Taco Bell Chicken Quesadillas are seriously the best Quesadillas ever. It's made with chicken, cheese, and flour tortillas. Served with sour cream, lettuce, Pico de Gallo, and Chillis. It's a quick and easy lunch or dinner recipe that takes just 35-40 minutes. Have you tried my Buffalo Chickpea Quesadillas with Mexican Cheese Sauce or White Bean Quesadillas
Hey guys! Today I thought of sharing with you guys one of the most loved and enjoyed recipes in my family. These Chicken Quesadillas are just like the ones from a Taco Bell. In fact, I might even say that they are even better.
A Mexican dinner night in my home is always about Tacos or Quesadillas. We love it so so much. It's just so easy to make and is just so tasty!
Ingredients used to make Taco Bell Chicken Quesadillas
- 4 tablespoon Vegetable Oil - To sear the chicken and then to make the sauce.
- 2 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour - To make the creamy white sauce.
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth - To make the Sauce smooth and silky.
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin - For that authentic Mexican flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder - For the perfect Mexican spiciness
- 1/2 teaspoon Taco Seasoning - For that perfect street style taste
- Salt & Pepper - To season the filling & some more before tossing the chicken in the skillet.
- 2 tablespoon Valentina Hot Sauce - For the spice in the Quesadillas
- 2 cup Cooked Shredded Chicken - Well, it's Chicken Quesadilla!
- 3 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese (you can substitute this with Mozzarella or Oaxaca cheese or a combination of Mozzarella & Monterey Jack. Read more about best cheese for Quesadilla below)
- 2 Flour Tortillas (8-Inch) - You can also use a 10-inch one if you love more filling.
How to make Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla?
Quesadillas are excellent snacks as well as lunch. And the best part is that you can make it so easily. In fact, just cheese would be enough.
- First: Season Chicken with Salt and pepper. Sear chicken in a pan with some oil until completely cooked through. Cool them down and Shred it with a fork.
- Second: In the same pan add flour and chicken broth. Cook for 30-seconds. Take it off the heat.
- Third: Season the sauce with Ground Cumin, Chili Powder, Salt, Freshly Grounded Black Pepper, Taco Seasoning, and hot Valentina Sauce. Add in chicken and cheese and mix everything well.
- Last & Final: Butter the tortillas. Add the cheesy chicken filling on one side and fold it. Bake it in a preheated oven at 420F for 10-minutes. You can also cook it in the skillet.
How to Make Quesadillas in the Skillet?
Generally, Quesadillas are made in the skillet. But, the first thing that you should do is preheat your skillet. Once your skillet is hot add butter and makes your tortillas crisp. If you add too much stuffing to your Quesadilla it will definitely spillover and you will also have a hard time picking it over from the skillet.
Transfer the tortilla to the skillet with the buttered side down. Add the filling and fold it over. Let it cook until the bottom turns golden brown. Flip over and brown the other side as well.
How to Cook Quesadillas in the Oven?
If you want to cook your Quesadillas in the oven, then just brush butter on your cooked tortillas. (If you got uncooked tortillas, then you might want to toss it on the skillet for a while) Bake them at 420F for approximately 10-minutes. Adding a little butter to the Quesadillas makes sure that they are perfectly golden brown on top.
What Cheese is Best for Quesadillas?
When we are making Quesadillas people are always confused about what kind of cheese to choose. Well, all your doubts will come to an end right here.
These are the cheese which you can use with quesadillas.
- Mexican Cheese - Oaxaca Cheese or Quesillo. Don't confuse this with Asadero cheese. Many people will sell you Asadero cheese saying it's Oaxaca. But, it's not. Since Asadero is found in northern Mexico, so we can easily find it here in the Southern United States. Oaxaca is similar to Monterey jack but has a string-like texture just as we see in Mozzarella. Asadero is slightly softer in texture than Oaxaca and is generally used in Mexican chili recipes.
- Monterey Jack - Can't find Mexican Cheese? No issues. Simply go for United State's MOST LOVED CHEESE instead.
