Strawberry Crisp is a fresh and juicy berry crisp bursting with fresh strawberries and topped with crispy oats and melty butter. The best part - this is a Healthy Strawberry crisp. Meaning there is no refined sugar used in this recipe. Neither Granulated Sugar nor Brown Sugar is needed to make this Strawberry Crisp. Instead of refined sugar, we've used honey.
This fruit crisp gets done in minutes and is definitely a crowd-pleaser.
Last week when I went shopping, I couldn't take my eyes off those fresh strawberries. I picked four packs of Strawberries.
You won't believe how excited I am about these fresh Strawberries. I made Double Chocolate Pancakes with Strawberries, Chocolate and Nuts covered Strawberries, Nutella Crepes with Fresh Strawberries, Strawberry Yogurt Parfait, Heart Shaped Chocolate Strawberry Brownies, and this Healthy Strawberry Crisp today. I must tell you that there are so many more recipes on my list and I cannot wait to try all of them.
But, there are a few reasons why I like Strawberry Crisp.
Why You'll Love Strawberry Crisp with Oats?
- Easy to Make: Crisps are so easy to make and they get done in almost minutes. The best part is that there is hardly anything that needs to be done. That's one of the prime reasons I make crisps so often.
- Fresh and Juicy Strawberries: The freshness and juiciness of strawberries are totally incomparable to anything else. Fresh and juicy strawberries topped with crispy and buttery oats topping is simply too good to be true.
- That Buttery topping: That gorgeous buttery topping with rolled oats, oat flour, cold butter cubes, and honey is simply mind-blowing. You cannot have enough of that adorable topping.
How to Make Healthy Strawberry Crisp from Scratch?
The recipe for a crisp is pretty straightforward. All we have to do is just make the pie filling and layer it in the bottom. And the top it with a crumbly oat and butter topping.
Generally, Brown Sugar and Granulated Sugar is used while making Strawberry crisp. But, in this recipe, we are going to use Honey. You can always replace Honey with Maple Syrup.
This strawberry Crisp recipe is simply the best in the world. The bubbly strawberry with a beautiful buttery fragrance is so amazing. It can definitely make your home feel like Strawberry heaven.
- Coat Strawberries in Cornstarch: Coat Strawberries in Cornstarch. Coating berries in cornstarch helps them retain their shape. Place this in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add the topping: Make the topping for Strawberry Crisp using Oat Flour, Rolled Oats, Cold butter cut into cubes, and Honey. Mix this lightly using two forks or a pastry blender until the mixture resembles a wet sand-like consistency.
- Bake: Add the buttery topping on the Strawberry crisp and bake it in a preheated oven at 350F for 30-minutes or until the top is browned and the strawberry filling is bubbly.
Once you've made Strawberry Crisp at home, your home will be brimming with happiness. That beautiful fragrance, that adorable sight of strawberries bubbling, that crunchy oatmeal topping, all of that is so satisfying.
Other Recipes you can try:
- Best Homemade Blueberry Pie
- Summer No Bake Berry Lasagna Dessert
- Cherry Crumble with Oats Almond Butter Streusel
- Moist Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake Muffins
- Juicy Peach Cream Cheese Hand Pies
- Peach Pie Lasagna
- Blueberry Chamomile Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Hand Pies
For the Filling
- 2 Heaping Cups Fresh Strawberries hulled and quatered
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup Honey can be replaced with Maple Syrup
For the Topping
- ¼ Cup Oat Flour
- ¼ Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Stick Cold Butter cut into small cubes
- ½ Cup Honey can be replaced with Maple Syrup
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Vanilla Ice Cream OPTIONAL (for topping)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking dish with butter or cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine Strawberries, Cornstarch, Salt, and Honey. Mix well so that there is no trace of white cornstarch on the strawberries. Pour it into your prepared baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl of medium size, combine Oat flour, rolled oats, cold butter cubes, and honey. Use a fork or a pastry blender to mix it well until it resembles a wet sand-like consistency.
- Sprinkle the mixture on the strawberry filling. Spread it out evenly with a spatula or the back of a spoon.Bake this in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30-minutes, or until the top is almost golden-brown and the mixture is bubbly.
- Serve warm with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream on top.