Blueberry Dump Cake is the easiest Summer dessert recipe ever! Blueberry along with Lemon, Sweetened Condensed Milk, and Sugar format the base over a crusty cake topping made with cake mix, butter, and nuts. A basic dump and forget the cake, but the results are beyond amazing. 😋
The Summer season is still on and this is the best time of the year to enjoy some fresh Blueberries. I just love to use Blueberries for my recipes. The taste, the texture, and of course that gorgeous color! 🫐
Blueberries make for the best dessert recipes.
Have you tried my favorite Blueberry Donuts in Air Fryer (without Yeast) OR Blueberry Chamomile Swirl Cheesecake Bars
OR The Best Mini Blueberry Cheesecake
OR Best Homemade Blueberry Pie
OR Blueberry Cream Cheese Hand Pies
OR Blueberry Pie Cups with Meringue
OR Classic Southern Blueberry Muffins
This Dump Cake was inspired by my favorite fall dessert - Pumpkin Dump Cake. Dump cakes are a classic recipe where a fruit layer is topped with a layer of cake mix and nuts.
Here, for the fruit layer, I have used Blueberries and combined them with Lemon Juice, Eggs, Sweetened Condensed Milk, and Sugar for added flavors.
While the top layer is that of AP Flour along with Baking Soda. This works as the perfect replacement for Cake mix. Also, I have topped it with chopped Walnuts and loads of melted butter.
This Blueberry Dump cake is seriously one of those indulging summer desserts which you would want to dig right in!
There is something so simple yet so special about this Blueberry Dump Cake. Its such an old-fashioned recipe. It requires no beating, just a basic dump and forget cake recipe and bakes out to perfection.
The only thing that takes time is baking. Waiting for this delicious Blueberry Dump Cake to get baked is the hardest part.
Also, the recipe for this is sooo easy. Just a simple three-step recipe and you can never go wrong with it.
Also, this is easily customizable with any fruits you have at home. I especially love it with Tripple Berries during Summer or Apples and Pumpkin Puree during fall.
😋 Lets Talk Taste
When it comes to taste, this is berry-licious! I know, it's not even a word but I think this word would best define the taste and texture of this Blueberry dump cake 😋
I mean, it's sooo juicy and berryful, and that crispy layer of Cake on top makes this taste so good. It's buttery, nutty and so light!
Not your usual cake which has such a thick layer. This one is almost like a cross between a Cobber and a Cake. Unlike Cobbler, this Dump cake misses the biscuit topping.
🥮 What is a "Dump Cake"?
Well, it's just as it sounds. A basic dump and forget cake. Dump cake is made of two layers.
The lower layer is that of a fruit custard. Here, I have used Blueberries along with Sweetened Condensed Milk, Eggs, Lemon Juice and Sugar.
The second layer is that of Yellow Cake mix or AP Flour, Baking Soda along Melted Butter, and Chopped Nuts. (Pecan or Walnuts)
FOR THE FRUIT CUSTARD
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Brown Sugar
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Lemon Juice
FOR THE CAKE TOPPING
- Yellow Cake Mix or AP Flour
- Baking Soda (only if you're using AP Flour)
- Chopped Walnuts
- Melted Butter
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
📝 Instructions on making Blueberry Dump Cake
STEP 1: MAKE THE BLUEBERRY CUSTARD
- If you're using fresh Blueberries then throw them in a pot along with granulated sugar and cornstarch and simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until the Blueberries get mushy.
- If using Frozen Blueberries then, directly combine them with Brown Sugar, Eggs, Sweetened Condensed Milk and Lemon Juice
- After the Blueberry mixture gets mushy, combine with Brown Sugar, Sweetned Condensed Milk, Eggs and Lemon Juice.
- Pour this Blueberry Custard in a 9x9 inches baking dish.
STEP 2: MAKE THE CAKE TOPPING
- Sprinkle Cake flour over the Blueberries and top with melted butter and chopped Walnuts
- If not using cake flour, then combine AP Flour with Baking Soda and chopped Walnuts in a mixing bowl and sprinkle over the Blueberry mixture. Pour the Melted Butter over it.
STEP 3: BAKE
- Bake this Blueberry Dump Cake @350F or 180C for 50 minutes.
Remember that if you're using fresh Blueberries it should take less time to cook. Frozen Blueberries take a slightly longer time to cook.
💡 Hint: If you're using frozen Blueberries, then transfer the frozen blueberries combined with all the other ingredients in the baking dish, top with the cake mixture, nuts, and butter, and bake for 1 hour at 350F or 180C.
- Gluten Free - Use Gluten Free Cake Mix for the Cake topping. If not using Cake mix, then use Almond Flour along with Baking Soda.
- Vegan - To make the vegan version of this recipe, replace Egg with Flax Egg or Chia Egg, use Vegan Condensed Milk in place of Sweetened Condensed Milk and Vegan Butter in place of Melted Butter.
You can store this Blueberry Dump cake in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for a week. You can also freeze this Blueberry Dump cake in an air-tight container, wrapped with foil for 1 month.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven before serving. You can also serve this without heating. I personally love to enjoy this cold, straight out of the refrigerator! 😋😋
OTHER SUMMER DESSERT RECIPES
- No-Bake Mini Blackberry Cheesecake (Vegan)
- Summer No Bake Berry Lasagna Dessert
- Lemon Chiffon Pie (No Bake Creamy Lemon Pie)
- Easy Banoffee Pie Recipe (No Bake) without Condensed Milk
- No Bake Chocolate Oreo Tarts
- Jammy Raspberry Crumble Bars
- Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars with Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cups - No-Bake
- Strawberry Crisp
- Cherry Crumble with Oats Almond Butter Streusel
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Blueberry Dump Cake
For Blueberry Custard Layer
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
For the Cake Layer
- ½ cup Yellow Cake Mix can replace with 1/2 cup AP Flour and 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Melted Unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup Chopped Walnuts or Chopped Pecan Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C.If using fresh blueberries, then throw them in a saucepan. Add some sugar and 1 teaspoon of Cornstarch. Simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until the berries get mashy.If you're using frozen Blueberries which have been thawed, then combine them with Sugar, Egg, Sweetened Condensed Milk, and Lemon Juice. Pour in a 9x9 inch baking dish
- Sprinkle Cake Mix over the Custard Layer. Top with Melted Butter and chopped Walnuts.If you do not have cake mix, then combine AP Flour with baking soda and sprinkle over the Blueberries. Then pour the melted butter on top and sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top. Bake @350F or 180C for 50 minutes.
- After it gets baked, get it out of the oven. Allow it to cool down for 10 minutes to room temperature and serve
Ask Me Anything