Grilled Chipotle Chicken Pepper Tacos is an easy and perfect weeknight dinner recipe. Chicken breasts are tossed with Taco Seasoning, Garlic, Olive Oil, Cumin, Chili, and Chipotle Chili spice mix is grilled and filled inside Taco shells along with Pepper, Slaw, Red Onions, and a super-easy Sourcream - cilantro-lime crema. Topped with a final drizzle of zesty time, this Grilled Chipotle Chicken Pepper Tacos is filled with zesty summer flavors.
Hello everyone! It might be the end of summers but Taco Tuesday is still a thing here at our home. And this grilled Chicken Pepper Tacos with Chipotle spice mix is so flavorful. Its a street style recipe bursting with Mexican flavors.
Tacos are one of our family favourite meals. Especially after a long and tiring day, this makes for the perfect dinner in my home. My kids love it and I love it so much. Most of the time, it's my kids who make these Tacos at home. Today, I thought of making this Chicken Pepper Taco. This is such a popular recipe at our home and I thought sharing it with you guys will definitely be worth it. We love to have this Chipotle Seasoned Grilled Chicken Pepper Tacos for the summers. In fact, we also use the leftovers to make a layered Taco Casserole! Yes...we are a Taco crazy family! 🙂 We like it without Avocado and without any dressing or sauce. Just a simple Cilantro Lime drizzle is all we want in these Tacos. So basic yet so flavorful!
This Chipotle Chicken Pepper Taco is so much like a saucy and spicy Chicken Fajita Taco. The only difference is we don't use a whole lot of pepper for this recipe. Just one kind or the one we have at hand and it's done. Also, we cut out on the sauces. This is pretty simple and so easy to make.
The Chipotle Spice Mix and the Paprika makes the Chicken seasoning quite spicy. If you are not a fan of spicy food, then you should reduce the amount of Chipotle spice mix you are using. But the real flavors are in the spices guys. Especially the Cilantro-Lime Crema works like a magic in bringing everything together.
This Chipotle Grilled Chicken Pepper taco is kind of my re-invention. I got the inspiration to make this from the classic Chicken Tacos. However, the Chicken Marinade with Chipotle Spice Mix along with Taco Seasoning makes all the difference in the flavors. Also, the grilled chicken breasts have a charred flavor to it which is so different that a saucy Chicken Fajita.
Grilled Chipotle Chicken Pepper Tacos BASIC INGREDIENTS:
- Skinned Chicken Breasts - Unlike other Tacos, I have used Chicken Breasts instead of thighs. Breasts cook very quickly and are perfect when you are looking to make a quick Taco recipe. Also, I have grilled my Chicken breasts for just 3 minutes on both sides and they were perfectly done.
- Chipotle Spice Mix - Chipotle Spice mix is actually really very spicy. It enhances the flavor of grilled chicken.
- Taco Seasoning - An authentic Taco Seasoning brings out the true Mexican street flavors in your taco.
- Garlic - Garlic does the magic of the spices in a Taco. I have used Garlic powder and chopped garlic in the marinade and its so good.
- Pepper - I have used crunchy green Bell Pepper for my Tacos. You can use any pepper you have at hand.
- Onions - I prefer to use Red Onions for my Mexican style tacos, as it truly brings out the street style flavors.
- Ground Cumin - Cumin is undoubtedly the most important ingredient in a Taco. You cannot think of a Mexican recipe without Cumin and Paprika.
- Cilantro Lime Crema - This is a very basic Crema in which I have just combined Sour Cream with Lemon Juice and Cilantro. Makes for a perfect topping on the spicy Tacos as it binds all the flavors together.
You can grill the chicken in the oven as well. Just choose the Grill mode and grill the chicken until charred on both sides. Should take about 5 minutes each side.
Grilled Chipotle Chicken Pepper Tacos
For Chicken Marinade
- 1 lbs Boneless Chicken Breasts
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Spice Mix
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 3 medium sized Tortilla shells
- 1 medium sized Red Onion chopped
- 1 medium sized Tomato chopped
- 1 medium sized Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 3 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 cup Slaw
Cilantro Lime Crema
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- In a bowl, combine all the Chicken Marinade ingredients and mix well. Add the chicken pieces and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat Canola oil in a Grill Pan and Grill the Chicken until it gets charred from both sides.Cool the chicken and cut into bite-sized chunks.
- Lightly toast the Tortilla shell and fill it with the coleslaw, the onions, pepper, tomato, and the Chicken Pieces. Drizzle Lime Juice on top.
- To make this No Mayonnaise Crema, combine sour cream with cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Mix everything and drizzle over your Tacos. Enjoy!