Broccoli Casserole - Need a cheesy comforting casserole recipe? Try this easy broccoli cheese casserole. A delicious blend of healthy broccoli 🥦, Mozzarella cheese, and crispy crunchy ritz cracker topping.
Alternatively you can also make:
Try out favorite Casserole recipes.
Steam Broccoli florets and place them on a creamy sauce. Top with Mozzarella/Velveeta Cheese and Bake until the top is bubbly and lightly golden brown. 👩🍳
I had this broccoli casserole at a holiday open house, and the guests were raving about it!
I am convinced they were saying such nice things in an attempt to get another scoop.
Therefore, I am convinced that this is a super-duper delicious side dish that will be sure to impress your holiday guests! 🎄🎃🎊 Besides that, adding broccoli is good way to get children to eat the vegetable! 🥦
More veggie friendly recipes you'll like:
- Creamy Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- Broccoli and Cheese comes together in a creamy way
- How to Make Paula Deen Broccoli Casserole?
- STEP 1: MAKE CREAMY SAUCE
- STEP 2: STEAM BROCCOLI FLORETS
- STEP 3: ARRANGE IN A BAKING DISH
- STEP 4: TOP WITH RITZ CRACKER & MOZZARELLA
- STEP 5: BAKE @ 350°F - 20 minutes
- What are some sides to serve with this?
- Cooking Variations for low carb broccoli ranch casserole
- 🤐Secrets to Making a Great One-Pot Broccoli & Cheese Casserole 🤫
- Can I make it now and heat it up later?
- How much Broccoli should I use?
- Can I substitute Fresh Broccoli for Frozen in a Casserole?
- Do you need to cook Broccoli before putting it in Casserole?
- How do you cut Broccoli for Casserole?
- More Casserole Recipes
- Recipe Card
- Easy Broccoli Casserole with Ritz Cracker
Creamy Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
Healthy Broccoli Casserole is healthy, inexpensive, and easy to throw together.
Broccoli is a great addition to all sorts of recipes, whether served as a wholesome side dish or baked in a winter casserole.
You can try these recipes as well:
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake
- Broccoli Mac and Cheese
- Broccoli Lasagna Roll Ups
- Creamed Broccoli with Crispy Bacon
This is a slightly-different-than-traditional casserole, but it’s very good! It goes together in less than 15 minutes, especially if you buy a bag of frozen cut broccoli.
Generally, people make Broccoli Casserole with chicken or rice. In this case, I have skipped the two.
Instead of that, I've used ranch seasoning for a creamy taste and for protein I've added egg. Seriously, you cannot imagine a good casserole without egg. can you?
Broccoli and Cheese comes together in a creamy way
There are various ways to make this healthy broccoli cheese casserole. You can add cooked white rice to this broccoli mixture. Or you can add cooked chicken breast cut into small cubes to the broccoli mixture.
Instead of Mozzarella Cheese you can add Velveeta Cheese. You can also add baby bella Mushrooms and diced onions to the broccoli mixture.
Wondering what is broccoli casserole made of? Take a quick look at the list of ingredients.
- Broccoli Florets
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Dijon Mustard
- Ranch Seasoning
- Garlic Powder/Freshly minced garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Mozzarella Cheese (learn how to make Vegan Mozzarella Cheese)
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Ritz Cracker
How to Make Paula Deen Broccoli Casserole?
Well no kidding. God Knows I am not even close to Paula Deen or Pioneer woman Broccoli and Cheese Casserole Recipe. But, this is how I have been making Broccoli Cheese Casserole from ages. Seriously, it's been in my family for a long time. And, I love it. ❤️
STEP 1: MAKE CREAMY SAUCE
In a bowl combine Cream Cheese, Heavy Cream, Parmesan Cheese, Dijon Mustard, Ranch Seasoning, Garlic, Italian Seasoning, and Egg. Whisk until combined.
STEP 2: STEAM BROCCOLI FLORETS
Now you can either use a steamer for this step. Or you can steam your Broccoli florets in the microwave. Place your broccoli florets in a glass bowl. Fill it with water. Cover with a plate. Microwave on High Power for 2-4 minutes or until Broccoli is soft and tender, Transfer broccoli to a serving dish.
