Cinnamon Sugar donuts in Air Fryer without Yeast. Isn't this a dream come true? I am sure you must be thinking what are the 4-ingredients that I have mentioned in the title? Well, all you need is Self-Raising Flour, Granulated Sugar, Baking Soda, and Yogurt. I also love these Blueberry Donuts in Air Fryer (without Yeast) & these Air Fryer Bagels
Air-Fryer donuts taste simply the best. In fact, I love them more than my deep fried chocolate donuts.
Air-Fryer is such a fabulous tool to have in your kitchen. You can make so many things in your Air-fryer. Yesterday I tried making Cauliflower wings and they came out like perfection. The other day I made fried chicken and they tasted so damn good.
I am seriously falling in love with my New Air-Fryer. I am using my Phillips Air Fryer of 1400 watts and it is so good. There are so many things I LOVE about making these donuts in my Air-Fryer.
🍩 Why You'll Love these Air-Fryer Donuts?
- It takes so little time. I had to cook it in my air-fryer at 400F for 6-minutes. Then I flipped it over and cooked for another 4-minutes at that same temp. It was beautifully done.
- It uses almost negligible oil. The only oil that you need is for brushing it on your donuts.
- The Cinnamon Sugar glaze. I just love the cinnamon sugar glaze for my donuts. You can add chocolate glaze as well, but I just love cinnamon-sugar glaze. It makes it taste so good.
- The Softness: These donuts came out completely cooked and incredibly soft.
- The Balance of Flavors: I love a dish that has a balanced taste. As you bite into this air-fried donut you feel a perfect balance of flavor. The sourness of donuts, the sweetness of sugar, and on top of that the beautiful cinnamon sugar topping create a beautiful balance of flavors that is just so wonderful.
👩🍳 How To Make Cinnamon Sugar Donuts in Air-Fryer?
- Just make a dough using self-raising flour, baking soda, sugar, and Yogurt. I also like to add a pinch of salt just so that it holds the shape. Although it is totally optional.
- Now grease your palm with some oil or butter and cut out a small ball from the dough. Roll it lengthwise and sort of elongate it on the table.
- This is the easiest way you can make a donut. Just shape it in the form of a circle leaving some gap in the center and your donut is ready. Easy right? I love this technique of making donuts.
- You can also use a donut cutter or a cookie cutter to cut out donut shapes. But, I figured that they will make your donuts really thin. And, I love big, fat, fluffy donuts.
- Grease the Donuts with some melted butter or oil. When using oil choose an oil with a higher smoke point such as Avocado oil. Place the donuts with the greased side down and grease the other side as well.
- If your air-fryer needs to be preheated then preheat it at 400F or 200C. Or else just pop it in your air-fryer and allow it to cook for 6-minutes.
- After 6-minutes they'll be almost done. Now, I like to take them out and flip them over. This step is so important. Flip them over and grease the other side with butter or oil. And, then cook it in an Air-Fryer for 4-5 minutes at 400F or 200C.
- Now make the cinnamon sugar glaze by combining 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar and 1 tablespoon of Ground Cinnamon.
- Once done, dip them in butter and then in cinnamon sugar. Your Air-Fried Donuts are absolutely ready.
🔖 Other Glaze that you can make:
- Sugar Glaze: You can combine 1 Cup of Granulated Sugar with 2 Tablespoons of milk. Stir well and you'll have a beautiful sugar glaze. Also, add some vanilla extract for that beautiful fragrance.
- Chocolate Glaze: You can make a chocolate glaze by adding 2-3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder into this sugar glaze. Stir well and dip your Air-Fried donuts halfway into the glaze. Don't forget the vanilla extract to give it a beautiful fragrance.
- Maple Glaze: Instead of sugar you can add maple syrup along with milk and vanilla extract to make your very own maple glaze.
Lastly, you can add some nonpareils or sprinkles to give it a festive sort of look. In this recipe, the cinnamon sugar works really well for me.
💯 Tips to Make the Perfect Air-Fried Donuts from Scratch:
- Do Not Crowd the Air-fryer Basket: Air-Fryer works on Air-flow. So you gotta leave some space for the air to flow in your air-fryer. Therefore, my #1 tip would be to not crowd your air-fryer basket.
- Do Not Use Cookie Cutter: A cookie-cutter would make your donuts really thin. And, Donuts doesn't look like donuts if they don't look fluffy and fat. So, my #2 tip would be to not use a cookie-cutter at all. You can see the video and learn how to shape them in the form of a Donut.
- Do Not Spray Cooking Spray in Air-Fryer Basket: Cooking spray has got chemicals that are not good for the non-stick coating in your Air-Fryer basket. You can use a brush as I did and brush oil or butter on your donuts. Or else. take a sprayer. Pour some oil into it. (Choose an Oil with High Smoke Point - such as Avocado Oil) and then spray that onto your donuts. But don't go overboard. It's an Air-Fryer it doesn't need much oil. But, just enough to get it beautifully golden brown.
- Do Not Over-knead the Dough: A Donut dough should never be over kneaded. Just knead it casually and lightly until everything is combined.
You need to store these donuts in an airtight box at room temperature. Do Not refrigerate or freeze donuts as doing so creates a moist environment and moistens the Donuts.
🥗 Other Air-Fryer Recipes you can try:
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges with Taco Seasoning
- Air-Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Parmesan Zucchini Fries in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- [2-Ingredient] Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
- Crispiest Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan (ZERO OIL)
- Crispiest Air Fryer Southern Fried Chicken Recipe with Buttermilk
If you are making this recipe then please leave a rating below. Also, share your image with #recipemagik and tag me @recipemagik.
Donuts in Air-Fryer (No Yeast) | Just 4-ingredients
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- ½ cup Yogurt
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ cup Melted Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- To make the dough, combine self-raising flour with yogurt, sugar, salt & baking soda in a bowl. Make. soft dough. If the dough is too wet, add more flour and knead well. If the dough is too dry, add some more Yogurt and knead well until combined and gets non-sticky.
- Cut out a small ball from the dough. Roll it on the table and elongate it. Then join the ends to make a ring. (Watch the video for a visual)
- Brush oil on the Donuts. Put the oil side down in the Air Fryer basket. Brush the other side with oil as well. Pop it in the Air Fryer to get cooked for 6-7 minutes at 200C or 400F. After 6 minutes, get it out, and flip the donuts. Brush the top side with oil and pop it back in the air fryer for 4 minutes at 200C or 400F.
- Make Cinnamon Sugar by combing 1/2 cup of Granulated sugar with 1 tablespoon of Ground Cinnamon. Dip the Donuts in melted butter and coat them with Cinnamon Sugar. Serve!