Fluffy and Soft Blueberry Donuts with Lemon Zest and Blueberry glaze on top are made in the air fryer. These healthy Air Fryer Donuts without Yeast are extremely delicious and also so easy to make. A summer favorite Donut recipe that gets ready in just 10-minutes in the Air Fryer. Bursting with Lemon and Blueberry flavors in every bite this one is a perfect summer treat!
Air Fryer Donuts are seriously the best. These are healthy and tastes so good. Just as fluffy and soft as Baked or Fried Donuts.
I just love the addition of Blueberries in these Donuts. Makes them taste so berriful and perfect for summer! When they grow bountiful during June and July I cannot help but make so many amazing Blueberry recipes. Have you tried my Blueberry Chamomile Swirl Cheesecake Bars or The Best Mini Blueberry Cheesecake or Best Homemade Blueberry Pie or Blueberry Cream Cheese Hand Pies or Blueberry Pie Cups with Meringue or Blueberry Crumb Cake - Summer Breakfast Blueberry Coffee Cake or Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze or Lemon Blueberry Scones or Classic Southern Blueberry Muffins or Blueberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies or Summer No Bake Berry Lasagna Dessert
Air Fryer is the best equipment which I have in my Kitchen. Not only is it useful, but it makes for such amazing recipes. Air Fryer Recipes are not only delicious and crispy but so healthy. It actually gets the fat out of your food while cooking! Isn't that just fantastic!! Have you tried my Air Fryer Bagels?
🫐 🍩 The Best Summer Air Fryer Donuts
- Soft and Fluffy Donuts
- Donuts without Oil
- Gets ready in just 10-minutes
- The gorgeous Blueberry Glaze
- Blueberry and Lemon Flavors is Outstanding
- Self Raising Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Kosher Salt
- Baking Powder
- Unsalted Butter
- Blueberries fresh or frozen
- Lemon Juice
For the glaze
- Lemon Zest
- Heavy Cream
- Granulated Sugar
👩🍳 How to make Blueberry Donuts
STEP 1: Make the Dough
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, to make the Donut Dough. Stir in the Blueberries and make the dough.
STEP 2: Make the Donuts
There are several ways to make Donuts
- Either roll out a portion of the dough lenghtwise and then join the ends to make a donut.
- Or, roll the Donut Dough and use a Donut cutter or cookie cutter of two different sizes to cut out the Donuts.
- If you are bakign these donuts then pour the filling in the greased Donut Baking Pan
- If you donot have a donut baking pan, use an inverted muffin tin to bake the donuts.
STEP 3: Air Fry the Donuts
- Place the Donuts in the Air Fryer
- Donot crowd the Air Fryer Basket. Keep some space between each Donut for air circulation.
- Brush butter over the Donuts
- Air fry @350F for 10 minutes
- If you're baking these then bake @350F for 10 minutes.
STEP 4: Make the Glaze
- Now, to make the glaze in a bowl combine Blueberries with Granulated Sugar and Heavy Cream.
- You can beat it using a handheld mixer or easier just throw everything in the food processor and pulse for 1 minute so as to combine everything.
- After the Donuts get baked, allow them to cool down on a wire rack and then pour the glaze over them
- Decorate with some fresh of frozen Blueberries and some Lemon Zest
- Serve immediately!
The fun of making Donuts lies in the gorgeous glaze. The color, the silky smooth texture, and of course the taste! So much fun.
You can make any glaze you love for these Donuts
Lemon Glaze - Combine Lemon Juice with Granulated sugar. Glaze the donuts and decorate with lemon zest
Blueberry - You can use Blueberry Pie filling to glaze over the Donuts.
White Chocolate - Drizzle melted white chocolate over the glazed donuts
Nuts - Decorate the Donuts with chopped Pistachios for a fun twist of taste and color.
You can also add some Nonpareils or Sprinkles to decorate the Donuts. It gives a holiday look to these Donuts and looks so good.
Self Raising Flour - You can replace Self Raising Flour with AP Flour along with the leavening agents like Baking Soda or Baking Powder.
Yogurt - You can replace Greek Yogurt with Buttermilk or Sour Cream to make the Donut Dough
🍩 Baked Blueberry Donuts
- To bake these Blueberry Donuts, simply transfer the donut batter in a donut baking pan or use an inverted muffin tin to bake the donuts
- Bake the Donuts @350F for 10 minutes.
- Glaze and Serve.
💯 Tips to make the best Blueberry Donuts
- Donot overcrowd the Basket - Keep some space between each donuts in the air fryer for air circulation. The hot air will allow the donuts to get baked quickly.
- Donot overknead the Dough - You donot need to overknead the Dough. Just mix until combined. You can also make the dough in a dough maker or stand mixer.
- Donot use cooking spray - This is the most common mistake while cooking in the Air Fryer. Donot use a cooking spray to grease the basket. Cooking spray has harmful chemicals which will harm your Air Fryer. Just brush the Donuts with butter and then bake in the air fryer.
You can store these Blueberry Donuts in an air-tight box at room temperature. Do not refrigerate or freeze donuts as it creates a moist environment which makes the Donuts go bad!
🥗 Other Air Fryer Recipes to try
- Crispy Honey Sesame Shrimp in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Firecracker Shrimp
- Orange Tofu (in Air Fryer)
- Coconut Shrimps in Air fryer with Pineapple Chili Sauce
- BBQ Pineapple Chicken Kabobs - Oven / Air Fryer / Grill
- Air Fryer Bagels
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Sesame Cauliflower in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
Blueberry Donuts in Air Fryer
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- ½ cup Yogurt
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
for the glaze
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 2 tablespoon Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine Self Raising Flour, Baking Powder, Kosher Salt, Granulated Sugar, and Lemon Juice. Combine everything to make a dough. Gradually stir in the Blueberries with the Dough.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the dough and roll it between your palms and elongate it lengthwise. As you elongate the dough, join the ends to make a ring-like shape that resembles a donut. Alternatively, you can roll the donut dough to about 1-inch thickness and use a donut cutter or two different sized ( 1 large and 1 small) cookie cutter to cut out the Donuts.
- Place the Donuts in the Air Fryer basket. Brush Butter on top of the donuts. Cook @350F or 180C for 10-minutes.
- Combine Granulated Sugar, Blueberries, and Heavy Cream in a bowl. If you are using Fresh Blueberries, then blend them along with sugar and heavy cream in the food processor and then glaze over the donuts.
- Garnish the Blueberry Donuts with lemon zest and serve.