Butter Chicken Pizza – A crusty, crunchy, pizza base with a layer of homemade authentic Butter Chicken topped with veggies and lots and lots of cheese makes for a fabulous snack that you would be cherished for a long long time.
Butter chicken is a recipe that can never really leave me. Whenever I want to have something “really good”, whenever I want to give a treat to my taste buds or whenever it's my kid's birthday or my husband’s birthday – butter chicken is the first thing that comes to my mind. You can understand how I relate Butter Chicken to the truest version of happiness in my life.
However, the problem is I do not like saving things. I know you must be thinking bad of me. But I am being totally honest with you. I like to gobble up every last bit of butter chicken. However, yesterday, I had to convince myself for about an hour to save up some for a thin crust butter chicken pizza. This is a recipe that I used to see in the menus of top pizza chains. And, today, I wanted to try it. I was excited about it.
So, with a fresh new morning, I was ready to make a tasty restaurant style – Butter Chicken Pizza.
WATCH ME MAKE IT
How to Make Butter Chicken Pizza at home?
Before we begin I recommend you head over to This article - Thin Crust Pan Pizza Recipe for some important tips and tricks.
Making Butter Chicken Pizza on a Stove Top
- The First step of making the pizza is making the pizza dough. You can read this article on making a thin crust pizza dough at home without yeast – a recipe which is extremely popular on this blog.
- The Second Step - Making Butter Chicken: Once your pizza dough has been made and is resting for a while, you can keep your butter chicken out in the open so that it becomes ready to use. In case you want to make butter chicken then just jump over to this Authentic Butter Chicken Recipe on my blog while I wait for you right here.
- Preparing the Veggies - Okie Dokie! I guess your Butter Chicken is ready! Right? Now, let’s move on to chop some veggies for our topping. For the Topping we will be needing some red onion (even white onions would work), some green bell peppers (also some red if you want that pop of color), and some tomatoes (optional). For the topping, I have also added some thinly sliced Jalapenos and Olives. But you can totally omit that if you don’t like the taste of it.
- Rolling the Dough: While rolling the pizza dough I recommend dusting your work surface with some semolina for that extra bit of crunch that we all want in our pizza. If you don’t have semolina or you don’t want to use it for any reason you can use AP Flour or some Corn-starch. Roll it as large as you can.
- Finally, let’s make our pizza. I have used a skillet to make my pizza because I am quite comfortable working on a stovetop than an oven. But, you can totally make this in an oven. I will explain the details below. For our pizza first, we add some canola oil – you can also use some vegetable oil – into our pan. Then we carefully place the rolled-out pizza dough on the pan.
- [Important] – Once you’ve added your pizza dough on the pan, you need to make some intendants with a fork. This will create air pockets in your pizza base resulting in a fluffy, airy, thin-crust pizza base.
- The GOOD Part – This is the time when you add your flavorful butter chicken all over the pizza base. Distribute it evenly. Don’t worry, if some of the gravy spread to the side.
- Top it with some Topping – Once you’ve added your butter chicken, it is time for you to add your toppings. I guess you must have already prepared them. So, throw them in. Let’s create a jungle of veggies that hides the butter chicken. So, that no one would know that there is tasty, creamy, butter chicken inside.
- The Final Step – No pizza is complete without some cheese. Hence, grab your Mozzarella cheese. Shred about ½ cup of it. And, sprinkle it all over your pizza.
- Now, just cover it with any utensil for about 5 minutes and cook on medium flame.
And, that’s how you make your Butter Chicken Pizza at home on a skillet.
Making Butter Chicken Pizza in an Oven
Now, I am gonna teach you how to make Butter Chicken Pizza at home in an Oven
- Preheating - Start with Prehearing your oven to 475F or 245C.
- Making the Pizza Dough – First, we will make our pizza dough. You can follow the instructions as per my blog (linked above) and that will make you excellent pizza dough. Rest the dough with a plastic wrap and let it sit for some time.
- Making Authentic Restaurant Style Butter Chicken - In the meantime make the Butter Chicken. Since this is a butter chicken pizza – first make some butter chicken. Follow the recipe as per my blog (linked above) and you’ll have a tasty, creamy butter chicken ready in just 30-45 minutes or less.
- Rolling the Dough: When rolling the dough, flour the work surface and gently roll it as large as you can. It should be about ½ inch thick. Make dents with a fork to prevent bubbling.
- Dust the Pizza stone or Pizza Pan with cornmeal so that the crust is crispy and crusty.
- Add the topping – First layer with Butter Chicken. Then top it with your chopped veggies. I have used some chopped red onions (even white onions would be fine), some diced bell peppers (I have used green. You can also add some red for a dramatic pop of color), Olives, Jalapeno slices and some chopped tomatoes (optional). Top with some cheese and its ready to go in the oven.
- Getting the Pizza Baked – Bake the pizza at 475F OR 245C for 10-15 minutes or until you see the crust browning from the sides.
And, Voila! Your Butter Chicken Pizza is READY!
Butter Chicken Pizza
- 1 Medium-sized Pizza Base
- ½ Cup Makhani sauce
- ¼ Cup Grilled Chicken Cubes
- 2 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 Medium-sized Red Onion chopped
- 1 Medium-sized Green Bell Peppers diced
- 2 Small Jalapenos sliced
- 1 handful Black Olives
- 2 Cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 teaspoon Oregano for topping
- 2 teaspoon Tomato Sauce (optional) for topping
- Heat Some Canola oil in a frying Pan and add the Pizza Dough on it
- Pour the Butter Chicken with the Makhani Sauce and grilled chicken cubes over the pizza base also add in the chopped onions, peppers, jalapenos and olives. Top with Mozzarella Cheese
- Cover Cook the Pizza for 5 to 7 minutes. Top with Oregano and Tomato Ketchup.
- Cut the Pizza into slices and serve.
- Check out my blog post on how to make Authentic Butter Chicken at home.
- Refer to this blog on how to make Pizza Dough at home without yeast.
- Read the Blog post above to see how to Make Butter Chicken Pizza in an Oven.
Ask Me Anything