Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese - Cheesy, Comforting, and bursting with flavors this low carb and keto Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese is just so good. This is a Low Carb Cauliflower Mac and Cheese which means it is made without any noodles.
It helps you stay away from Unhealthy carbs. The Cauliflower is roasted in the oven and then tossed in a cheesy buffalo sauce. Finally, it is baked until the cheese gets bubbly.
If you want a crispy topping, then just combine some Panko Breadcrumbs with some softened butter and add it over the Mac and Cheese before baking. When this gets baked, the Breadcrumbs are going to get all toasty and are going to taste so amazing.
When it comes to Mac and Cheese, it's always about the noodles which add a comforting feel to this recipe. However, you're going to love the fact that I have not used any Noodles in this recipe. In fact, the Cauliflower which is roasted acts as a noodle in the cheesy sauce. And trust me, it doesn't get better than this. It's so much better than an actual Mac and Cheese and is always so delicious.
What You'll Love About this recipe
- Easy to Make - Talking
- Low Carb
- Extremely Healthy
- Comforting Flavors
- The crunch of roasted Cauliflower
- The sharp taste of Cheddar Cheese
- Mildy Spicy because of the Hot Sauce
- An After-taste of Milky Mozzarella
How to Make Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
STEP 1: Roast Cauliflower
- Cut Cauliflower head into small florets
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Toss with Olive Oil
- Bake @375F or 190C for 15 minutes.
- Flip midways, after 7 minutes.
STEP 2: Make Roux
- Melt butter in a Pan
- As the Butter shimmers, add 1 tablespoon of flour and saute until fragrant
- Add milk in streaming motion
- Toss until there are no lumps and the roux is creamy and smooth
STEP 3: Make Cheese Sauce
- Stir in Cheddar Cheese & Mozzarella Cheese in the roux
- Stir until the cheese melts
- Season the sauce with Salt & Pepper
STEP 4: Bake
- Pour the Cheese Sauce over the roasted Cauliflower
- Pour the Hot Sauce over this
- Toss to combine
- Sprinkle more Shredded Cheddar Cheese on top (for extra cheesiness!!!)
- Bake @ 350F(180C) for 20 minutes.
Serve when the cheese melts on top. This generally requires no garnish, however, you can add some chopped Parsley or Cilantro on top.
To add a crispy element to this Low Carb Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese, combine some Panko Breadcrumbs with some Paprika and softened butter. Sprinkle this over the Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese BEFORE Baking. This way, then this Low Carb Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese get baked, the Breadcrumb mixture will get nicely brown and toasty and shall taste all crispy and buttery.
You can make the Mac and Cheese, just do not bake it. Wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and then again with aluminum foil and refrigerate it for 304 days.
Or, You can roast the Cauliflower, wrap them up in plastic wrap, and store it in the refrigerator until further use. You can also, make the Cheese sauce separately and store it for 3 days in the refrigerator. However, do not freeze it.
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
For the Cheese Sauce
- 1 Stick Salted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Flour Use any GF Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shredded (reserve ½ cup of topping)
- ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper As Per Taste
- ¼ Cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F or 190°CCut Cauliflower into small florets. Place them on a baking sheet. Toss with Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper. Roast in a Preheated oven at 375°F OR 190°C for 15-minutes. Toss midways after 7-minutes.
- Melt butter in a pan. As the butter shimmers, add Flour and Saute until fragrant. Pour milk in streaming motion and stir frequently so that there are no lumps.
- Stir in Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese and Shredded Mozzarella Cheese in the Roux. Add Salt and Freshly cracked Black Pepper. Stir until the cheese gets melty over low heat.
- Finally, stir in Cauliflower. Add Hot Sauce. Stir well to combine. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Prepare a 9x9 in a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil or butter. Place your buffalo cauliflower mac and cheese in the baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 20-minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve right away.