Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes are definitely gonna go up to your list of best side dishes. Crispy, fried Potatoes seasoned with garlic, butter, chili flakes, and Parsley these Hasselback potatoes definitely need a special place in your life.
Air Fryer Recipes are always something that I look forward to. Just like these Air Fryer Potato Wedges or Sweet Potato Fries.
Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
It's creamy, cheesy, and just like a baked potato on the inside and Crispy, Crunchy, and fabulous on the outside. When you bite in you feel the crunch of the outer coating and it feels like having potato chips. But, when you dig in you go into the creamy part which is packed with goodness.
If you need a spud recipe with roasted chicken or turkey that can easily be qualified as a party menu then you gotta go with these Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes. Needs way less time than it would've taken in an oven and is way tastier.
Especially on occasions like Christmas or Thanksgiving, these garlic butter potatoes would easily become a huge hit.
Ingredients for Cheesy Garlic Butter Potatoes:
These are the ingredients that you'll need to make these cheesy garlic butter potatoes
- Potatoes: About 4 russet potatoes
- Butter: The buttery mixture is what you'll love about this recipe.
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Oregano, Chili Flakes: The seasoning to make your Hasselback potatoes even tastier.
- Cheese Slices: Few slices of cheddar cheese to bring that cheesy deliciousness in your potatoes.
What are Hasselback Potatoes?
- The name Hasselback comes from a restaurant named Hasselbacken in Stockholm Sweeden. This is the place where Hasselback Potatoes were first made and served.
- So, basically, Hasselback Potatoes are potatoes that are thinly cut on the outside while the bottom part of the skin is absolutely intact. It is coated in butter and air fried until crispy.
- Generally, it is baked in the oven. But, Air Fryer works so well. It helps you save so much time that you would have had to invest in an oven.
How to Cut Hasselback Potatoes?
Hasselback potato is a recipe that is primarily based on its looks. And, for that, you need to cut the potatoes perfectly. Here are few ways to cut Hasselback Potatoes perfectly.
- Hasselback Cutter: An Hasselback cutter is the best tool that you can use to cut potatoes. But, I don't want to pay so much for just one recipe. So, I decided to use the second method.
- Sharp Knife: Instead of a Hasselback cutter you can use a sharp knife to cut your potatoes. Just make sure you do not cut all the way to the bottom.
- Spoon: Either a wooden spoon or a stainless steel spoon will work for this recipe. All you have to do is place your potato on the spoon and then the knife will stop on the edges. That way you won't have your knife cutting all the way down.
How to Make Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes?
Trust me these are gonna be the best side dish that you've ever had.
- Wash & Scrub Potatoes: The first step of the recipe is to wash and scrub potatoes. Make sure they are clean.
- Slice Potatoes: Coming to the most important part - slicing the potatoes. Make sure you cut thin slices. The slices should be about 1/8 inch or 1/4 inch.
- Make Butter Mixture: In a bowl combine melted butter, minced garlic, oregano, chili flakes, salt, pepper.
- Baste: Place the potatoes in the bottom of your air fryer basket. Brush the butter mixture on the potatoes.
- Bake: Cook your potatoes in an Air Fryer at 350F for 15-minutes
- Add Cheese: Now add cheese and bake in an Air fryer at 350F for 5-6 minutes or until cheese melts.
What Kind of Potatoes Should I Use?
Potatoes are the king of the recipe. In this recipe, I suggest you use these Potatoes.
- Russet Potatoes (Idaho Potatoes) - These are the best potatoes when it comes to making Hasselback Potatoes. They are loaded with starch and are just perfect.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes - After russet potatoes if there is anything that I would suggest it is these Yukon Gold Potatoes.
- Mini Potatoes: If you want you can try using Mini potatoes to make Hasselback Potatoes.
Tips & Tricks!
- Potatoes: It basically all comes down to what kind of potatoes you are using. If you want you can use red potatoes but the skin won't be just as crispy.
- Potato Skin: It is advisable that you do not peel the potato skin. But, if you want you can totally peel off the skin.
- Seasoning: You can always decide what kind of seasoning you want. If you want it spicy you can add some smoked paprika.
- Serve: Generally, it is served with sour cream and browned bacon bits on top. Bit, its totally up to you. You can decide how to serve them.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You can try:
Besides Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes you can surely try some of these recipes. When it comes to making Air Fryer recipes, I am so relaxed and calm knowing that the result is gonna be truly fantastic. But, it also depends on the kind of recipes you are making. These days you can make so many things in an Air Fryer.
- Extra Crispy Cajun Dry Rub Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
- Sesame Cauliflower in Air Fryer
- Firecracker Chicken Meatballs in Air Fryer
- Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos in Air Fryer
- Spinach and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Air Fryer
- Loaded Sweet Potato Skins in Air Fryer
- [2-Ingredient] Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- 4 Small Russet Potatoes
- ½ Cup Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- Cheese Slices as per requirement
- Prepare Potatoes: Wash under the sink and Scrub Potatoes. Cut them into thin slices stopping at 3/4th of the way through. Thin slices will help your potatoes get super crispy. Don't go all the way through so that your potatoes fall apart. Also, don't stop too soon or else your potatoes won't open up.
- Make Butter Mixture: In a bowl combine Melted Butter, Dried Oregano, Minced Garlic, Red Chili Flakes, Salt, and Pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Brush Butter Mixture: Place Potatoes in the bottom of your Air Fryer Basket. Brush butter mixture on the top of the potatoes. Cook in Air Fryer: If your Air Fryer needs to be preheated then preheat it at 350F. Or else just pop it in at 350F for 15-minutes.
- Add Cheese Slices: After 15-minutes get them out and place them on a plate. Add thin slices of cheddar cheese into the cuts. Place them back in the Air Fryer at 350F for 5-minutes or until the cheese melts. Garnish & Serve: Once done, garnish with freshly chopped cilantro or parsley and some shredded parmesan cheese.
Ask Me Anything