Soft and Fluffy Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes made with juicy Blueberries, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Ricotta Cheese, and Vanilla is the best Weekend Breakfast Pancake recipe topped with loads of Maple Syrup and Butter.
Moreover these are Healthy Blueberry Ricotta pancakes made with Almond Flour. So its naturally gluten free. Also try these Buttermilk Pancakes
These Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes makes for a perfect breakfast or brunch recipe. Especially I love to make it for my Mom for Mother's Day Brunch.
Lemon and Blueberry is a match made in heaven. Juicy Blueberries when combine with zesty Lemon is a fantastic combination, which I love forever.
Also try these Lemon Blueberry Recipes
- Lemon Blueberry Bars
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze
- Lemon Blueberry Scones
- Lemon Blueberry Dump Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Donuts
- Lemon Blueberry Bread (Gluten-Free)
Let's talk Taste
Blueberry and Lemon Pancakes are a delicious combination. Add Ricotta Cheese to that and it becomes a match made in heaven.
Also, Ricotta Cheese makes these Lemon Blueberry Pancakes, extra soft and fluffy, which is sooo good!
Since I have used Almond Flour, the addition of Ricotta Cheese, works like a charm in making these Lemon Blueberry Pancakes extra soft.
These Pancakes fluff up so well, because of Ricotta Cheese. And then I add some extra Blueberries on top, which are so juicy and fresh!
The added hint of Lemon Zest when combined with Maple Syrup is just super good!
- Dry Ingredients - Almond Flour, Baking Soda, Kosher Salt
- Wet Ingredients - Eggs, Ricotta Cheese, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Almond Milk, Vanilla
- Blueberries - You can use frozen or fresh Blueberries. Make sure you thaw frozen Blueberries before use.
See recipe card for quantities. Also, Watch the video for a quick visual.
Why Ricotta Cheese?
Ricotta Cheese makes Pancakes extra soft, delicate, and delicious. Also, these make the Pancakes extra fluffy which is so amazing!
If you're not a fan or Ricotta Cheese, you can use low fat Cottage Cheese. It tastes the same while being incredibly healthy!
Berries of your choice
If you do not love Blueberries, you can use Strawberries or Raspberries or even Blackberries. Blackberries tastes super good with Lemon.
Healthy Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes with Lemon Curd
You can use leftover Lemon Curd instead of Lemon juice and Lemon Zest to make these pancakes. It will make your Blueberry pancakes extra fluffy and soft.
These are naturally healthy Pancakes because of Almond Flour and Almond Milk. Ricotta Cheese makes these Almond Flour Pancakes taste extra good and fluffy!
How to make Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
STEP 1: WHISK DRY INGREDIENTS
- Whisk Almond Flour, Baking Soda and Kosher Salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
STEP 2: WHISK IN THE EGGS
- Whisk in the Eggs, Almond Milk, Maple Syrup, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Vanilla Extract and Ricotta Cheese.
- Whisk until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture.
- Fold until combined and lump free.
STEP 3: MAKE THE PANCAKES
- Heat a girdle or skillet over medium heat
- Brush Butter over the skillet
- Pour half a ladle of batter into the skillet.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until the edges cook. Flip and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Repeat this step with the remaining Batter.
- Serve with more fresh Blueberries and Maple Syrup on top.
How to use frozen Blueberries?
Frozen Blueberries can easily be used instead of fresh Blueberries. Rinse Blueberries in cold tap water until they separate. OR, Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Do not thaw them on the counter.
Dry the Berries using clean Kitchen towels before use.
More Blueberry Recipes
- Blueberry Cobbler (Gluten Free)
- American Flag Cherry Blueberry Pie
- Blueberry Dump Cake
- Blueberry Donuts
- Blueberry Chamomile Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- Best Homemade Blueberry Pie
- Classic Southern Blueberry Muffins
- Blueberry Crumb Cake
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Hand Pies
Top with Blueberry Sauce
Generally these Blueberry Pancakes tastes just perfect with just a slice of butter and Maple Syrup on top.
However, you can make a quick Blueberry Sauce. Just combine Blueberries with Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest and Sugar in a food processor. OR, Add them to a skillet and bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally.
Once the sauce is made, stir in some cornstarch slurry (1 tablespoon of Cornstarch & Water, each). Whisk until the sauce thickens.
You can drizzle this Blueberry Sauce over the Pancake stack and serve!
Make Ahead Instructions
You can make the Pancake Batter the night before. It will save you many steps for the morning after.
Also, making the Pancake Batter and refrigerating it overnight, makes Pancakes even fluffier and softer.
I do not prefer Pancake mix, however, you can use Pancake Mix and mix it along with Ricotta Cheese, Maple Syrup, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest and Blueberries.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
- Double Chocolate Pancakes with Strawberries
- Nutella Crepes with Fresh Strawberries
- Lemon Blueberry Scones
- Banana Chocolate Chip Scones
- Cheese Rosemary Scones
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Fresh Strawberry Bread (GF)
- Peanut butter Banana Bread
Healthy Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
- ½ cups Almond Flour or Coconut Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder gluten free kind
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoon Maple Syrup more to drizzle on top while serving
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Almond Milk more if needed, can use Soy Milk
- 4 large Eggs at room temp
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese use whole milk Ricotta Cheese for best flavors
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Zest zest from one lemon
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen (more for topping)
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter for the girdle
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together, Almond Flour, Baking Soda, and Kosher Salt. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together Eggs, Maple Syrup, Vanilla Extract, Ricotta Cheese, Almond Milk, Lemon Juice and Lemon Zest. Whisk until combined.
- Now gently stir in the dry mixture into the wet mixture. If your batter is too thin, then stir in a tablespoon of Almond Flour. Also if your batter is too thick, stir in a tablespoon of Almond milk. Fold until combined and lump free. Gently stir in the Blueberries.
- Heat a girdle or skillet over medium heat. Add a slice of butter to it. As the butter melts, pour half a ladle of the Pancake Batter (about 2 tbsp) to the girdle. (HINT: Remember that these are more delicate that regular flour pancakes, so its important to keep them small)Cook for 3 minutes until the edges get firm and the Pancake puffs up. Flip and cook the other side for 3-4 minutes. (Reduce the heat to low after cooking pancakes as the skillet starts to hold residual heat, and so that the middle cooks perfectly) Grease the girdle again and repeat this step with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with fresh Blueberries and Maple Syrup on top.