Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Bites makes for a quick bite-sized appetizer for game day or any other occasion. It's super easy to make and is always a perfect appetizer. These Chicken Enchilada bites take less than 30 minutes to prepare and are a total crowd-pleaser.
Hey friends, with Superbowl around the corner, it's the right time to think about quick appetizers for Game Day. While I'm not into football, I like to make recipes for the occasion. While my kids are busy watching the game, I like to make easy appetizers for Gameday which are perfect for the occasion.
We love Enchiladas in our place and these adorable and quick Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Bites are just the perfect way to enjoy Enchiladas if you're ina hurry or you need to make it for the crowd.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Bites
This Buffalo Chicken Enchilada bite takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. If you're making it for a crowd, then I suggest making it ahead of time in the slow cooker. Find all the instructions below.
First, cook the chicken in the oven. I like to use Chicken Breasts for this recipe as they get cooked very quickly and are so easy to shred. Cook the Chicken breast in the oven at full power for 10 minutes with some water. Get them out, and shred them using two forks.
Second, toss the Chicken with Buffalo Sauce, Chipotle Adobo Sauce, Taco Seasoning, Enchilada Sauce, Salt & Pepper. Keep aside.
Third, to make the creamy Green Chili Enchilada Sauce, combine softened cream cheese with Old El Paso Green Chile Enchilada Sauce. You can put both of these in the oven and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or just mix them in a skillet, put it on low heat, and stir until creamy and combined.
Fourth- Finally, toast the Tortillas and cut them into four equal halves. Place them in the muffin tin. Press it down, so that it holds a shape and you have a crevasse where you can put it in the filling.
Add the Shredded Chicken Mixture, followed by the Cheddar Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, and finally the Creamy Green Chili Enchilada Sauce. Top with some more Cheddar & Mozzarella Cheese.
Pop it in the oven at broil mode for 5 minutes or just until the cheese melts and gets slightly brown on the top.
Serve with some hot sauce and chopped cilantro on top.
Making this in the Slow Cooker
To make this in the slow cooker, Toss the Chicken Breasts with Taco Seasoning, Buffalo Sauce, Salt & Pepper. Cook on high for 3 hours.
After 3 hours, shred the Chicken Breasts using two forks. Now, add the Old El Paso Mild Enchilada Sauce and the Chipotle Adobo Sauce. Stir to combine everything and cook for 30 minutes.
Other Alternatives to this recipe:
- You can skip out on the Buffalo sauce and use Ranch Dressing instead if you want a creamy taste
- You can cook the chicken in the slow cooker
- You can cook the chicken in an Instant Pot
- You can replace Cheddar Cheese Blend with Monterrey Jack or Colby Jack Cheese
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Bites
- 4 pieces Chicken Breasts Boneless, Skinless
- 2 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1½ cup Old El Paso Mild Enchilada Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Adobo Sauce
- ¾ cup Buffalo Sauce more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese + Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 whole Tortillas
- chopped Cilantro for garnish
for Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
- 4 oz Softened Cream Cheese 1/2 stick
- 1½ cup Old El Paso Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- Take the Chicken Breasts in an oven-safe bowl with some water. Place it in the oven and microwave on high power for 5-10 minutes.After the Chicken gets cooked, shred it using two forks.
- Mix the Old El Paso Mild Enchilada Sauce, Buffalo Sauce, Chipotle Adobo Sauce, and Taco Seasoning with the Shredded Chicken. Season with salt & pepper. Keep aside.
- Microwave Cream Cheese chopped into cubes with Old El Paso Green Chile Enchilada Sauce for 2-3 min or until it gets smooth and creamy. Or melt Cream Cheese on a skillet over medium-low heat and pour in the Old El Paso Green Chile Enchilada Sauce. stir to combine.
- Toast the tortillas on the stovetop. Cut each Tortilla into four equal halves. place them in the muffin tin. Press it down to make a crevasse.Pour the chicken filling in the Tortilla Cups, followed by Cheddar Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, and the Creamy Green Chile Enchilada Sauce. Top with some more Cheese blend and pop it in the oven in the middle rack in broil mode for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese melts on top and gets slightly golden brown in color.
- Serve with chopped cilantro and hot sauce on top.
Ask Me Anything