Delicious Creamed Broccoli with Crispy Bacon makes for a cheesy and indulging side dish recipe. This Keto Side dish recipe is easy to prepare and goes excellent with anything. This creamed Broccoli is easy to make and is loved by everyone. Its just like my Creamed Corn but with a healthy veggie!
Creamed Broccoli is so simple a dish that it barely requires just 30 minutes to make it from scratch. I love to serve this with Steak or Crispy fried Chicken or Baked Chicken Drumsticks.
Broccoli is one such Veggie that is so healthy that the more I include it in my diet, I feel so proud of myself. I am always on the lookout to include Broccoli in my diet. Have you tried my Broccoli Cheese Casserole with Ritz Crackers or Broccoli stuffed Chicken or Broccoli Chicken Stir Fry in a honey mustard sauce? These recipes are wonderful ways to include Broccoli in your diet.
This Cheesy and Creamy Broccoli in a delicious Garlic Parmesan Sauce is something that my kids love and they never complain about eating the Greens.
Have you tried my Cheesy Green Beans or Air Fried Green Beans or Green Beans and Ranch Potato Casserole. These are equally delicious ways to include Greens in your diet.
In this recipe, the Broccoli florets are cooked just until tenderized. If you want soft and mushy Broccoli you can cover cook it a little longer and it's going to get even tender. However, we like a little crunch in the Veggies so we cook it for just 3-5 minutes, which is just enough to cut out the rawness of the Broccoli.
The creamy sauce is made with Flour, Butter, and Bacon Grease. If you want, you can wipe the pan clean after frying the Bacon and then make the creamy sauce.
If you're making a Gluten-Free Version, then replace All Purpose Flour with Rice Flour!
If you want to skip out on the Heavy cream Carbs, then add some Cornstarch slurry. This will thicken the sauce and you won't need to add Heavy cream.
You can replace Mozzarella Cheese and use White Cheddar, Gyure, or Provolone Cheese. You can replace Parmesan with Pecorino or Asiago Cheese.
Ingredients required to make Creamy Broccoli with Crispy Bacon
- 4 stips of Bacon
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon AP flour (can replace with Rice Flour for GF Version)
- 1 medium-sized onion (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- 3 cups Broccoli florets (Can use fresh or frozen Broccoli)
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Lemon juice to drizzle on top.
How to make Creamed Broccoli with Crispy Bacon
You can find the detailed printable recipe below. Here, I'll briefly run you through the step of the recipe:
- Cook the Bacon - Cook the Bacon in a Pan until it gets crispy. Take it out on a paper towel. Do not drain the excess grease off the pan. I like to use it along with butter for the roux. However, if you want, you can wipe your pan clean using a paper towel and then proceed to make the Roux.
- Making the Roux - The first step is to make a roux. For that, heat a slice of butter in a pan over medium-low heat. As the butter is about to melt, add 1 tablespoon of AP Flour and stir until it gets smooth and there are no lumps of flour left on the pan.
- Add the Garlic - Now, add the minced Garlic and increase the heat to high. Saute until the garlic gets fragrant. Add the onions and reduce the heat to medium-high. Saute the onions.
- Add the Milk & Cream - Now, it's time to add the milk & heavy cream. Pour these two in the pan and stir over medium-high heat until it comes to a slow boil. Stir to combine everything.
- Season it - Season with salt & freshly cracked black pepper.
- Add the Parmesan Cheese - Now, turn off the heat and stir in freshly grated Parmesan Cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.
- Add the Broccoli - Add the Chopped Broccoli florets to the pan. Stir to combine. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes so that the Broccoli tenderizes.
- Add Mozzarella - Add Mozzarella Cheese & crispy fried bacon. Cover and allow the cheese to melt for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve - Serve hot with lemon juice on top.
You can serve this Creamed Broccoli with Crispy Bacon as a perfect side dish for your festive table or any dinner table. Trust me, everyone is going to love it. If you want, you can always replace Broccoli with Cauliflower or Brussel Sprouts. The cooking instructions and cooking time will remain the same.
You can serve this with Spaghetti or Steak or Fried Chicken. I like to serve it over my Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti. The creamy sauce compliments the recipe.
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Creamed Broccoli with Crispy Bacon
- 4 Strips Bacon
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoon AP Flour can replace with Rice Flour for GF Version
- 1 medium-sized Onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Cream can replace with 1 cup Cornstarch Slurry
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 2 cups Broccoli florets can use fresh or frozen
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Lemon Juice for final garnish
- Cook the bacon strips until crispy. Take them off in a paper towel.
- In the same pan, add the slice of butter. As the butter is about to melt, add the flour and stir until there are no lumps left.
- Add the minced garlic. Increase the heat to high and saute the garlic until fragrant. Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the onions. Cook until the onions tenderize for 1-2 minutes.
- Now, add milk & heavy cream. Stir until combined. Cook until the sauce thickens for about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Turn off the heat and Stir in the grated Parmesan Cheese. As the cheese melts, keep the heat to medium-high. Add the broccoli florets. Toss to combine. Cover cook for 3-5 minutes or until the Broccoli tenderizes.
- Now, add the Mozzarella Cheese and Crispy bacon over the Broccoli. Cover cook for 2-3 minutes or just until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with some Lemon juice and serve hot.
- For Gluten-Free Version, replace AP Flour with Rice Flour
- You can replace Heavy cream with Cornstarch slurry. Make Cornstarch slurry by combining 2 tablespoon of Cornstarch with 2 tablespoon of Cold Water.
- You can add more garlic if you love garlic flavors.
- You can other cheese like Provolone or Cheddar or Swiss.
Ask Me Anything