Baked Buffalo Wings are a super-popular game day wings that I am sure no one will say no to any time of the day. Crispy Wings coated in flavorful wing sauce is something that you cannot get enough of.
Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings Recipe
I love Buffalo wings so much that I actually hide them from my family and eat it all up alone. Call me insensitive. Call me insane. But, there is nothing I love more than Buffalo Wings. And it's not just buffalo wings. I think I am in love with everything buffalo. Be it Buffalo Chickpea Quesadillas or Buffalo Cauliflower Burrito or Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos or Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas or Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels.
Buffalo Wings without Baking Powder
I prefer buffalo wings without baking powder. And, I have made it a habit to avoid baking powder especially when I am frying something. The prime reason people use baking powder is to make our food crispy. But, do you know that baking powder contains aluminum which is contagious for your health. Not just that, but too much baking powder doesn't make your wings crispy but actually makes it taste all the more bitter. I have actually experienced this while testing this recipe.
And, so, I definitely DO NOT recommend using baking powder to make Buffalo wings. We are gonna use our good 'ol friend - flour to do the job.
How to make Buffalo Wings?
Step 1: Pat Dry the Wings using a Kitchen Towel
Pat dry the wings using a kitchen towel and dredge them in flour and salt.
Step 2: Bake
Place these wings on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F for 15-18 minutes. Toss after 7-minutes.
Step 3: Make the sauce
In a bowl combine hot sauce, melted butter, Brown sugar, and Pepper. Once the Chicken Wings get baked and look crispy. Drizzle this sauce over the chicken.
Step 4: Serve with Dip
Serve them with any dip or aioli that you like.
What To Serve this with?
Generally, Buffalo wings are served with Blue Cheese Sauce. But since, I didn't have access to blue cheese at the moment, so I served my wings with Yogurt. And they tasted so good. You can also serve your Buffalo wings with ranch dressing.
Other Chicken Wings you can try:
- Tandoori Chicken Wings (in Air Fryer & in Oven)
- Crispy Baked Thai Chicken Wings
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Sticky and Spicy Korean Chicken Wings
- Extra Crispy Cajun Dry Rub Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
- Honey Garlic Chicken Wings (BAKED)
- Sriracha Wings (BAKED) Recipe
If you like this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik, so that I can see how it turned out.
Baked Buffalo Wings Recipe
For Chicken Wings
- 4 lbs Chicken Wings wingettes and Drumettes (Tips discarded)
- 5 Teaspoon Flour
- ¾ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce
- 1½ Tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Butter
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- Celery Sticks
- Plain Yogurt
- Preheat Oven: Preheat Oven to 425 degrees F Pat Dry: Pat dry wings with a paper towel. Place them in a bowl. Make sure they are completely dry. (This is Important)Coat: Coat wings with Flour and Salt. Place them on a baking sheet (skin side up)
- Bake: Bake wings in a preheated Oven at 425 degrees F. It might take up to 1 hour, depending on the size of your wings. Toss and turn after every 20-minute. Cool: Remove from oven and let it stand for 5-10 minutes before coating it in the sauce.
Make Buffalo Sauce
- Stir Ingredients to make Sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat stir the sauce ingredients. Stir well until the sugar dissolves.Allow it to sit for a while before pouring the sauce on the wings.
- Coat Sauce: Pour the sauce on the wings and coat them evenly. Serve right away with Yogurt or any dip or aioli you like.
Ask Me Anything