Ooey Gooey Strawberry Oatmeal Bars with Dark Chocolate are the perfect healthy dessert. These Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars get prepared in just 30 minutes. A layer of Oatmeal and Butter crust topped with bursting Berries and Dark Chocolate Chunks and a final layer of streusel topping with the leftover Oats and Butter mixture. Eventually, when these get baked, the Strawberries literally burst out from the sides and the chocolate gets melty. A final drizzle of sugar and vanilla glaze and these babies are ready to be served! Have you tried my Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars or Salted Caramel Apple Crisp Bars or Jammy Raspberry Crumble Bars
These Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars with Dark Chocolate Chunks are Gluten-free as they are made with old fashioned Rolled Oats and Oats flour.
Also, you can make this with no sugar if your strawberries are very sweet and soft. However, I have used some dark Brown sugar and some granulated sugar in this recipe. For a healthier alternative, you can replace this with coconut sugar.
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars with Dark Chocolate Chunks
Hey friends, so you know how much I love baking. And this beautiful season of Spring blossoming in early February gets me so excited. It's like the best time of the year.
The weather outside is not too hot nor it's too cold. The freezing chilly days are finally over and it's time to get baking with fresh berries. What's better than strawberries right!
Also, since it's Valentine's Day around the corner, Strawberries are just apt for baking at this time of the year. To make it even better, I have used Strawberries along with Dark Chocolate.
I love Chocolate Covered Strawberries and these are just so so so delicious. They taste just like Chocolate Covered Strawberries with the crunch of the Oats and a buttery streusel taste in every bite!
Sounds yum right! Well, trust me and bake this! You're going to love this so much 🙂
For a vegan version of the same recipe, you can swap Butter with Vegan Butter.
Coming to these Strawberry Oatmeal Bars. I have made them so often that I forget the number of times I have baked these babies. I love baking with berries and Oatmeal Bars are one of my favorites. It is so easy to make and always makes for a healthy dessert that is also under 100 calories.
These Strawberry Oatmeal Bars are extremely buttery and gooey. I like my Bars to be bursting with berry juices. It feels like Summers and is just so tasty.
Also, the combination of Strawberry and Dark Chocolate is like a match made in heaven. This is one of those power couples which is my ultimate couple goal!! : D Can't help! It's V-Week and Valentine is all over my head 🙂 🙂 🙂
If you want a little crumbly bar, you can of course add more Oats and they are going to be crunchier.
These Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars feel like a perfect cross between a breakfast crumb cake and an ooey-gooey cakey bar. Of course, I do not like cakey bars, especially for breakfast, so I have skipped the use of flour and use Oats Flour instead.
Oats Flour is just grounded, Rolled Oats. If you do not have a grinder you can use Whole Wheat Flour or Almond Flour or Coconut Flour in the ratio of 1:1 as a replacement for Gluten-Free Flour Options.
The final drizzle of Vanilla Glaze makes this taste exactly like a store-bought dessert. It gives these bars that perfect touch of sweetness and that's just so delicious!!!
Other Dessert Recipes you might like:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cups
- Strawberry Crisp
- Strawberry Yogurt Parfait
- Heart Shaped Chocolate Strawberry Brownies
- No-Bake Mini Strawberry Mousse Cups
- Double Chocolate Pancakes with Strawberries
Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars with Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ¾ cup Oats Flour can replace with white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 2 cup Diced Strawberries
- ½ cup Dark Chocolate chopped to chunks (I use Hershey's)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C. Line a 9x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray and parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the dry ingredients - Rolled Oats, Oats Flour, Brown Sugar, Ground Ginger, and Salt. Now, add the melted butter and pure vanilla extract to this and combine everything using a spatula so that it resembles a wet sand-like mixture. Save 1/2 cup of the mixture. Layer the rest at the bottom of the lined baking dish. Press it firmly with your palms to settle it down properly and evenly.
- Layer the chopped Strawberries and the dark chocolate chunks over the oats layer. Sprinkle some granulated sugar over them
- Finally, sprinkle the remaining oats crumbs over the strawberries. Do not cover it all through. Allow some berries to peak through. Bake @350F or 180C for 30 minutes.
- After the Bars get baked, allow it to cool down. Meanwhile make a sugar glaze by combining Granulated sugar with milk and vanilla. Whisk until it gets smooth and lump-free. If you want it thinner, add more milk. Drizzle it over the Bars.
- Get the Bars out of the dish and cut into even-sized squares.
- You can store these bars in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
- You can freeze these bars without the glaze. Wrap it up tightly using plastic foil wrap and pop it in the freezer. This will stay fresh for 1 week. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving. Do the glaze and serve.