Easy and Quick Santa Hat Cupcakes with mini marshmallows and creamy buttercream frosting are an adorable Christmas Cupcakes perfect for kids👩👦👦
This cute and festive holiday cupcake is basically a dark chocolate cupcake with red buttercream frosting and decorated with Mini Marshmallows which seem like a Santa Hat. It's not only pretty but delicious!
Santa Hat Cupcakes
Happy Weekend and Happy Hanuka! 🎄🎅
Today I'm back for you guys with an interesting and cute Christmas dessert recipe.
If you are here for festive holiday desserts you'll also love my Christmas Candy Cane Marshmallow Pops or Christmas Shortbread Ornaments Cookies or Chocolate Shortbread Christmas Tree Cookies or Santa Kiss Cookies.
This is probably the cutest Christmas Cupcake which you must have ever seen.
These adorable little Santa Hat Cupcakes with Marshmallows is not only easy and fun to bake, but are almost too cute to be eaten!
Christmas is one of those times of the year, when I love to bake the cutest possible desserts. Candy Cane Crinkle Cookies, Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies, Chocolate dipped shortbread christmas tree cookies and so much more.
I love Baking Cupcakes. Especially around the holidays. If you love making cupcakes like I do you can make Caramel Apple Cupcakes - caramel and apples works so well together or Apple Pecan Cupcakes - the fruity sweetness of apples and the nuttiness of pecan works so well or Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes where the fruity and sweet banana pairs with chocolate chips Chocolate Cupcake with lemon buttercream frosting and my favorite Moist Vanilla Cupcake.
I love to make batches of cupcakes and distribute them to my neighbors, coworkers, friends, and family members.
So, this year, I thought of making this cutest Christmas special Santa Hat Cupcakes with mini Marshmallows and these were beyond delicious and just too cute!!!!
This is such an easy recipe. All you got to do is bake a dark chocolate cupcake and top that with red buttercream frosting. And for the hat, use Mini Vanilla Marshmallows.
I have made this a dark chocolate cupcake. However, you can even make a regular vanilla cupcake with buttercream frosting for this recipe.
This Santa Hat Cupcake with Marshmallows is made with Oil and hence it's moist and soft! The fluffy and creamy Buttercream frosting on top is just so delcious. The best part about this cupcake is that it's just too cute. Kids will LOVE this for sure!
Also, for the buttercream frosting, I have used red food color and vanilla extract. However, I was dying to use some Strawberry extract but I couldn't get one.
So I had to stick to Vanilla. However, I highly advise you to use just 1/2 teaspoon of Strawberry extract in place of Vanilla Extract. It just feels more right and perfect with a red frosting! isn't it!
- AP Flour
- Baking powder
- Baking Soda
- Unsweetened Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Canola oil
- Granulated Sugar
- Packed Light Brown Sugar
- Confectioner's Sugar also known as icing sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- softened Butter
- Red Gel Food Color
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Heavy Cream or Milk
- mini marshmallows
How to make Santa Hat Cupcakes
- STEP 1: COMBINE DRY INGREDIENTS
- First, begin with making the dark chocolate cupcake. For that combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder in a large bowl.
- STEP 2: STIR IN WET INGREDIENTS
- To it pour the canola oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, eggs. Combine until your batter is ready. The batter should be lumpy.
- STEP 3: BAKE THE CUPCAKES
- Pour this into your lined muffin tin. Bake the cupcakes for 15 minutes. After the cupcakes get baked, cool them down completely to room temperature before you do the frosting. Cooling down the cupcakes is extremely important or else the frosting will melt over the hot cupcakes!
- STEP 4: MAKE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- To make the Buttercream frosting, beat butter with a stand mixer or a hand held mixer for 6-7 minutes.
- Slowly add in salt and powdered sugar. Beat until combined.
- Stir in Pure Vanilla extract and heavy cream or milk. Whisk on low speed until combined.
- Beat for another 6-7 minutes and add in more milk if you need to thin it out.
Take this up in a piping bag with a nozzle. Avoid using nozzles with star tips for this one!
Do the frosting over cooled Dark Chocolate Cupcakes.
Decorate the top and edges with mini Marshmallows. Serve immediately!
These Santa Hat Cupcakes with mini Marshmallows are so cute! These do not even last 30 minutes in my home. My boys love this one so so so much!!!!
- Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- Key Lime Coconut Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Santa Hat Cupcakes with Mini Marshmallows
- 1 cup AP Flour 201gm or 7.1oz
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Canola oil
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar 100gm or 3.55oz
- 1 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar 200gm or 7.5oz
- 1 cup unsalted Butter softened (about 3 sticks)
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ pound Confectioners Sugar
- 1 drop Red Gel Food Color
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons Heavy Cream or Milk
- mini marshmallows vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C. Line a greased muffin tin with cupcake liners.In a large bowl whisk the AP Flour, Baking Soda, Baking powder, salt, and Cocoa Powder.
- Now, add in the Granulated Sugar, Brown Sugar, Vanilla Extract, and canola oil. Whisk lightly. Add in eggs (one at a time) and beat until completely combined.
- Pour the Cupcake Batter into the lined Muffin tin. Bake the Cupcakes for 20 minutes at 350F or 180C.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in softened butter and whisk for 5-6 minutes or until it gets creamy. Slowly and in salt and confectioners sugar and whisk until sugar is well combined.Add pure vanilla extract, 1 drop of Bright Red Gel food color, heavy cream or milk and whisk for 6-7 minutes on high speed until you get a nice red buttercream frosting ready. Pour the Red Frosting in the Piping Bag without the Nozzle or use a nozzle without the star tip. Snip the Edge and do the frosting.
- Begin by making the Santa hat. For that do the Red Frosting over your cupcake. Then go ahead and make the top of the hat and make the fringes of the hat using the mini marshmallows. Serve immediately or refrigerate until you serve!