-Fryer for Air-Flow.
- The Assembly: Finally, we come to the most exciting part of this Black Bean Quinoa Burger. Keep your Plant Based Burger Buns in the bottom. Add some Tomato Ketchup, Lettuce Leaf, one Quinoa Black Bean Air-fried Patty, followed by a vegan cheese slice, then another patty, mustard sauce, lettuce leaf, onion rings, tomato slices and the top of the bun. Fix it with a toothpick and serve.
Tips to Make this Quinoa Black Bean Burger Effectively:
- Rinse Quinoa: Don't forget about rinsing quinoa. Quinoa has a bitter outer coating which is called saponin. When you rinse your quinoa you actually wash off that saponin and thus remove that bitter outer coating.
- Double Coating in Breadcrumbs: I like to coat my patties in breadcrumbs all over again before cooking it in the Air-Fryer. This helps them get a beautiful crispy coating.
- Brush Avocado Oil: Do not use your Non-stick cooking spray in the Air-fryer. It has chemicals that will damage your Air-Fryer's Non-stick coating.
- Do not Overcrowd Air-Fryer: Air fryer works with the flow of air. So, its super-important that you DO NOT overcrowd your Air-Fryer. You can cook them in batches.
Other Black Bean Recipes:
- Vegan Black Bean Enchilada Soup
- Black Bean Pasta Casserole
- Vegetarian Sweet Potato Chili with Black Beans
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Take a snap and share it on Instagram. Tag me @recipemagik and hashtag it #recipemagik.
Vegan Black Bean Quinoa Burger in Air-Fryer
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 2 Cup Water
- 15 Oz Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup Chopped Mushrooms
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Dried and Crushed Oregano
- Salt as per taste
- 1 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Avocado Oil to brush the patties
- Plant-Based Vegan Burger Bun, Tomato Ketchup, Lettuce Leaves, vegan cheese slice, Mustard Sauce, Onion rings, sliced tomato for layering the burger (I used Heinz Tomato Ketchup)
- First, wash quinoa and strain the water. Now, place it in a pan over medium-low heat and toast it lightly for about 2-minutes. Now add some water, stir well, and cover cook for at least 10-minutes.
- Now stir well and add black beans and chopped mushrooms.
- Now add spices. Add onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, Black Pepper Powder, Oregano, and Salt. Stir well and cook until combined. Once cooked, take it off the heat. And, allow it to cool down completely.
- In the meantime, cut the burger buns from the center and toast one side at 200C or 400F for 4-minutes. Do not overcrowd the air-fryer. Do it in batches. There is no need to grease the buns with oil or butter.
- Now take it on a blender or food processor until it forms a smooth paste. Now take it out on a plate and add panko breadcrumbs. Combine well.Make Small patties with your hands. It is easier to adjust the consistency with hands.
- Now coat your patties in panko breadcrumbs all over again so that it gets a second layer of coating and place them in an air-fryer.
- Finally, brush oil on both sides of the patties and cook it in your air-fryer for 10-minutes at 400F or 200C. If your Air-Fryer needs to be preheated you can preheat it.Once done, flip it over and cook the other side for another 10-minutes.
- Once the patties are done, make the burger.Start with the base of the bun. Add tomato ketchup, lettuce leaf, bean patties, vegan cheese slice, another pattie, mustard sauce, lettuce leaf, onion rings, sliced tomato, and the final bun. Finish it off with a toothpick inserted at the center.
So delicious... Made theem yesterday and it was so good.