Easy Buffalo Chicken Pizza with creamy homemade blue cheese dressing, topped with shredded chicken tossed in buffalo sauce, and lots of ooey-gooey Mozzarella cheese is something that you would want to make right away.
Super easy and super flavorful this cheesy, delicious dinner recipe definitely deserves a place in your weekly dinner rotation.
I am sure you love everything buffalo. So make sure you try: Buffalo Chicken Taquitos, Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese, Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole, Baked Buffalo Wings, Buffalo Chickpea Quesadillas, Buffalo Cauliflower Burrito, Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos, and Buffalo chicken Enchilada Bites before you go.
What is Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Buffalo Chicken Pizza is nothing but cooked shredded chicken tossed in Buffalo Sauce and topped over pizza crust with blue cheese dressing and ooey-gooey Mozzarella Cheese. All the magic lies in the Buffalo sauce.
Instead of Shredded chicken, you can also use cooked chicken cubes (if you like).
Where did Buffalo Chicken Pizza Originate
History has it that this delicious Buffalo Chicken Pizza originates from Buffalo, New York. From the mid-sixties until today, Buffalo Chicken Pizza, Buffalo wings have been widely popular all over America. And people from all walks of life enjoy it thoroughly.
Be it a party or a pizza night, Buffalo Chicken Pizza is a MUST. Traditionally the crust is smeared with ranch dressing and sprinkled with a generous amount of Mozzarella Cheese. Then it is topped with Cooked Chicken cubes tossed in Frank's sauce. Once it is baked it is garnished with diced celery (this has been going on for ages), bleu cheese crumbles, chives, chopped green onions, white and red onion rings.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Ingredients
- Refrigerated Pizza Dough or homemade Pizza Dough - Make sure to check out the recipe for homemade pizza dough without yeast below.
- Cooked Chicken (shredded) - Cook Chicken and shred them using two forks.
- Buffalo Sauce - It is spicy but it is what brings the flavors to our chicken
- Mozzarella Cheese - Ooey Gooey Mozzarella Cheese is ideal to make the buffalo chicken pizza taste good.
Blue Cheese Dressing Ingredients
- Blue Cheese Crumbles - In case you don't have blue cheese crumbles you can use Feta Crumbles.
- Yogurt - Tarty Yogurt adds a creamy touch to your blue cheese dressing. You can replace this with Sour Cream as well.
- fresh chopped parsley or cilantro - Just a touch of fresh greens to make it taste amazing.
- Garlic cloves - Few cloves of garlic will add a wonderful flavor to your dressing.
- Worcestershire Sauce - This sauce adds a creamy touch to your Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
- Cider Vinegar - Cider vinegar makes your creamy dressing tarty and all the more flavorful.
- Salt and Pepper - A little seasoning is so important.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
Homemade Buffalo Chicken Pizza requires just four basic ingredients - a pizza crust, blue cheese dressing, buffalo sauce, shredded cooked chicken, and of course lots and lots of Mozzarella cheese.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza is widely available in most Pizza outlets all over the world. It is insanely popular and I bet you've had it at least once. But, do you ever wonder the ingredients that go into making this delicious, cheesy, and drool-worthy Buffalo Chicken Pizza?
You can use a homemade pizza dough (without yeast) to make the base or a store-bought pizza base and smear your blue cheese dressing on it. Next, top it with a generous layer of Mozzarella Cheese.
And, finally, top it with shredded cooked chicken tossed in spicy buffalo sauce. And, simply stick it in the oven for 10-minutes at 450 degrees F.
Your pizza will be ready in simply no time.
Recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pizza
In case you want to make the dough first, you should see the recipe linked above. Or else if you want to save time you can use a store-bought pizza crust.
I try to keep the recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pizza pretty simple and straightforward. I believe you have all the amazing flavors that you need in your pizza in the hot sauce itself. And therefore this makes our task a whole lot easier.
I love the base layer of creamy blue cheese dressing. You can also buy blue cheese dressing from your local markets. But these days, I try to make everything from scratch at home.
Finally, Top with a generous amount of Mozzarella Cheese.
Next, combine shredded cooked chicken with buffalo sauce. Stir well to combine.
Top your Pizza with Shredded Cooked Chicken tossed in buffalo sauce.
And then bake at 450 degrees F for 10-minutes.
How to Make Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing (aka Buffalo Chicken Pizza Sauce)
In a food processor, pulse blue cheese crumbles, yogurt, chopped parsley, garlic cloves, Worcestershire Sauce, Cider Vinegar, Salt, and Pepper.
