Healthy and Bursting with flavors, this exceptionally good Strawberry Chicken Salad is seriously the best. Its so refreshing, healthy and scrumptious.
Strawberry, Chicken, Lettuce, Red Onions, Cranberries, Almonds and Feta Cheese are tossed together with the best ever Maple Balsamic Dressing.
Don't worry, Maple doesn't make it overly sweet! In fact the hint of maple, makes the salad taste even more flavorful and refreshing.
I love to make this Strawberry Chicken Salad as a quick lunch, especially during Spring and Summers.
Its got the best of Spring produce - Strawberries, Lettuce, Red Onions. Which are all so good and healthy. And of course you have the healthy greens with Lettuce, the good fat from Almonds and of course Cranberries are an added flavor.
This is my favorite Spring/Summer Salad which I make at least once in a week. With all the fresh berries, especially juicy strawberries flooding the market now, this is the perfect way to use them up in a healthy way.
You will love every single thing about this salad. From the juicy strawberries to the crunchy lettuce to the Chicken to the tangy Feta to Almonds
And of course the most amazing Maple Mustard Dressing on top is the best. Its just like our favorite Maple Mustard Sauce, but much healthier and a lot less sweeter, because I have used just a teaspoon of Maple.
If you want to skip sweet altogether, then you can. Just add some blended strawberries to balance the acidity of the vinaigrette.
- Lettuce - I use freshly chopped Romaine Lettuce. You can replace with Iceberg Lettuce as well.
- Strawberries, Cranberries - for that amazing fruity taste.
- Chicken - I use cooked shredded rottiserie chicken. It saves time and is so easy to use for salads.
- Red Onions - Salads with Red onions are so worth it.
- Almonds - for that exceptional nutty taste and crunch to the salad.
Maple Mustard Dressing
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Maple Syrup
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: Toss Salad
- In a large bowl, toss chopped Romaine, shredded Chicken, Chopped Strawberries, Dried Cranberries, chopped Red Onions and Almond Slivers.
STEP 2: MAKE THE DRESSING
- In a mixing jar, add Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Dijon Mustard, Maple Syrup and Kosher Salt.
- Seal the jar with the lid and shake until combined.
STEP 3: POUR DRESSING OVER SALAD
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss to combine.
- Top with Feta Cheese crumbles and serve.
Hint: if you want, you can make this salad with grilled Chicken as well. Use boneless Chicken Breast or Chicken Thighs. Grill with olive oil brushed on top until charred on both sides. Once cooked for 7-8 minutes, cut into pieces and toss with the salad.
I love to use Grilled Chicken for this Summer Strawberry Chicken Salad. It makes the salad ten folds extra delicious and even yummy!
- Lettuce - instead of Romaine lettuce, you can use Ice berg lettuce or spinach
- Vegetarian - for the Vegetarian version, you can use Tofu or Chickpeas as a source of protein. Remember to cook the Tofu or Chickpeas in the air fryer or skillet until crispy before use. You'll love this substitution.
- Vegan - For the Vegan version, skip Chicken and Feta Cheese. In fact, just add tofu crumbles over the salad. Tofu makes for an excellent alteration to Feta Cheese for Vegan recipes.
Possible Variations to the dressing
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes or just a teaspoon of Sriracha to the dressing to spice it up. But don't use a lot of it. This dressing isn't supposed to be too spicy.
- Dried Basil - We all know how amazingly basil goes Balsamic Vinegar. Just a teaspoon of Dried Basil is going to crank up the taste of this dressing ten folds.
- Strawberry Puree - Just because this is a strawberry salad, you can pulse all the other dressing ingredients along with Strawberries in the food processor. Strawberry Balsamic Dressing goes great in this Strawberry Chicken Salad.
More Summer Salad Recipes
- Strawberry Romaine Salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- The Best Vegan Tuna Salad
- Salmon Salad
- Healthy Black Bean and Corn Salad with Lime Dressing
- Mexican Corn Salad
- Refreshing Pomegranate Orange Salad
- Feel-Good Apple Orange Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Red Onion Salad
Strawberry Chicken Salad with the Best ever dressing
- 4 cups Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 3 cups Strawberries thinly sliced
- 2 cups Chicken cooked, shredded
- ½ cup Dried Cranberries
- ½ cup Red Onion thinly sliced (2 medium sized)
- ¼ cup Almonds sliced
- ¼ cup Feta Cheese crumbled
Maple Mustard Dressing
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- In a large mixing bowl, add chopped Romaine, shredded Chicken, chopped Strawberries, Dried Cranberries, Almonds, Feta Cheese, & chopped Red Onions.
- In a mixing jar or mason jar add all the dressing ingredients. Secure the lid and shake until combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Toss to combine everything. Top with some more Feta Cheese crumbles and serve!