I know you love Keto Broccoli salad with bacon. In fact, I cannot imagine Creamed Broccoli without crispy bacon.
But, we all know it that, bacon or any sort of processed meat is not healthy.
And therefore this Keto Broccoli Salad contains no bacon. Although, you might argue that Bacon is okay if you are on a keto diet. But, I personally avoid processed meat as much as I can.
Instead of Bacon I like to make my low carb broccoli salad with apple cider vinegar.
Just mentioning Apple Cider Vinegar, I'm tempted to share with y'all my most popular Apple Butternut Squash Chicken in Crockpot. Its super-delicious and so damn good.
Apple Cider Vinegar is certainly my #1 choice when making a dressing for salads. It adds that mild acidity along with a fruity overall taste.
Besides that, I like to use greek yogurt to make this healthy broccoli salad.
If you are wanting to make a vegan version of this salad aka Vegan Broccoli Salad then I recommend substituting mayonnaise or greek yogurt with my Best Homemade Vegan mayonnaise Recipe (without Aquafaba) or this super-delicious Vegan White Bean Alfredo Sauce.
Favorite Potluck Side Dish!
This keto broccoli salad with pecans or almonds is something that I make very often in my home.
I like to keep things very simple yet tasty when making this Keto Broccoli Salad. 😋
And, for me the definition of a simple yet tasty dressing is plain greek yogurt. The simple and smooth taste of yogurt is totally uncomparable. I call this one of my favorite Summer Salads.
And, Greek Yogurt is so much better than Mayonnaise, especially when you are making a creamy, refreshing salad dressing.
Here are some of my other favorite salad dressings:
- Strawberry Chicken Salad with the Best ever dressing
- Southern Cornbread Dressing Recipe
- Black Bean and Corn Salad with Lime Dressing
- Mexican Corn Salad Recipe with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Healthy Chickpea Salad with Honey & Fish Sauce Dressing
- Favorite Potluck Side Dish!
- Ingredients for keto broccoli salad no mayo
- How to Make Keto Broccoli Salad with apple cider vinegar
- Substitutions for this Keto Side Dish
- Healthy Broccoli Salad Tasty Variations
- Is Broccoli Good on a Keto Diet?
- How many carbs are in Broccoli Salad?
- Keto Broccoli Salad Vegan
- Top Tips for No Mayo Broccoli Salad
- Keto Broccoli Salad with apple cider vinegar
Ingredients for keto broccoli salad no mayo
This Keto Broccoli salad uses very few ingredients. Here's a list of things that you'll need.
- broccoli florets
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- red onions
- pine nuts or pecan nuts or almonds
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- english or french Mustard
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Salt and Pepper
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Keto Broccoli Salad with apple cider vinegar
Steam Broccoli florets in a bowl with salt water for at least 4-5 minutes.
Transfer broccoli florets into a bowl with ice cubes.
Make a creamy salad dressing.
Toss to combine and serve.
Hint: Transfer steamed broccoli florets into a bowl with ice cubes. This will keep them nice and green. 🥦
Substitutions for this Keto Side Dish
- Mayonnaise - If you don't like Greek Yogurt for any reasons you could use Mayonnaise instead.
- Red Wine Vinegar - You can substitute apple cider vinegar with plain rice vinegar or red wine vinegar.
- Pine Nuts or Pecan nuts - You can substitute almonds with Pine Nuts or Pecan Nuts.
- Erythritol - You can substitute Maple Syrup with Erythritol.
Healthy Broccoli Salad Tasty Variations
- Keto Broccoli Salad with Bacon- add cooked bacon while making the salad to imbue crispy, meaty texture into the salad.
- Keto Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad - If you want, you can add in some steamed cauliflower florets along with broccoli florets to make this keto broccoli salad.
- Pepita - Pepita or Pumpkin Seeds is good for weight loss. And, can be an excellent addition to your low carb broccoli salad.
- Cranberries or Cherries or Raisins - If you want to cut down the raw taste of broccoli and use some sweeteners then you could go with a handful amount of cranberries or cherries or raisins.
Is Broccoli Good on a Keto Diet?
Broccoli is excellent for a Keto diet. Sometime ago, I read this blog about is broccoli keto? And, it opened up so many things about broccoli which I had no clue about.
Packed with fiber, vitamins, and macronutrients Broccoli is in fact great for keto diet.
How many carbs are in Broccoli Salad?
How many carbs are in a Low carb Broccoli salad? This low carb broccoli salad has just 300-400 calories per serving.
Skipping Mayonnaise makes this even healthier. Moreover, the fact that I have skipped bacon makes this broccoli salad so much more healthy.
Keto Broccoli Salad Vegan
Planning to make Vegan Broccoli Salad? I recommend you checking out this recipe from feasting at home. Unlike most people she has used hemp seeds to make the dressing. And, that tastes absolutely delightful.
This is quite similar to my Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo and Vegan Cauliflower "Meat" Balls
Top Tips for No Mayo Broccoli Salad
- Steam your broccoli florets and transfer them into a bowl with ice cubes.
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese is my #1 choice when making anything broccoli. Thinking about Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Quiche, Grandma's Broccoli Casserole with Cream Cheese, Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole, Broccoli Mac and Cheese
- I love Ranch Dressing. Especially the one that I make in my home. Ranch Seasoning Recipe. Therefore, if you don't want to use yogurt or mayonnaise then you can use ranch dressing to make the salad.
Keto Broccoli Salad with apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Broccoli cut into florets
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pine nuts or pecan nuts or almonds chopped
- 1 cup thick greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon english mustard or french mustard
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup or erythritol
- salt and pepper as per taste
- Fill a saucepan with water and add in salt. Bring it to a quick boil. Add chopped broccoli florets and cook for 5-6 minutes. Remove from stove and drain the water. Immediately transfer to a bowl with ice water.
- Add in red onions, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, pine nuts or pecan nuts or almond slivers.
Make Salad Dressing
- In a small bowl combine thick greek yogurt with apple cider vinegar, english mustard or french mustard, pure maple syrup or erythritol. Season with Salt and Pepper.
Ask Me Anything