- Mozzarella Cheese - Yup! Quesadillas are generally made with Mozzarella cheese all around the globe.
- Cheddar Cheese - Though people say don't go for cheddar cheese while making quesadillas. I tend to always ignore this fact. Cheddar cheese goes perfectly well with Quesadillas. You can also add a little Mozzarella to make it more delightful.
How Do You Add Flavor to a Quesadilla?
Basically, you can make your Quesadilla in any way you want and it will still be amazing to eat. After all, this recipe is like the easiest and tastiest recipe out there.
Basically, you can add Shrimps or any sort of meat or simply cheese and some veggies to give flavor to your Quesadillas.
If you are making a Vegetarian Quesadilla then there are many options that you might like to think about. Starting from Mushrooms to beans (black beans or Canneli Beans), to Quinoa to Grilled Corn and etc.
Besides that, you can stuff your Quesadilla with Chicken or Shrimps or Italian Sausages and etc.
Corn Tortillas or Flour Tortillas?
Generally, all over Mexico, you will find people making Quesadillas with Corn Tortillas. But, here in the states, what we find is whole wheat flour tortillas.
But, seriously both are absolutely good. You can use what you get.
What goes good with Mexican Chicken Quesadillas?
Planning to serve Quesadillas to your family tonight? Well, You can serve these recipes along with your chicken quesadillas.
- Sweet Potato Salad - with the Thanksgiving season around the corner, you might want to make this salad. Learn the recipe at Peas and Crayons.
- Traditional Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad with Feta & Pistachios - A classic side for a Mexican dish.
- Mexican Corn Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing - Quesadillas goes amazingly well with this salad.
- Southwestern Quinoa Black Bean Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette dressing - Another comforting salad that goes well with Quesadillas.
- Black Bean and Corn Salad with Lime Dressing - Super amazing Tex-Mex salad that pairs well with Chicken Quesadillas.
More Mexican Recipes
- Nacho Cheese Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Grilled Chipotle Chicken Pepper Tacos
- Grilled Corn Mango Salsa
- Crispy Baked Chili Lime Chick Peas
- Chipotle Grilled Chicken Pineapple Tacos
If you are making this recipe, then please provide a rating to this recipe. And please leave a comment below. Also, if you can take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik and tag recipemagik it will be so good.
Taco Bell Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- ½ teaspoon Salt Adjust as per taste (TO SEASON CHICKEN)
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper Adjust as per taste (TO SEASON CHICKEN)
- 4 Tablespoon Olive Oil and some more to make the sauce
- 2 Tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ Cup Chicken Broth
- ¼ Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Taco Seasoning
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt Adjust as per taste
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper or as per taste
- 2 Tablespoon Valentina Hot Sauce
- 2 8-inch Flour Tortillas
- 2 Tablespoon Butter to brush on the tortillas
- Preheat oven to 420F or 220C.
- Season Chicken with Salt and Pepper. Set Aside.
- In a skillet heat some vegetable oil and as the oil shimmers add chicken chunks and cook both sides until both sides are browned and the chicken is completely cooked through. Keep Stirring Occasionally. It takes about 6-minutes on medium-high heat. Once it's done, take it off the heat. Bring it down to room temperature and shred it with the help of a fork.
- In the same skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. As the Oil shimmers add Flour and stir well for about 30-seconds until the flour gets fragrant. Add Chicken broth and cook for another 2-minutes. Take it off the heat.
- Once you've taken it off the heat, add ground cumin, chili powder, taco seasoning, a pinch of salt, and some ground black pepper. Add hot sauce and mix it well.Add the chicken along with cheese and mix everything well.
- Brush the top of the tortilla with butter. Add the cheesy chicken filling on one side of the tortilla. Fold it over and repeat with the rest.
- Bake this in a preheated oven at 420F for 10-minutes.
- Cut tortillas into three small wedges. Serve with Guacamole, Sour Cream, and Pico de Gallo.
- Salsa Recipe Here
Ask Me Anything