Buffalo Chicken Taquitos - Crispy Taquitos with a spicy and creamy Buffalo Chicken filling inside and topped with Blue Cheese dressing, chopped cilantro, and shredded Cheddar Cheese. Easy and quick Baked Chicken Taquitos are a family favorite Mexican dinner recipe. It's perfect for the summers. It's so easy to make and is baked so is naturally a healthy choice than take away deep-fried Tacos. I have also, written on how to make these Buffalo Chicken Taquitos in the Air Fryer. Read the directions below.
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Hey friends. So, the Summers are finally here and this warm weather gets me all excited to make simple and easy Mexican recipes that are perfect for a quick lunch or a lazy dinner. And what better than Tacos right. It's super cheesy and delicious with a spicy Buffalo Chicken Filling on the inside and that's what makes this so good. Trust me, you will love these Taquitos. Every bite of these feels like a bite of heaven.
Cheesy, Creamy, Not too spicy, Shredded Chicken so all the flavors are mixed equally, crispy exterior and cheesy center with the right amount of kick with that Buffalo Sauce. Super yummy!!!
Ingredients needed to make Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Shredded Chicken
- Cream Cheese
- Buffalo Sauce
- Colby Jack Cheese
- Blue Cheese Crumble
- Ranch Dressing
- Cayenne Pepper
- Ground Cumin
- Dried Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
How to make Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Below is a brief description of the Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos Recipe. You can find the detailed recipe card below and also watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: Make the filling
In a bowl, combine Chicken with Cheese and spices. Add the ranch dressing and toss to combine everything.
STEP 2: Place them in Tortillas
Place the filling in the Tortillas. Roll the Taquitos.
STEP 3: Bake the Taquitos.
Place the Taquitos in a greased baking dish. Brush olive oil over the Taquitos. Bake @ 450F for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
STEP 4: Serve
Garnish with Hot Sauce, Sour Cream, or Blue Cheese Dressing and serve with some shredded Cheddar and chopped Cilantro on top.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Taquitos in Air Fryer?
The first two steps remain the same. Make the filling and roll the Taquitos.
Next, place them in the air fryer. (seam side down). You can brush the top with olive oil and air fry the Taquitos @350F or 180C for 8-10 minutes.
Tips to make the best Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Keep the Warm - Taquitos will remain crispy only if they are kept warm. So, it's best to keep them in the hot baking dish even after they get baked. The hot temperature will keep the Taquitos extra crispy, even after they cool down.
- Damp the Tortillas - Many times our Tortillas dry out keeping in the refrigerator and they might break apart while rolling. So, for those times, just dampen the Tortillas and then toast them lightly on the stove until pliable. This will make sure your Tortillas never break apart
- Seal the Taquitos - Many times, Taquitos, tend to unroll. For those times, just seal the Taquitos with a toothpick. You can bake or air fry these Taquitos with the Toothpick and once it's done baking, carefully remove the Toothpicks
- Don't use Corn Tortillas - I highly recommend you USE FLOUR TORTILLAS, for this recipe. Flour Tortillas crisps up perfectly in the oven or in the air fryer. And Corn Tortillas, generally cook even quicker so chances are they might get burnt in the oven or in the Air Fryer.
Other Mexican Recipes you will love
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos (Air Fryer & Baked)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken with Cream Cheese, Shredded Colby Jack Cheese, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Hot Sauce, Ranch Dressing, Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, and Ground Cumin. Toss to combine everything and keep it aside.
- Place the Filling at the edge of the Tortilla. Roll the Taquitos tightly. Brush Olive Oil over the Taquitos. Bake them @450F for 8-10 minutes or Air Fry @350F for 10 minutes. Place the Taquitos seam side down and then cook them. Once cooked, take them out on a plate.
- Serve the Taquitos with buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing on top. Also, add some chopped Cilantro and shredded Cheddar Cheese on top. Enjoy!