Looking for an Easy Banoffee Pie Recipe that doesn't need you to make dulce de leche? Well, here it is. Every bite of this Banoffee pie will inspire you to write poetry on it. No kidding!
Banoffee Pie is the easiest recipe of all. All you have to do is make a crust with Oreos Crumbs, Maple Syrup, Cocoa Powder, & Melted Butter.
Then we'll be making the filling. The filling is made up of Heavy cream, Brown Sugar, Vanilla Extract, and some Cornstarch. Finally, we'll just Pour the filling in the oreo pie shell, and chill our Banoffee Pie until it sets completely.
Once it is set, just decorate with sliced bananas, some dark chocolate chunks, chocolate shavings, and of course some whipped cream. That's it. That's the entire gist of making Banoffee Pie.
It's a super easy recipe that you should definitely try. Generally, the base is made up of Graham Cracker Crumbs. But, In this case, to make it more chocolatey I have used Oreo Crumbs. How to make Oreo Crumbs? Just pulse Oreos in a food processor until they are powdery.
Generally, while making Pie, we need a pie crust. BTW you can see my All-Butter Pie Crust recipe with Video here. But, while making Banoffee Pie you do not need any Pie crust.
Talking about Pies have you tried:
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Vegan Chocolate Chess Pie
- New York-Style Apple Crumb Pie
- Best Homemade Old-Fashioned Pumpkin Pie
- Classic Old Fashioned Apple Pie
- Best Homemade Blueberry Pie
- Citrusy Grapefruit Cream Tart
- Eggless Coconut Lime Tart
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
- No-Bake Chocolate Oreo Tarts
What is Banoffee Pie?
Banoffee - what do you think the name means? Yes, you are close. It means a combination of Bananas and Toffee. Banana and Toffee is truly one of the best combinations ever. You cannot talk about Banana and forget Toffee. Talking about the flavor combination, if you've ever tried combining Bananas with chocolate, you'll know it is a fabulously, charmingly, wickedly delicious combination. Something that sticks with you forever. Have you tried - Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies - they are one of the most popular recipes in the blog, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, Banana Chocolate Chip Bread, Banana Chocolate Chip Scones, Banana Nut Blondies with Chocolate Frosting, and many more.
So, basically, Banoffee Pie is a combo of toffee and bananas. It is a super-popular English dessert, that should definitely be a part of your dinner menu.
No-Bake Banoffee Pie Recipe
As you read in the title this is a No-Bake Pie. So be prepared to invest time in freezing this pie. The time that you put in now will help you cut out sharp slices of this pie and you'll have a good time enjoying it.
How to Make Banoffee Pie?
So, after you've combined Oreo crumbs with Melted Butter, Maple Syrup, Cocoa Powder, and Salt just place them in your Pie dish. Now, you've got a choice here. If you want you can pre-bake the crust. But, I would recommend you not to. Just put it in the refrigerator for about 1-2 hours and make the pie filling in the meantime.
For the Pie filling just combine heavy cream with Brown Sugar, Vanilla, and Cornstarch. Bring the mixture to a slow boil, stirring frequently, and take it off the heat.
Now, Make Sure you cool this Pie filling completely. Set it out at room temperature for about half-hour or 1 hour and let it cool down completely.
Next, pour it into your pie crust and chill this in the refrigerator until the top layer sets completely. This might take 5-8 hours depending on your refrigerator. For some, it takes just 2 hours. I had to keep it in the refrigerator for exactly 8 hours. (Imagine how long I had to wait for this deliciousness to get in my belly!!)
Lastly top it with some whipped cream, sliced bananas, dark chocolate chunks, and chocolate shavings. And, just dig in.
Tips to Make the Best Banoffee Pie:
- Make sure you cool down Oreo Crust before adding the pie filling.
- Make sure you cool down your Pie filling before pouring it in your Pie crust.
- Try to keep the sweetness of the pie balanced. Maple syrup is anyway too sweet. And Banana has its innate sweetness. So, balance accordingly.
Other Recipes you might like:
- Banana Muffins filled with Chocolate Walnut Ganache
- Healthy Oatmeal Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Healthy Oats Chocolate Banana Bread
- Healthy Banana Walnut Bread with Flax
- Banana Mousse Tarts
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take some time to share an image of your Banoffee Pie on Instagram with #recipemagik. Do tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Easy Banoffee Pie (No Bake) without Condensed Milk
- 2 Cup OREO Crumbs about 150grams (Pulsed to powdery crumbs)
- 5 Tablespoons Melted Unsalted Butter 70grams
- 3 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ⅓ Cup Maple Syrup 50grams
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream 60grams
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar 100grams
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 Cups Cold Heavy Cream or Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Large Bananas sliced into thin round circles
- Dark Chocolate Chunks, Chocolate Shavings for garnish (OPTIONAL)
- In a bowl combine Oreo Crumbs with Melted Butter, Maple Syrup, Cocoa Powder, and Salt. Mix well with a spatula until combined. The mixture should look slightly dry. If it is too wet then you can add some more Oreo crumbs. The drier it is the quicker it will set. Pour this into your pie dish and spread it out using the back of a measuring cup or your hands. Allow this to chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Into that add Heavy Cream, Light Brown Sugar, Pure Vanilla Extract, and Cornstarch. Stir well and allow it to come to a slow boil over low heat. Take it off the heat and allow it to cool down completely.
- Pour the filling into your prepared crust. Allow this to set in the refrigerator. This can take up to 2 hours or more. Wait until the top layer sets completely. Make sure you keep it uncovered.
- In the meantime, take some heavy whipping cream in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk it at high speed using a handheld mixer for about 3-5 minutes until you see stiff peaks.
- Decorate the top of the pie with thin circles of sliced bananas. Lay them in a circular pattern on the pie.Add some whipped cream to the pie and garnish with Dark Chocolate Chunks, and Chocolate Shavings.
- Make Ahead Instructions: