Bright and Sunny Lemon Chiffon Pie is the best Summer dessert recipe you could ever ask for. It tastes like a frozen lemonade! Yeah, the best dessert to cool you off on hot summer days, this Creamy and decadent Lemon Chiffon Pie is smooth, silky and so indulging. This Lemon Chiffon Pie is a quick No-Bake dessert recipe and tastes beyond delicious.
Lemon Chiffon Pie
This is my favorite Lemon Pie recipe. I mean, I love Pies and can enjoy them at any time of the year and the Summers gives me the perfect excuse to bake Blueberry Pie, Key Lime Pie, and my favorite Lemon Pie.
This sweet and tangy Lemon Chiffon Pie with whipped cream topping and lemon zest and lemon slivers on top tastes like the tropics in a plate. Seriously! This Lemon Chiffon Pie will remind you of your last tropical vacation...
Easy No-Bake Lemon Chiffon Pie
This Lemon Chiffon Pie is a No-Bake Recipe. Although you do need to bake the crust and then use it. What I love about this recipe of Lemon Chiffon Pie is that unlike other No-Bake desserts these take just 2 hours to freeze to perfection. You can freeze this for 4 hours or overnight but I never do that. Overfreeing the dessert just spoils the taste of it. I never knew how quickly heavy cream freezes and this Pie is a perfect reminder of that. Gets prepared to perfection in just 2 hours. And when you bite in, you donot actually bite into the ice.
Quick 4 steps Lemon Chiffon Pie
This Lemon Chiffon Pie follows 3 basic steps:
STEP 1: Baking the Crust
- I use my recipe of homemade buttery Pie crust.
- You can also use store-bought pie crust and bake it
- Bake the Crust for 10 minutes @ 350F (or 180C)
STEP 2: Making the Filling
- Bring 11/2 cup of water to boil in a pot along with Vanilla, Granulated Sugar, Lemon Juice and Butter
- Reduce the heat to low and add a Cornstarch slurry (2 tablespoon Cornstarch + 3 tablespoon water). Stir until smooth.
- Allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature and then whisk in the Eggs
- Now, stir in the whipped cream
STEP 3: Freezing the Pie
- Pour the filling in the pre-baked pie crust
- Freeze this for 2-4 hours
STEP 4: Serve
- Serve the pie with some whipped cream topping and lemon zest on top.
All about the Crust
For this recipe, I have used my Buttery Pie Crust Recipe. I generally make it in advance and store it in the freezer. Whenever I am baking a Pie, I thaw it in the refrigerator and use it. Homemade Pie Crust is the best because they never dry out and the pie dough stays fresh for 3 months.
Apart from this you can use a store-bought pie crust and pre-bake it
Besides that, you can use Graham Cracker Crumbs or Saltine Cracker Crumbs to make the crust. You need to pulse the Crackers in the food processor along with some melted butter and then place it in the pie dish. Freeze for 2 hours before adding the filling or just pre-bake it @ 350F (or 180C) for 8-10 minutes.
The Zesty and Creamy Lemon Pie Filling
This creamy and zesty Lemon Pie filling reminds me of a perfect glass of Lemonade! But it's even better. There is Eggs and Cornstarch which holds the structure for this pie.
Then you have butter and whipped cream for that creamy taste and texture. The best part is that hint of Vanilla which just brings all the flavors to life. I never knew how amazing Lemon and Vanilla Pairs until today. It's seriously so good.
The only thing which tests your patience is the waiting part. But since it's the Summers and you have plenty of time at home, baking this will be a breeze. It's a perfect No-Bake Summer Dessert the whole family can enjoy together.
Coming to the final climax of the recipe - the Garnish. Yeah! Climax. After this Lemon Chiffon Pie freezes up, it's nothing short of climax.
While a Typical Lemon Pie needs no garnish, this one can be garnished with some heavy whipped cream. You can use a star tip nozzle to decorate around the pie or just place it at the center of the pie.
Also, do not forget the final garnish with Lemon Zest and Lemon slivers. It's the Lemon zests that give this pie, that amazing Lemony fragrance which is just so good!
Other Recipes You will love
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Lemon Chiffon Pie
- 1 unbaked Pie Crust *see notes below
Lemon Chiffon Pie Filling
- 1½ cup Water
- 2 medium sized Lemons juiced
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 stick Salted Butter
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch and 2 tablespoon water to make the slurry
- 2 medium sized Eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup Heavy Cream whipped (reserve some for topping)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest or Lemon slivers for garnish
- Use a store Bought Pie crust or a homemade Pie Crust. Roll it on a floured surface and then unroll on the pie dish. Bake the Pie Crust @350F or 180C for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, add water and bring it to a boil. Next add Lemon Juice, Vanilla Extract, Butter, and Granulated Sugar. Stir to combine.
- Now, make a cornstarch slurry with 2 tablespoon of cornstarch and 3 tablespoon of water. Stir to combine. Pour this into the boiling mixture. Reduce the heat to low and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Now take the filling off the heat and allow the filling to cool down to room temperature for 20 minutes. After it cools down, beat Eggs using a fork and add it slowly to the mixture, stirring constantly.
- Fold in Whipped Cream. Stir until combined and you have a silky smooth pie filling ready.
- Pour the Pie filling in the pre-baked pie crust. Freeze this Lemon Chiffon Pie for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with a dollop of whippee cream and some lemon zest or lemon slivers on top.