Blueberry Cobbler is our favorite summer dessert. Bursting jumbo Blueberries with perfect biscuit topping made using Coconut Flour is a healthy version of our favorite dessert. Its tastes exactly the same in terms of flavors but is naturally Gluten Free, Low Carb and Vegan. You'll love this Vegan Blueberry Cobbler. Its simply delightful!!!
This Blueberry Cobbler will be your go-to summer recipe. The only extra add ons are Coconut Flour and Monk fruit Sweetener. If you're on a low carb diet, I would highly suggest you to get these two.
They have low glycemic index, is easier on your body and you can enjoy sweet treats, guilt free!
Try my Blueberry Spinach Salad with Broccoli and Avocado and you'll fall in love with it.
And when it comes to desserts with summer berries Blueberry is the reigning king. Its low in sugar but big on taste. Here are some of my favorite Blueberry Dessert recipes
Easy Blueberry Desserts Recipes
- American Flag Cherry Blueberry Pie
- Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
- Lemon Blueberry Bars
- Blueberry Dump Cake
- Blueberry Donuts
- Blueberry Chamomile Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- Mini Blueberry Cheesecake
- Best Homemade Blueberry Pie
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Hand Pies
- Blueberry Pie Cups
- Blueberry Crumb Cake
Easy Blueberry Cobbler (Grandma's recipe with a healthy twist)
Blueberry Cobbler is one of those recipes which reminds me of hot summer july days. My Grandma would have been so proud of me today to give a healthy twist to her same recipe. Its her same recipe, her exact measurements but with Coconut Flour and Fruit Sweetener.
- Blueberries - I love to use fresh Blueberries to make the best Blueberry Cobbler ever! It gets juicy and pulpy upon getting baked and is so delicious! Also Blueberry is one of the best source of antioxidants.
- Coconut Flour - This is such a healthy flour which is low carb, gluten free, high in fiber and low in sugar. Makes for the perfect alternative to All Purpose flour and is so good! Also try this Dark Chocolate Coconut Flour Brownies (Vegan | GF)
- Maple Syrup - a perfect vegan sweetener
- Lemon Juice - builds up the flavor of Blueberries
- Monk fruit sweetener - a vegan sugar alternative and is super healthy!
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make the Best ever Blueberry Cobbler (Gluten Free Version)
Here's step by step guide on making the best Gluten Free Blueberry Cobbler.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Combine fresh Blueberries with Lemon Juice and lay evenly in a baking dish.
Melt Almond Butter and Maple Syrup in a bowl and set aside.
Combine Coconut Flour with Monk fruit Sweetener, Ground Cinnamon, and the melted almond butter and maple syrup. Fold until combined.
Spoon dollops over the blueberries.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust gets golden brown on top.
Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired!
Hint: if you love extra cobbler topping, double up the topping! I know, I love it too!!!
Refrigerate - Store leftover Blueberry Cobbler in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Freeze - After baking Cobbler, bring it down to room temp. Then double wrap it with plastic wrap and freeze it. You can freeze it for up to 3 months.
Reheat - thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat before serving.
Can I use frozen fruit to make Cobbler?
Yes of course!The best part is you don't even have to thaw frozen fruits before use! Just use them as is and bake for a little longer time. (10 min longer)
Why is my Blueberry Cobbler runny?
That's probably because of the berries or may be you've added too much sugar. You can avoid runny cobbler by tossing the Blueberries with Cornstarch or Cornmeal first and then laying them in the baking dish.
How to store Fresh Picked Blueberries?
You can store fresh picked Blueberries in the refrigerator, then store them for upto 14-15 days. Donot store them in a closed container. Keep the lid open.
If you want to freeze Blueberries, then do not wash them. Clean using a paper towel and freeze in a freezer friendly bag.
How to make Blueberry Cobbler with Oats?
Generally Oats in the topping makes for a crumbly topping which is hence known as a crumble. So if you replace Coconut Flour with Oats you are actually making a Blueberry Crumble.
Top tips to make the best Blueberry Cobbler in the world
- Use fresh Blueberries and fresh berries means more flavors
- Coconut flour biscuit topping is healthy, gluten free and so much better.
- Make sure you toss the Blueberries with Lemon Juice first, as this makes them extra delicious.
More Cobbler dessert Recipes
- Southern Peach Cobbler
- Chocolate Cobbler
- Southern Sweet Potato Cobbler
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Pecan Cobbler
- Warm Pear Cranberry Cobbler
Blueberry Cobbler (Gluten Free)
- 4 cups Fresh Blueberries or frozen
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
for cobbler topping
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- ½ cup Monk Fruit Sweetener or Stevia or any granulated sweetener of your choice.
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ cup Almond Butter
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream (use vegan ice cream for vegan version)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Combine fresh Blueberries with Lemon Juice in a mixing bowl. Lay evenly in the baking dish and set aside.
- Melt Almond Butter and Maple Syrup in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Combine Coconut Flour with Monk fruit Sweetener, Ground Cinnamon, Melted Almond Butter and Maple Syrup. Mix until combined.
- Spoon dollops of this mixture over the berries. Keep some space in between each dollop so that it resembles a wavy pathway!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust gets golden brown on the top. Serve with Vanilla Ice cream and enjoy!