STEP 3: ARRANGE IN A BAKING DISH
Pour and Spread half of the cheese sauce on the bottom of a 8x8 baking dish. Add broccoli florets on the sauce and spread it out evenly.
STEP 4: TOP WITH RITZ CRACKER & MOZZARELLA
Top with crushed ritz cracker and freshly shredded Mozzarella Cheese. Spoon the remaining cheese sauce.
STEP 5: BAKE @ 350°F - 20 minutes
Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 20-minutes.
What are some sides to serve with this?
- Baked Ham with Honey and Pineapple
- Oven Roast Chicken
- Ranch Cheddar Chicken
- Crock Pot Pork Chops
- Whole Roasted Duck
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Cabbage Steaks
Cooking Variations for low carb broccoli ranch casserole
- RED PEPPER FLAKES - If you feel like this dish needs a little heat then add in some crushed red pepper flakes before baking.
- CAULIFLOWER - If you want you can add half head of Broccoli and Half head of Cauliflower and make this casserole.
- CHEDDAR CHEESE - Missing Cheddar with broccoli? If you want you can add some shredded Cheddar Cheese and make the casserole.
- BREADCRUMBS - You can replace Ritz Cracker crumbs with regular breadcrumbs or use Panko Breadcrumbs for a crispier top.
🤐Secrets to Making a Great One-Pot Broccoli & Cheese Casserole 🤫
- Use Fresh Broccoli Florets for best taste.
- Make sure you blanch or steam or Broccoli before adding it to your casserole.
- Heavy cream is the key to a creamy sauce. If you want you can replace it with half and half.
Can I make it now and heat it up later?
Yes. You can make this Healthy broccoli casserole in advance. Just follow the recipe as is. Allow it to cool down completely.
Wrap it tightly with a plastic wrap. Coat it again with an aluminium foil.
Store in the fridge. Make sure you remove the cover before reheating.
Warm it up in the oven until heated through.
How much Broccoli should I use?
Remember: The basic rule of thumb is - 1 cup equals to 1 serving. Therefore 1 Pound broccoli head should be equal to 2 servings.
Can I substitute Fresh Broccoli for Frozen in a Casserole?
Yes you can substitute Frozen Broccoli with Fresh Broccoli. If you can find organic broccoli then there cannot be anything better than that.
Do you need to cook Broccoli before putting it in Casserole?
Yes. Whether you are using fresh Broccoli or frozen Broccoli I would suggest that you steam your Broccoli before putting it in casserole.
If you are wondering how to steam broccoli then read the recipe card and you can learn how to cook broccoli in the microwave. Or else, if you got a steamer then that's even better.
How do you cut Broccoli for Casserole?
The first step of making Broccoli Casserole with Cream Cheese is to cut Broccoli for casserole. If you are a beginner then you might be wondering how to cut broccoli? Is there a best way to cut broccoli? I've got you covered on that.
Use a large chef's knife and cut off right where the stem meets the base of the floret. You do need some of the stems. So, I don't prefer cutting off just the floret.
Second of all, if you have some large floret, consider slicing it up from the center.
And, that's it. You know how to cut broccoli into florets. But, the most important things are a good chef's knife and a sturdy wooden cutting board.
More Casserole Recipes
- Cajun Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Sweet Corn Casserole
- French Onion Stuffed Chicken Casserole
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Unstuffed Shells Casserole
Easy Broccoli Casserole with Ritz Cracker
- 2 lbs Broccoli cut into florets
- water to steam broccoli
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese divided
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- pepper as per taste
- 1 sleeve ritz cracker crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and liberally grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl place broccoli cut into bite-sized florets. Pour water and cover it with a lid. Cook in the microwave on High Power for 2-3 minutes. Drain the water and place it on a serving dish.
- In an another medium-sized mixing bowl, add all other ingredients except ritz cracker. Mix well until light and creamy.
- Pour the creamy cheese sauce in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Save 2-3 tablespoons of sauce for topping. Spread it out evenly.
- Place steamed broccoli florets on the cheese sauce and distribute it evenly.
- Top with remaining cheese sauce and sprinkle crushed ritz cracker.
- Add remaining Mozzarella Cheese on top and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 20-minutes or until the cheese turns bubbly and light brown on top.