Fresh Blueberries, Crisp Spinach, Crunchy Broccoli with buttery Avocados and Creamy Ranch Yogurt Dressing is healthy, super-quick to make, and packed with nutrition. Serve this alongside Crockpot Chicken Thighs in Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce or these healthy low carb dinner recipes for the best dining experience.
- Good for your body, Great for your waistline
- The Nerdy Details 🙇
- Ingredients for broccoli and blueberry superfood salad
- How to Make Blueberry Broccoli Spinach Salad
- Easy Variations for Blueberry Spinach Salad
- Substitutions for this broccoli spinach avocado salad
- Meal-Prep this broccoli blueberry salad
- How much does this make?
- Should I roast the broccoli?
- Secrets to the best spinach blueberry salad recipe
- More Salads to enjoy this season
- Blueberry Spinach Salad with Broccoli and Avocado
Juicy Blueberries with pecan nuts and crumbled feta cheese tastes freaking fantastic. Especially in these summer days when you just want to relax. 😎🛀
Pair this broccoli blueberry salad with these easy summer crockpot meals.
Good for your body, Great for your waistline
I call this Broccoli Spinach and Blueberry Salad a "Discreet Downsizer"
These days most of us are fighting bulge. And belly fat seems like a tough opponent that is hard to defeat.
But, this Broccoli, spinach and blueberry salad is a tasty combination that's good for your body and your waistline.
Furthermore, a tasty treat for your tastebuds. 👅 Finding this hard to believe?
See why I used each ingredients and how they are helping you!
The Nerdy Details 🙇
- Blueberries - Antioxidants, transfers more oxygen into your bloodstream.
- Yogurt - encourages growth of good bacteria in your gut.
- Avocados - monounsaturated fats, prevents belly bloats.
- Spinach - This green goodness is curbs appetite, boosts metabolism, and strengthens immune system.
- Broccoli - Promotes heart health and boosts immunity.
- Nuts - Supports weight loss, decreases inflammation, Plant source of omega 3 fatty acid.
This Healthy and Delicious recipe for Blueberry Spinach Salad with creamy Ranch Dressing is bursting with health benefits.
If you love eating healthy and treating yourself with fresh fruits and veggies then you are in for a treat. 🎉
This Best Blueberry and Spinach Salad Recipe is perfect for summer months when you have blueberries in abundance.
If you are tired of blueberry desserts (although I seriously doubt one would ever get tired of desserts 😆 think - Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes, Lemon Blueberry Bars, Blueberry Dump Cake, Blueberry Donuts and more) then this Healthy Blueberry Spinach Salad would be a perfect choice for you ❤️
Ingredients for broccoli and blueberry superfood salad
- Baby Spinach
- Red Bell Pepper
- Broccoli Florets
- Fresh Blueberries
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Candied pecan nuts
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- greek yogurt
- ranch dressing
- ground black pepper
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Blueberry Broccoli Spinach Salad
Make the dressing in a mason jar. Shake well and keep it aside.
Wash, drain, rinse, and pat dry baby spinach.
Arrange the veggies and berries in a bowl.
Pour the dressing. Toss lightly. Serve.
Hint: make more dressing than required. Save it for later in the fridge. This homemade dressing will stay in the fridge for 4 days.
Easy Variations for Blueberry Spinach Salad
- Bacon - Need to add some animal protein? Try adding some Crispy Baked Bacon.
- Pumpkin Seeds or Sunflower Seeds - for that extra boost of protein.
- Dried Parsley - you can infuse a herby taste in your dressing with some dried parsley.
- Nut Free - Allergic to nuts? No worries. Skip any and all sorts of nuts from this recipe. It won't make much of a difference, since you already have avocados.
- Purple Basil - Want to make this healthier? Try adding some raw purple basil. Tastes absolutely delicious and is so good for your health.
- Sweetener - Some people might find the dressing too sour and bitter. So if you are someone who doesn't enjoy a sour dressing then feel free to incorporate any sweetener that you like. My choice would be a tablespoon of Pure Maple Syrup.
- Mint leaves - Feel free to play around with taste. Few mint leaves (chopped) would add a new dimension of taste to the salad.
- Red Onions - Got some red onions in hand? Throw them in. They add a great crunch to the salad.
- cucumber - make broccoli spinach cucumber salad with some sliced english cucumber.
Substitutions for this broccoli spinach avocado salad
- Blue Cheese - Substitute Crumbled feta cheese with blue cheese.
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese - Substitute Feta with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Pine Nuts/ Walnuts/ Almonds - Replace Pecan Nuts with Pine Nuts or Walnuts or Almonds. I love blueberry almond spinach salad.
- Romaine Lettuce - Haven't got spinach? Replace it with chopped romaine lettuce.
- kale - replace spinach with kale and make kale broccoli blueberry salad.
Meal-Prep this broccoli blueberry salad
Planning to Meal-Prep this salad? Yes. Absolutely Yes! Keep these tips in mind when you are planning on meal-prepping this salad.
- Don't add the dressing and meal prep. Spinach won't be crunchy. It will get soggy.
- Prep salad in a glass container without the dressing.
- Use a mason jar to make the dressing.
- Add the dressing just before you are about to eat the salad.
How much does this make?
This makes 4 servings of the salad. If you are making this for a potluck or for any party then you can double or triple it as per your choice.
Should I roast the broccoli?
Many people suggest that to make the best broccoli salad you should roast the broccoli. I am not against that.
You can roast broccoli if you want to. But, I suggest that you add them raw.
Secrets to the best spinach blueberry salad recipe
- Use as many variations as you may like.
- Add the dressing on the salad just before you are ready to eat it.
- Candied pecans add the best taste. But avoid it if you are thinking about calories.
More Salads to enjoy this season
- Keto Broccoli Salad with apple cider vinegar
- Creamy Shrimp Salad
- Cucumber Salad
- Best Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe in the World
Blueberry Spinach Salad with Broccoli and Avocado
- 3 ounces baby spinach (3 cups) washed, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 cup red bell pepper thinly sliced
- ½ cup broccoli chopped
- ½ medium avocado diced
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup pecan nuts candied (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper or as per taste
- ½ teaspoon salt or as per taste
Make the Salad dressing
- In a glass mason jar combine the ingredients for ranch-yogurt dressing. Close the lid and shake well until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Make the salad
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the salad. Mix well and keep aside.
- Pour the dressing just before eating the salad. Enjoy.
Ask Me Anything