Caramel Apple Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting is one of the easiest apple cupcakes that can be made with red or green apples 🍏 It's tastes even better when you make it with your kids. 🧒 Just like these Apple Pecan Cupcakes
In my home, Kids Love Baking. Not to mention the mess they create. 😉
This Caramel Apple Cupcake Recipe is the only recipe that you'll need.
Easy Apple Cupcakes 🍏
Super flavorful Salted Caramel Apple Spice Cupcakes are moist, soft, and creamy, with salted caramel flavors, Apple flavors, and the cozy fall flavors. These are moist and fluffy Apple Spice Cupcakes.
The frosting is that of Vanilla Buttercream, which is topped with some salted caramel drizzle. This Apple Spice Cupcake makes for the perfect Fall Party treats.
The Fall season is quickly approaching, and this gorgeous season calls for these amazing Apple recipes.
You're going to love it. It's the Fall season and I find myself reaching out for that warm cup of coffee even more often than ever, and every time, with my Coffee, I need something to munch on.
And since its fall, my recipes and choices have changed! Can't help, guys! I just love Fall. This is my favorite time of the year for me. When the weather has finally cooled off, and I feel so much at ease at this temperature.
This beautiful Fall season inspires me to create new and innovative seasonal recipes that are just perfect for the Harvest season and Fall days.
So today, I bring to y'all my all-time favorite - Salted Caramel Apple Spice Cupcakes. Salted Caramel makes everything delicious. Try my Salted Caramel Brownies or Salted Caramel Apple Crisp Bars with Maple Glaze or Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars
These Cupcakes have a simple American Vanilla Buttercream frosting, which is topped with some generous salted caramel drizzle. Also, the slice of Red apple by its side makes it so yummy! Goes perfect with your Pumpkin Latte or Pumpkin Frappuccino, which I am crushing over right now 💖
Apple Cupcakes are never boring. Especially at this time of the year, a classic Apple Cupcake is always fun. Also, the Salted Caramel drizzle over the classic Buttercream frosting makes it super delightful and flavorful. Just your typical Autumn flavors seized in a cupcake. Talking about Autumn have you tried this Autumn Spiced Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and salted Caramel Drizzle. There you have it - another recipe with Salted Caramel Drizzle.
The Pumpkin spice and ground cinnamon do the magic of bringing the sweetness together and it's oh so tasty. 🥰 I think these Apple Cupcakes with the Buttercream Frosting are super delicious.
You could also use Cream Cheese frosting, but there is something so festive about a good old American buttercream frosting.
Moist Vanilla Apple Cupcakes
Since I have not used Butter so this cupcake is really moist. I always prefer using oil instead of butter while making cupcakes. It improves the texture drastically and the cupcakes taste delicious.
If you have been thinking of making this cupcake then you should get started right away. And I can tell you with experience that once you have made these cupcakes, they won't last long. They are so tasty that you would want to eat all of this right away.
These are undoubtedly the tastiest Apple Cupcakes that I have tasted ever. And the best part is that they look so cute.
Ingredients needed to make Salted Caramel Apple Cupcakes
see the recipe card for quantities.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Spice
- Ground Cinnamon
- Vegetable Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Whole Milk
- Apples Peeled, cored and chopped to bite-size pieces
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Butter softened
- Granulated Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Granulated Sugar
- Salted Butter
- Heavy Cream
How to Make Apple Cupcakes from Scratch
- Step 1: Preheat Oven - to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liner.
- Step 2: Combine Dry Ingredients - In a mixing bowl combine AP Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Ground Cinnamon, and Pumpkin Spice.
- Step 3: Combine Wet Ingredients - In a separate mixing bowl combine vegetable oil, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, whole milk, and of course - Apples.
- Step 4: Mix everything - Mix the dry and wet ingredients until combined. Transfer it to a cupcake mold. Fill upto 3/4th of the cupcake mold.
- Step 5: Bake - Bake them at 350 degrees F for 20-minutes. Allow them to cool down completely.
- Step 6: Frosting - Make Vanilla Buttercream Frosting using Pure Vanilla Extract, butter, and Granulated Sugar.
- Step 7: Make Salted Caramel Sauce - I learnt how to make this Caramel Sauce from Sally. Follow the instructions here at Sallys Baking Addiction.
- Step 8: Pour the Sauce and Serve
What Kind of Apples Should I use?
Always go for Granny Smith Apples. If possible you can choose Pink Lady or Gala apples. But, I didn't like Red Delicious apples. It was just as tarty as you would want your apples to be.
Can I Make it Ahead of Time?
Yes, we do it all the time. Just bake it ahead of time and then frost and serve on the following day.
More Apple Desserts Recipes
if you are making them please leave a rating below. Snap it and tag me @recipemagik with #recipemagik.
Salted Caramel Apple Spice Cupcakes
- 1½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil you can also use canola oil but not olive oil
- ¾ Cup light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- ⅔ cup Whole Milk
- 2 medium sized Apples Peeled, cored and chopped to bite-size pieces
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup Butter softened
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Salted Caramel Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C and line a Muffin tin with Cupcake liners
- In a bowl, take all the dry ingredients and whisk well. Keep aside
- Add in the oil, brown sugar, cider vinegar, milk, and chopped apples to the dry ingredients. Mix everything well using a spatula.Pour this Cupcake Batter into your Cupcake molds. Fill only till 3/4th
- Bake your Apple Spiced Cupcakes for 20 minutes. Cool the cupcakes on a wire rack for about 5 minutes to room temperature before you do the frosting.
- Whisk butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the Vanilla Extract and beat well. Take it up in a piping bag and do the frosting.
- In a heavy-duty medium saucepan add granulated sugar over medium high heat. Stir constantly with a rubber spatula until the sugar melts.
- once sugar is melted, add cubes of butter. Whisk vigorously until the sugar combines with butter. If you see sugar separating from butter then take it off the heat and whisk until it combines. This should take about 3-5 minutes
- Slowly pour heavy cream and whisk continuously. Once you've added the heavy cream allow it to boil for about a minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt. Allow it to cool down completely. Pour it over your apple cupcakes and enjoy.