Salmon Salad Sandwich - There is something so comforting about Sandwiches. Two pieces of bread with a creamy filling are seriously hard to resist.
Pair this with a hearty bowl of tomato soup or creamy Spinach Soup Recipe with Crispy Garlic Croutons and your dinner is sorted. Super easy to make and they look super good!
Salmon Salad Sandwich Recipe
Canned Salmon is the best thing that you can get to make this quick and easy recipe.
Of course, you can use cooked and chilled fresh salmon as well.
But, using canned salmon makes life so much easier.
This healthy Salmon Salad Sandwich is my quick-fix when I hit home at 5 PM after working hungry and tired.
This sandwich recipe is simply so easy to put together and I am pretty sure that you can make it at home in less than 30-minutes.
Canned Salmon Recipes
Canned Salmon has got a bad reputation. People think canned Salmon is bad for your health.
Myth Buster: That is so not true. Canned Salmon is a powerhouse of nutrition. It is rich in vitamin D, Calcium, Omega-3, and Protein.
So, if you are looking for easy Canned Salmon recipes make these easy Salmon Salad Sandwiches.
Healthy Salmon Salad Sandwiches
In this recipe, my idea was to keep it healthy. I know, I've added Mayo and you must be thinking, "is mayo healthy". Well, here's the deal.
Mayo is mostly fat. But "healthy fat".
Besides, that what you have is Salmon which is so good for health.
Instead of Lettuce, I have used Kale. Kale is the most nutritious food item on the planet.
Kale is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Calcium, and Potassium when compared to lettuce.
This Sandwich recipe is seriously a keeper. In my opinion, you should quickly see the ingredients and check out how to make them!
Ingredients Needed for this recipe:
- Bread - I have used the most common - "white bread" to make this sandwich. You can also use Rye Bread or Multigrain Bread or Ciabatta Bread for a healthier alternative.
- Wild Pink Salmon - I like to use "wild Planet's Wild Pink Salmon". It has got the best flavors.
- Mayonnaise - I have used natural Mayonnaise. But for a healthier alternative you can use- Avocado Oil Mayonnaise or Egg Free Mayonnaise with Zero Cholesterol.
- Dijon Mustard - Use Dijon Mustard for a sharp kick to your Salad Sandwiches. I just love that sharp hint of Mustard.
- Green Onions - Green Onions or Scallions add an "oniony" taste to the Sandwiches makes them taste more hearty.
- Lemon Juice - Some Fresh Lemon Juice adds a zesty, zingy freshness to the recipe.
- Dried Parsley - Some Dried Parsley adds a herby taste to the Salmon Sandwich.
- Red Pepper Flakes - Add some spice to your Sandwich with a pinch of crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- Salt - Finally, Season this with Salt.
- Onions and Tomatoes - To layer the Sandwiches.
How to Make Salmon Salad Sandwiches?
Step 1: Mash Salmon with a Fork
Drain Salmon and take it out in a bowl. Mash Salmon using a fork.
Step 2: Make Salmon Salad
In the bowl containing mashed Salmon, add Mayonnaise, Dijon Mustard, Green Onions, Lemon Juice, Dried Parsley, Red Pepper Flakes, and Salt. Mix everything well.
Step 3: Assemble Sandwiches
Take a White Bread. Place a Kale leaf. Top it with the filling. Add your desired toppings and serve right away.
Other Salmon Recipes you can try
- Salmon Patties with Canned Salmon (STEP BY STEP + VIDEO)
- Salmon Pasta in Creamy Cajun Sauce
- Honey Garlic Salmon
- Easy Honey Soy Salmon
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Salmon Salad Sandwiches
For Salmon Salad
- 12 ounces canned Wild Pink Salmon I used Wild Planet's canned Salmon
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- ⅓ Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 Medium Green Onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ teaspoon Salt
To make the Sandwich
- 8 slices Sandwich Bread White bread or ciabatta bread or Rye Bread or Multi grain bread
- Kale leaves
- thinly sliced tomatoes
- Red Onions cut into rings
- Drain Salmon and take it out in a bowl. Mash Salmon using fork.
- In a bowl combine the ingredients for Salad.
- Assemble Sandwiches on a Sandwich bread of your choice. Add your desired toppings. Serve right away.
- You can easily find canned wild salmon in a grocery store near canned tuna. Or else you can get it online from Amazon.
- You can substitute the same amount of canned salmon with fresh cooked and chilled salmon.
- If you have made a lot of Salmon Salad you can store it in an air-tight container for 3-4 days in your refrigerator.
Ask Me Anything