Loaded Sweet Potato Skins in Air Fryer is a quick and easy appetizer that you can make and serve in less than 30-minutes. Sweet Potato skins are stuffed with Provolone Cheese, Mild Cheddar Cheese, sliced Black Olives, and Capers. It is Air-Fried and then topped with crispy fried bacon bits, finely chopped scallions, Sour Cream and Sriracha. Sounds absolutely amazing right?
Well, Have you tried my Crispy Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer yet? It is another popular Appetizer that you can make for Game Day.
If you need a recipe for Stuffed Sweet Potatoes then this is it. You can also try my Vegan Sloppy Joe Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. It's a similar recipe but it is made in an Oven.
In this Air Fryer Whole Sweet Potato Recipe, we'll be stuffing it with Provolone Cheese and Mild Cheddar Cheese. On top of that, we'll be adding sliced Black Olives and Capers. Finally, we'll cook it in Air Fryer and then serve it with some finely chopped Scallions and Crispy Fried Bacon bits.
I was inspired to make these Crispy Loaded Sweet Potato Skins after watching a video on How to Make the Perfect Potato Skins on YouTube. Just like any other day, I was not fully stocked. I later found out that I don't have Large Russet Potatoes at home. So, I thought, let me try it with a Sweet Potato. I was like: "How much different could it be". And, I was so right.
The melty Provolone Cheese along with Mild Cheddar Cheese made this stuffed Sweet Potato Skins recipe a super-hit. It added a layer of milky Cheesy goodness to our recipe.
The final layer of Crispy Fried Bacon Bits is another major thing to love about this Loaded Sweet Potato Skins Recipe. Not only was I right. I was so happy that I didn't have Russet Potatoes at home. Seriously, have you ever seen someone being happy for not having an ingredient? Well, I was. And, trust me if you are in a similar situation you will be too!
What You'll Love about Sweet Potato Skins Recipe:
- Crispy Texture: You are gonna fall in love with the crispy texture of Sweet Potato Skins. Not just the skin but the cheese gets all melty and gooey and you get a beautiful brown crust on top and all of that tastes so amazing.
- Time Saver: Since they are made in the Air-Fryer they save so much of your time. It takes just 5-minutes for the sweet potato skins to get crispy. Isn't that amazing?
- Crispy Bacon bits Topping: Let's face it. Crispy bacon bits are not just limited to Southern Soul Food anymore. All of us LOVE crispy bacon bits topping. And this loaded Sweet Potato Skins recipe topped with crispy bacon bits is just so good.
- Sriracha: Every recipe needs a little heat just to balance the overall taste. In this recipe, Sriracha adds that slight heat and makes it taste so damn good.
How to Make Loaded Sweet Potato Skins in Air Fryer?
- Poke Sweet Potatoes with Fork: First Poke Sweet Potatoes using a fork.
- Bake Sweet Potatoes: Place these Sweet Potatoes on a baking sheet with some water. Bake them at full power for 5-8 minutes flipping halfway until soft and tender to touch.
- Scooping Sweet Potato: Now cut these sweet potatoes in half from the center. Scoop out the filling from inside. Don't worry you can make Mashed Sweet Potatoes with that.
- Add the filling: Now brush the inside and outside of the sweet potatoes with oil. Season them with Salt and Pepper and then add Provolone Cheese, Mild Cheddar Cheese, Sliced Olives, and Capers.
- Garnish and Serve: Air Fry these Loaded Sweet Potato Skins at 400F for 5-minutes. Garnish with crispy fried bacon bits and freshly chopped cilantro.
- Drizzle Sour Cream and Sriracha on them and enjoy.
How to Make it in the oven?
You can also make it in your oven. Since these Sweet Potatoes are already soft so they won't require much time. According to me you can place them in a preheated oven at 350F or 180C for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is slightly browned on top.
Can I Make it Vegan?
Yes, you definitely can make Vegan Loaded Sweet Potato Skins. But make sure you skip these things and replace them with the following.
- Cheese: Instead of Provolone Cheese and Mild Cheddar Cheese, you can use Vegan Cheese.
- Sour Cream: You can replace Sour Cream with Dairy-Free and Egg-Free Mayonnaise.
- Tempeh: Tempeh is a popular Vegan Bacon Alternative which is made with soybeans that you can add while making these Loaded Sweet Potato Skins recipe.
Other Air Fryer Recipes:
- [2-Ingredient] Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
- Carrot Fries in Air Fryer | Healthy Side Dish
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan (ZERO OIL)
- Crispy and Cheesy Air fryer Taco Potato Wedges with Avocado Mayo
- Crispiest Air Fryer Southern Fried Chicken Recipe with Buttermilk
- Crispy Fried Green Beans in Air-Fryer
- Vegan Black Bean Quinoa Burgers in Air-Fryer
- Donuts in Air-Fryer Without Yeast | Just 4-Ingredients
- Cauliflower Wings in Air-Fryer (ZERO OIL) with Panko & Parmesan
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it went.
Loaded Sweet Potato Skins in Air Fryer
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes washed and pat dry with a paper towel
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil to brush on the Sweet Potatoes
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper as per taste
- 2 ounces Provolone Cheese ½ Cup (shredded)
- 2 ounces Mild Cheddar Cheese ½ Cup (shredded)
- ¼ Cup Olives (Black/Green)
- ¼ Cup Capers
- ½ Cup Fried Bacon Bits
- 2-3 Small Scallions chopped
- Sour Cream and Sriracha for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F or 200C. Poke holes in your sweet potatoes with a fork. Place them on a baking sheet with some water. Bake at full power for 5-10 minutes flipping midway or until soft and tender to touch. Take them out and cool them down for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut from the center lengthwise (vertically) and make two halves of sweet potatoes. Scoop out the sweet potato using a spoon.
- Brush Oil on both sides of the Sweet Potato. Season with salt and pepper. Add Provolone Cheese, Mild Cheddar Cheese, Olives, and Capers. Cook in Air Fryer at 400F OR 200C for 5-6 minutes or until the cheese is slightly browned on top.
- In the meantime cut bacon into thin strips. Cut these strips into small pieces. Fry bacon bits with some oil and black pepper until crispy. Take it out and keep ready to garnish your sweet potato skins.
- Garnish with Sour Cream and Sriracha. Serve right away.