Cheesy Green Beans are the best Green Beans Side dish recipe you could ever ask for. Green Beans are roasted along with Garlic, Salt, Freshly cracked Black Pepper, Heavy Cream, Parmesan Cheese, and Mozzarella Cheese. And the end result is cheesy goodness which everyone will gobble up in seconds. This is the best Thanksgiving side dish recipe with green beans which you should make this year. Moreover, this is Low Carb and Keto - friendly!
Cheesy Green Beans
Hey friends! With Thanksgiving just around the corner, my Thanksgiving menu is all set. This Year, besides a couple of the classics like the Green Bean Casserole, the Stuffing, The Pumpkin Pie, My favorite Sweet potato Casserole, I'd also be making a couple of unique side dish recipes. Especially, a lot of Green Bean recipes. We love Green Beans in our house. You might find that surprising, but when you make something as boring as Green Beans in an interesting manner, even the pickiest eaters would gobble it down within seconds.
Have you tried my other fabulous Green Beans recipes - My Green Bean Ranch Potato Casserole, Garlic butter Sauteed Green Beans with Parmesan, and my Maple Mustard Glazed Green Beans
How to make boring Green Beans taste yum?
The secret tip to make Green Bean taste yum is to add cheese to it and roast it. Roasted Green Beans taste delicious. They get crispy and are so good.
To get crispy Green Beans, roast them with olive oil or butter, and freshly grated Parmesan Cheese. Also, do not forget the Garlic, while you're making anything with Green Beans. Garlic adds the perfect kick to these Green Beans, making them super delicious. Season with Salt and Pepper and serve. To take it a step higher, add some more Mozzarella Cheese or Swiss Cheese or Gyure Cheese or Monetary Jack to the crispy beans and broil for just about 2 minutes and serve. This will make your Boring Green Beans so yum!
Let's talk taste
Coming back to these Cheese Green Beans, these are cheesy, decadent and a perfect side dish for the holidays.
These Cheesy Green Beans taste like loads of Cheese, with the hint of Garlic and that's so delicious.
Also, when you have kids in the house, the best way to get them to eat their greens is to mix it up with something they love - some cheesy goodness! These Roasted Green Beans topped with cheese will get any kid excited. This is so flavorful.
These Cheesy Green Beans take 0 prep-time. And it takes just 20 minutes to get prepare in the oven. What I love about this recipe is that you can customize it as per your needs. For example, you can replace the Green Beans with Asparagus. Also, you can use some more spices such as a hint of Cayenne and Cumin for more Tex-Mex flavors.
Ingredients I have used to make these Cheesy Green Beans
- 1 lb Fresh Green Beans - This recipe calls for Fresh Green Beans. Please do not use canned Green Beans for this recipe. The canned Green Beans won't give you the roasted texture you'll be looking forward to.
- 4 cloves of Garlic (minced) - I love to mince the Garlic and then use it so that the flavors of the garlic gets evenly distributes with the veggies. Do not replace this with Garlic Powder, as fresh garlic has its own taste which is irreplaceable.
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil - Olive Oil helps get the Green Beans roasted and crispy. You can also use melted butter in place of Olive Oil.
- 3 tablespoon Freshly Grated Parmesan - A little bit of freshly grated Parmesan cheese adds to the crispy texture of these Roasted Green Beans.
- 2 tablespoon Heavy Cream - Heavy Cream will make this dish even more comforting and delicious.
- 1 1/4 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - Mozzarella Cheese gives these Green Beans that decadent cheesy flavor. You can also use Provolone Cheese, Monetary Jack or Gyure Cheese, or Swiss Cheese for this recipe.
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper for seasoning.
How to make Cheesy Green Beans
The first step is to trim off the edges of the Green Beans.
Take fresh Green Beans. Toss it with Olive Oil, Heavy Cream, Salt, and Freshly cracked Black Pepper. Add the Minced Garlic over it.
Now, add the grated Parmesan cheese over the green beans. Add the cheese in the center of the lined green beans so that it becomes easy to serve.
Pop it in the oven for 20 minutes at 220C or 400F.
Next, get it out of the oven. Top with the shredded Mozzarella Cheese and broil or grill for 2-3 minutes or just until the Mozzarella cheese gets melted on top and starts to get brown.
Get it out of the oven and serve hot.
So, this is how you make Cheesy Green Beans. I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it soon. if you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Cheesy Green Beans
- 1 lbs Green Beans 500gm
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon Heavy Cream
- 3 tablespoon Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1¼ cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F or 220C. Grease a sheet pan with cooking spray. Trim off the edges of the Green Beans and line the beans in the center of the Sheet Pan
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, heavy cream, Freshly cracked Black Pepper, Salt, and freshly grated Parmesan Cheese to the green beans.Bake for 20 min.
- Add the Mozzarella Cheese and broil or grill for 2 minutes or just until the top of the cheese starts to get brown. Take it out of the oven and serve hot.
Ask Me Anything