Don't miss these easy Halloween Appetizers for Party which everyone will love ❤️
To make this recipe, you'll need a pack of brownie mix, egg, and milk.
I really want to make sure that the Halloween snacks are easy, kid-friendly, and spectacularly spooky at the same time.
To make things easier, I've replaced the traditional ingredients like butter, sugar, AP Flour, and Baking Powder. Instead of all that, I've used Betty Crocker's Brownie Mix (non-sponsored)
Making donuts has never been so easy. Just make the dough with those three ingredients and then roll the dough.
Cut out small portions of the dough and make donuts using your hands.
Alternatively, you can use a non-stick donut mold with 6 or 12 cavity to make your donuts.
Do try these Weirdly Wondorous Halloween Recipes 👻
More Halloween Recipes
- Brownie Mix
How to Make Monster Eye Donuts
- Step 1: Combine all the ingredients to make a dough
Combine brownie mix, egg, and milk in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Step 2: Make a dough
At this point, use your hands to knead it lightly on the kitchen surface and turn it into a soft, pliable dough.
- Step 3: Cut out small portions of the dough
Cut out small portions of the dough and roll it as a log. Join the ends and your donut is shaped.
Alternatively, you can use a donut mold to shape the donuts and then bake them.
- Step 4: Bake
Transfer the donuts to a lined 9-inch by 9-inch baking dish. Transfer the donuts to the plate and bake them in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until completely baked.
Step 5: Coat it in chocolate
Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl and allow it to cool down. Coat one side of the donut in melted dark chocolate.
Step 6: Top with candy eyes
Top with candy eyes and allow it to set in the refrigerator until it sets.
Set your Party Right with these Halloween recipes:
- Spooky Halloween Party Food Recipes Which Are Fun & Exciting
- 40+ Best Halloween Food Recipes You're going to Love
- Halloween Cupcake recipes ideas to glam up your Halloween Party
Can I Make them Ahead of time?
Yes you can make these Monster Eye brownies in advance. Cover the brownies with a plastic wrap and transfer them to an airtight container.
Refrigerate these donuts for 3-4 days or store in the freezer for at least 3-4 months.
When ready to serve allow it to thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and then transfer it to a preheated oven at 350 degrees F.
Heat until warmed through.
More Spooky Recipes for your Halloween Party
Monster Eye Donuts (5-ingredients)
- 250 grams Brownie Mix
- 1 large egg
- 3-4 tablespoons milk or as per requirement
- 1 cup dark chocolate melted (you can use dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips)
- candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and prepare a 9x13 inch ceramic baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, milk, and eggs. Mix well until combined.
- Use your hands to shape it in the form of a dough.
- Cut out a small portion of the dough and shape it in the form of a log.
- Just make the ends of the log meet and press down lightly. Alternatively, you can us a non-stick donut mold to make the donuts.
- Repeat with the dough and make as many donuts as you can.
- Transfer the donuts to the prepared baking dish.
- Transfer the baking dish to the preheated oven and bake the donuts for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the donuts to cool down at room temperature. Meanwhile melt dark chocolate chunks or dark chocolate chips. You can use semi-sweet dark chocolate chips or 55% dark chocolate bar.
- Microwave chocolate chips or chocolate chunks in the oven with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil at 30-second increments until rich, smooth, and creamy.
- Dip one side of the donuts into melted chocolate and place them back on the baking tray or a wired rack.
- Repeat with the remaining donuts.
- Top with candy eyes for Halloween. And they are ready.