Christmas Shortbread Bell Cookies are adorable Christmas Ornaments Cookies. These are shortbread cookies which means that they are incredibly buttery and melt in your mouth. They are made with a hint of peppermint and topped with white chocolate and red and green Christmas sprinkles. You're going to love these cookies. These look beyond adorable and tastes so De-Licious!
Christmas is the best time to make some buttery good shortbread cookies. Have you tried my Buttery Twix Cookies or Christmas Tree Shortbread Cookies or White Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies or Apple Fennel Shortbread cookies yet? These are just perfect for the holidays and are just so so so good.
I love baking shortbread cookies for many reasons. First, it's easier to make. Yes, all you need is flour, butter, and sugar to make the cookie dough. Also, since these are more on butter, they turn out to be incredibly crunchy and I love crunchy cookies.
Then these cookies can be decorated so easily. They do not rise up and have a fat top You can use any cookie cutter you have and decorate the cookies with any kind of frosting or icing you like!
In my house, these Christmas Shortbread Bell Cookies didn't even last 30 minutes. Yes! These are so good, so buttery and so tempting. You can't just stop yourself with just one of these cookies. 🙂
Ingredients used to make Christmas Shortbread Bell Cookies
- AP Flour - 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour is required to make these cookies
- Baking Soda - Baking Soda will make sure that your cookies are soft on the inside and crusty on the outside.
- Butter - 1 Stick of unsalted butter is needed to make the cookie dough
- Granulated Sugar - You'll only need granulated sugar to sweeten these cookies.
- Red Gel Food Color - 2 drops of red gel food color are required to color the cookie dough.
- Peppermint Extract - 1/2 teaspoon of Peppermint Extract is needed to flavor these cookies
- White Melting Wafers - To drizzle over the cookies
- Christmas Sprinkles - To decorate the cookies.
How to make Christmas Shortbread Bell Cookies?
First - You start by making the dough. For the dough, combine melted butter with granulated sugar and peppermint extract. As the butter and sugar combine and gets creamy, add the dry ingredients - Baking Soda, AP Flour to your dough and mix well.
Second - Divide the cookie dough into two-part. In one part add few drops of Red Gel Food Color and combine them to make your red-colored cookie dough. Similarly, bring everything together to make the white-colored dough. Cover and refrigerate the cookie dough.
Third - Finally, Bring the Red and White Cookie dough together, roll it out on a floured surface. Use a Bell-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the cookies. Use an offset spatula to pick these cookies up and place them on a cookie baking dish.
Bake these Christmas Shortbread Bell Cookies for 10 minutes at 350F or 180C. After the cookies get baked, allow them to cool down to room temperature for 10 minutes and then decorate with melted white chocolate and Christmas sprinkles.
You can melt white melting wafers, take it up in a piping bag or zip-lock bag, snip the edge and drizzle it over your cookies. Remember that the cookies should be cold when you're drizzling the white chocolate. Sprinkle some Christmas Sprinkles on top and serve!
How to store these Christmas Shortbread Bell Cookies
You can store Christmas Shortbread Bell Cookies on the counter at room temperature, covered for 1 week.
You can also make the cookie dough balls and store them in the freezer for 3 months. Do not need to thaw them before baking. Just bake for 10 extra minutes.
Baked cookies can be frozen in a zip-lock bag for 3 months. Before eating, pop them in the oven at 350F and heat them for 5-10 minutes so that they get heated through.
So, this is all about these Christmas Shortbread Bell Cookies. I hope you bake these cookies and you love them. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Christmas Shortbread Bell Cookies
- 1 cup AP Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 2 drops Red Gel Food Color
- 10 Oz White Melting Wafers
- Christmas sprinkles
- In a bowl combine butter and sugar along with peppermint extract. Once it gets creamy, add the Flour and Baking Soda. Combine everything to make the cookie dough. Divide the dough into two parts. In one part, add few drops of Red Food Color and leave the other one white. The dough will be crumbly, but when you bring it together it will form a dough. Cover and freeze the cookie dough for 15 minutes or refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C
- Bring both red and white cookie dough together and roll the dough. It should have a white and red marbled effect to it. Use a Bell-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the cookies. Take them out in a cookie baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- After the cookies have baked, cool them down completely. Melt white melting wafers in the oven and take them up in a zip-lock bag or piping bag. Snip the edge and drizzle over the cooled cookies. Decorate with Red and Green Christmas Sprinkles. Serve.
Ask Me Anything