Colorful Strawberry Romaine Salad with Homemade Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette is something that is tastes absolutely fresh, delicious, so refreshing. Besides that, this Strawberry Almond Salad with basil balsamic vinaigrette is more than enough to make you feel full and satiated.
Cutting out on complex carbs this Strawberry Cucumber Lettuce Salad with boiled eggs, chopped avocados, fresh strawberries, and unsalted almond slivers makes up for an excellent side salad or a complete dinner (when you serve it with a glass of red🍷😜)
Fresh Berry Salad with Balsamic vinegar
I highly doubt that you'll find a recipe for Strawberry Salad which is so good elsewhere. This recipe is something that I've created from scratch.
When you get fresh strawberries from the farmer's market and you really try hard not to make a strawberry shortcake or a strawberry banana bread or a Strawberry Sheet Cake. Then what comes next is a Strawberry Salad.
Ditching those unhealthy calories and ushering into the world of healthy Strawberry Salad feels unbelievably good. 😀
With loads of fresh romaine lettuce, boiled eggs, diced avocados, thinly sliced cucumbers, and of course fresh strawberries this salad is just what you need.
- Fresh Berry Salad with Balsamic vinegar
- Ingredients for Strawberry salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- How to Make Strawberry Salad with Balsamic reduction
- Cooking Variations
- What is in Wendy's Summer Strawberry Salad?
- How do you cut Strawberries for a salad?
- Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Secret tips that I rarely share
- Strawberry Romaine Salad with balsamic vinaigrette
Ingredients for Strawberry salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- Romaine Lettuce
- Diced Avocados
- Fresh Strawberries
- Boiled Eggs
For Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Basil
- Dijon Mustard
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Salt & Pepper
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Strawberry Salad with Balsamic reduction
Step 1: Assemble all the ingredients
There is nothing to cook in a salad. All you have to do is chop your Romaine lettuce, slice Cucumbers, Dice Avocados, slice Strawberries, and boil Eggs.
Step 2: Make Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette
In a mason jar combine extra virgin Olive oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Garlic Powder, dried Basil, Dijon Mustard, and pure Maple syrup. Shake the mason jar to combine the vinaigrette.
Step 3: Pour and Mix
Pour the Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette on the Strawberry Salad. Mix well using two salad spoons. Serve right away.
- Nuts - you can use any kind of nuts you like. Pecan Nuts/Walnuts/Hazelnuts and etc.
- Protein - You can swap eggs with chicken or tuna or salmon. You can discard the Egg Yellows and just use the Egg Whites for this salad. I did the same.
- Greens - you can substitute lettuce with spinach. Make sure you thaw frozen spinach before using it.
- Cheese - You can top with cheese of choice. Feta Cheese or Goat Cheese goes really well as a topping over this salad.
- Strawberry Chicken Salad with Balsamic Glaze - Cooked boneless skinless chicken cut into chunks can be an excellent addition to this salad.
- Strawberry pecan salad with balsamic dressing - instead of almonds you can use pecan nuts or walnuts to make this salad.
- Pioneer woman spinach strawberry salad - This is one of the most popular recipes that
- Salmon - Instead of Chicken you can use Salmon to make Strawberry Salmon Salad see this related Salmon Salad Sandwich.
- Tuna - Instead of Salmon or Chicken you can use Tuna to make Tuna Strawberry Salad. See this related recipe - Chickpea Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad - Got some pretzels at home? You can make Strawberry Pretzel Salad. Just add some crushed pretzels on top of the salad.
What is in Wendy's Summer Strawberry Salad?
Wendy's Strawberry Salad is one of my most favorite Salads. Typically it consists of chopped lettuce, grilled chicken, almonds, parmesan cheese/fontina cheese/Asiago cheese, Fresh strawberries, and America's favorite smoked bacon.
How do you cut Strawberries for a salad?
This is one of the most important questions that I often get when I make a strawberry Salad. Follow these Steps.
- Remove the green cap - You can either grab the green cap with hand and twist it to remove or you can make two small diagonal cuts on the top and then just pull it out.
- Slice 'em up - Keep your strawberry sideways and put your finger down. Make small vertical cuts from one end. There is no specific size as such. Just know that they should be thin.
- Spread them - Finally, just open up the slices lightly and arrange it on your salad.
Voila, wasn't that easy!
Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Typically, you will find people making strawberry salad with poppy seed dressing.
Well that's a totally different recipe but it was worth mentioning when we are making a strawberry salad. So, I'm not gonna talk much about it today.
You can easily store this salad overnight and take it for lunch to work next day. I do it all the time.
Just keep the salad (without the dressing) in a glass box or any air tight container. Refrigerate for 2-3 days. Refrigerate the dressing separately tightly closed in a mason jar.
I don't recommend freezing this since there are many ingredients which I think would go bad.
Secret tips that I rarely share
- Be careful while chopping strawberries. Make sure you keep your finger on the side.
- Taste the balsamic reduction. In case you feel it needs more honey or salt or anything else you can add it.
- Try to buy fresh organic ingredients for best taste and texture.
Strawberry Romaine Salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 heads romaine lettuce rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 3 large english cucumber (or regular cucumber) thinly sliced about ½ inch each
- 1 cup fresh sliced Strawberries thinly sliced (170grams)
- 6 large boiled eggs sliced into four parts (see video to learn)
- 2 large raw avocado pit removed, sliced from the center, scooped and diced
- ¼ cup raw unsalted almond slivers or you can toast your almonds lightly if you want
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil 100g
- ¼ cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt as per taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper as per taste
- Prepare all the ingredients. Chop romaine lettuce, slice cucumbers, cut strawberries, and cut boiled eggs. Arrange these ingredients on a plate.
- Top it off with some diced avocados.
Make balsamic vinaigrette
- In a glass mason jar combine all the ingredients for balsamic vinaigrette. Shake vigorously until combined.
- Pour the balsamic vinaigrette over the salad.
- Toss with a pair of salad spoon until combined. Garnish with almond slivers and serve right away.