Pulse it in the food processor until creamy and smooth. There you go, your blue cheese dressing is ready. Ain't that easy? Spread the blue cheese dressing on the pizza crust.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Topping
Traditionally Buffalo Chicken Pizza is topped with finely diced celery, chopped green onions, blue cheese crumbles, white or red onion rings, and of course some finishing touches of chives.
But, these days you can customize it as per your choice. You can add any topping that you like to your Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
Calories in Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Heads up this Buffalo Chicken Pizza Nutritional value is an approximate estimated calculation. It may vary based on how you cook and the brands of ingredients that you use. This Buffalo chicken pizza has 357 calories. It has approximately 4grams of carbohydrate, 20-25g of Fat, and about 40g of Protein.
Is Buffalo Chicken Pizza Healthy?
Now, coming back to this question. I would say it depends on you. 357 calories are not much. And I am sure 4 grams of carbohydrate is not bad either. But, depending upon how many calories you need for the day you need to decide that for yourself. But, if you ask me, I would say, it is "healthy".
Can I Make Buffalo Chicken Pizza with Ranch?
Well, yes, that's a brilliant idea. In case you want that creamy ranch flavor to feel free to use it up as the base spread on your Pizza Crust.
If you are using ranch dressing then you can skip blue cheese dressing. My suggestion would be to combine ranch dressing with some yogurt or sour cream. Stir well to combine. And then spread it on your pizza crust.
Do You Put Tomato Sauce on Buffalo Chicken Pizza?
The answer is - YES. But it is totally optional. You can add tomato sauce on top while serving. Since tomato sauce has a sweetish touch it balances the heat from the hot sauce. I love tomato sauce and therefore I use it on my Buffalo Chicken Pizza all the time.
Can I Make It Ahead of time?
Yes, you can.
Pizza Dough: You can prepare the pizza dough and keep it wrapped in the freezer with plastic wrap. Before using, make sure you thaw it out in the refrigerator overnight.
Blue Cheese Dressing: You can also keep the blue cheese dressing in an airtight container. But, do not freeze it. Make sure you keep it in the refrigerator and consume it within 3-5 days.
Cooked Shredded Chicken: Lastly, you can also keep the cooked shredded chicken in the freezer. We do it all the time. Just make sure you store them properly. Keep it in an air-tight container and freeze it for 3-months.
Before using, make sure you thaw everything in the refrigerator overnight.
How to Store the Leftovers?
It's pretty rare that you will have leftovers from the deliciously cheesy buffalo chicken pizza. But, in case you do, you can do the following:
Cut Pizza Slices. Stack them on a dinner plate with parchment paper or foil between each slice. Wrap the entire thing with plastic wrap tightly. Place it in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Do not keep it longer than that in the fridge as it will start to spoil. But, if you want to store it for a longer duration you can freeze this for 2-months.
How to Reheat Frozen Buffalo Chicken Pizza?
This is definitely the best way to reheat Frozen Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
- Thaw: Thaw on the countertop for at least an hour.
- Place in a Dry Skillet: Place cold Pizza Slices, crust side down on a dry skillet. Do not add water or oil.
- Let it heat for 8-minutes: Set the heat to low. Cover it with a lid and let it heat for 5-8 minutes. Do not open the lid under any circumstances.
Make sure you do not add any water or oil while re-heating your pizza. Secondly, do not peek or try to flip while the pizza is getting heated.
Other Pizza Recipes you can try:
- Butter Chicken Pizza
- Pesto Caprese Pasta Pizza
- American Flag Fruit Pizza - Red, White and Blue Dessert Pizza
- The Best Homemade Pan Pizza Recipe (No-Yeast) | Crispy, Cheesy & So Easy
- Spider Pizza Bites for Halloween
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 ball Pizza dough refrigerated or homemade
- 2 cups Shredded Cooked Chicken
- ⅓ Cup Buffalo Sauce
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
Ingredients for Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- ¼ Cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- ¼ Cup Yogurt
- 1 bunch Fresh Chopped Cilantro or Parsley
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp. Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Cider Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
Make Blue Cheese Dressing
- In a food processor combine the ingredients for Blue Cheese dressing. Pulse until creamy and smooth. Take it out in a bowl and set it aside.
Prepare cooked chicken
- In a medium-sized bowl combine Cooked Shredded Chicken with Buffalo Sauce. Stir well to combine.
Make the Pizza
- Smear Blue Cheese Dressing on the base of the Pizza Crust. Preheat Oven to 450 degrees F
- Top with 2 cups of shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- Add Cooked Shredded Chicken tossed in Buffalo Sauce on the pizza. Bake in a preheated oven at 450 degrees F for 10-minutes. Add your favorite topping and serve right away.