Healthy Vegan Tuna Salad or Chickpea Tuna Salad Sandwich makes for an excellent vegan version of our favorite Tuna Salad Sandwich. It's got the same creaminess and texture and tastes so good. Made with some very easily available Vegan ingredients this one is something which the whole family would love! Also, this gets ready in just 5-minutes.
Looking for some more Healthy Vegan Breakfast or Lunch Recipes, then you must try my Vegan Tofu Scramble or Kiwi Chia Pudding or Vegan White Bean Alfredo or Vegan Taquitos - Baked Taquitos
This recipe of Chickpea Tuna Sandwich is so easy and good.
😋 Let's talk Taste
To give an honest review about the taste of this Vegan Tuna Sandwich, it's just incredible! 😋 The creamy texture of Tuna is exactly the same as that of mashed Chickpeas. Also, this is equally creamy and flavorful. Just perfect. I do miss the seafood flavors a bit but you can get that as well if you're using Nori Sheets or Dried Konbu Dashi. 😋😋😋
- Chickpea (soaked overnight or canned)
- Red Onion
- Bell Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Dijon Mustard
- Vegan Mayo
- Lemon Juice
See the recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
This Vegan Tuna Salad Sandwich is so easy and needs just two steps to make it. Also, you're going to love making this because it's so easy!
STEP 1: Pulse all the ingredients
- Pulse Chickpea along with all the other ingredients in a food processor.
- You can also do this step using a Mortar and Pestle or using two forks. It'll take some time and effort to do it but is totally possible.
STEP 2: Serve
- Serve in between two crusty toasted Breads.
Hint: For even better texture, use cooked Chickpeas. After you've soaked the Chickpeas overnight, boil them for about 15-20 minutes covered, over medium-high heat. This will make it easier for you to pulse them and also you'll get the exact texture of creamy Tuna in a Vegan Tuna Salad Sandwich!!!
- Keto - This recipe of Vegan Tuna Salad Sandwich is naturally Keto and Low Carb. You can make it even healthir by including Kale instead of Parsley in the Salad.
- Cheese - This is a Vegan recipe so I have skipped Cheese. However, you can use Vegan Cheese in this Salad Sandwich if you will.
- Vegetarian - Include your favoruite string Cheese or Full Fat Mayonnaise to make the Vegetarian version.
- Vegan Mayo - If you cannot find Vegan Mayo, then add some ripe Avocado in its place. It will give this Vegan Tuna Salad sandwich an amazing creamy texture and taste.
- Cucumber - You can add chopped pickled Cucumber to this Vegan Tuna Salad.
- Celery - You can add chopped Celery to this Vegan Chickpea Tuna Sandwich.
- Kale - Make this Vegan Tuna Salad Sandwich even healthy by including Kale with all the other ingredients. Try this Kale Pesto Pasta
You can store this Chickpea Tuna Salad Sandwich in the freezer for 3-4 days. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and serve it cold.
💯 Top tips
- Cooked Chickpea - You must use Cooked Chickpea for this recipe. It will imporve the texture of this salad sandwich and will taste almost like Tuna.
- Donot Pulse for long - Pulse only for 1-2 seconds. You donot want to make a hummus. Just pulse until the Chickpeas breakdown for 1-2 seconds.
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
The Best Vegan Tuna Salad | Chickpea Tuna Salad Sandwich
- 1 cup Chickpeas (soaked overnight or canned)
- 1 medium sized Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 medium sized Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- 1½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 3 tablespoon Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Chopped Parsley fresh
- Pulse all the ingredients in a food processor or mash with two forks or use a Mortar Pestle to combine everything. Do not pulse for long.
- Serve immediately over a loaf of crusty bread.
Ask Me Anything